Kristian Dyer: Tebow ‘couldn’t get a fair shot’ with Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Backup QB, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

a) he does a Drew Brees and plays lights out in his 4th season when they drafted Rivers

b) he sucks so much ass that the JETS are drafting Teddy Bridgewater next year, and we can try this merry-go-round once again.

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I've been saying this for a long time. The Tebow fan circus thing is a myth. I'm on the most active Tebow forum in the world and we have like 65 members and 10 of them post regularly. Even the Tebowmania forum here was dominated by people who didn't like him. This whole idea of hordes of Tebow fans rioting in the streets is ridiculous. It's all the media who makes this hype.

I agree that Sanchez was the problem. But he's owed a lot of money and I think that is why he is lasting so long. They clearly want to go with Geno as the future. I like the kid, but things I've seen lately are troubling.

3. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

Someone needs to rid the earth of Tebow fans. Wouldn't at all mind a genocide of them.

4. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Well, looks like your plan fell flat on its face. Much like Tebow's career.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

6. BleedGreenDaily

7. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Wont he be the backup to like a 40 year old? Its sad really.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Still waiting for this media firestorm over this. Should take off any time now....

just an other hour or two...

maybe three... Then all hell will break loose, people will realize he was screwed, and he'll be signed as a starter by next Tuesday...

pffft... Nobody cares. Only a handful did when the ex special teams coach spoke up about not working with Tebow during the season. Old news.

...and the kid STILL SUCKS.

9. Concerned_Citizen

The QB said he wasn't all that upset about the idea of having Tebow on the team. He said, "Tebow can learn a lot from me."

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

No, it's not a myth. People follow him everywhere he goes, and I have no doubt that you will do the same. Enjoy the UFL next year. If the media didn't get tons of ratings from articles about him, they wouldn't bother. That proves right there that he has a substantial following. There was a reason we had to make a Tebowmania section. It was because every day there were 5 new Tebow threads talking about the same crap. Look how many users joined this site within a month of the Tebow trade. Your existence on this site debunks your claim right there. The Tebow media circus is solid fact and we experienced that last year.

11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ it being a myth

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Who said it? Where's the direct quote and proof?

Perhaps you could offer more than speculation? At this point we don't even know who said it, IF somebody even did. You're telling me you didn't say "Rex was afraid of Tebow succeeding". Sorry but I don't believe things blindly like religious folks.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You've never seen anyone in the Jets stands with a Tebow jersey? REALLY? Are you willfully ignorant or just pretending? We had articles on here about Tebow supporters showing up to watch practices and mini camp and chanting for him.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:O

Now what will happen if a Tebow fan dies in an unrelated accident in a few months? You heartless bastid! :lol:

15. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

Nothing of value would be lost. :)

16. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Did you go to camp? I love how everyone is so convinced about these Tebow legions but can never report seeing them. Buying a Tebow jersey does not mean you followed him here from Denver. Some people were actually excited about the prospect of a new QB. Do you think if we had RGIII and traded for Tebow, you'd see Tebow jerseys last year?? No chance. But when we have the worst QB in the NFL, people are ready for change. So it's no surprise that a guy who had a crazy run of success in 2011 was able to generate jersey sales with a fanbase starving for success.

There were no Tebow legions at camp. There were no people following him here from Denver at the games. There were no Tebow sections at the tailgate. Yes he had fans there with signs for him. Yes there are people who love him. But when it comes to the entire stadium, the only time you ever heard Tebow's name being yelled loudly was when Sanchez threw yet another pick 6. That is normal life in the NFL. It's only news here because we happen to have the most mentally-fragile starting QB in NFL history. People should be calling for the back up with the pathetic QB play we had the past 2 years. There was nothing circus-like surrounding Tebow at the games. He never played.

In the first 2 weeks, I definitely admit there'd be some juice when he'd come out. But again, if anything, Rex caused that because of the way he hyped up Tebow as the next Slash. But most of the time it was with the punt team. By week 5, people weren't even thinking about him at game time. Really the two times where Tebow really caused the most "controversy" was after the Butffumble (where he should have been put in the game and Sanchez released on the spot) and the last road game at Buffalo where their fans were going crazy yelling for him to be put in.

If anyone had a different experience, please let me know. But this Tebow cult stuff was really a media creation and for some reason people are still believing it.

17. Concerned_Citizen

So...

Has this story gone "viral" yet? Are enough people up in arms over this to make the front page?

Maybe give it another day or two... Big story on the horizon, hold on to your hats, fellas.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Omaha Beef needs to know!

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lulz. I wish I could be there with Backup QB watching the Beef and praying that somebody gets hurt so Tebow can get in the game.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

nobody picked up the easily obtainable Tebow. If only the professionals knew the secrets about Tebow that the Teabaggers know. I just don't understand what is wrong with you people. Do you not understand that if anyone on any team thought there was an ounce of worth with him as QB,they would have picked him up? Can this "the Jets ruined Tebows chances" nonsense please stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.