Yahoo/Manish: Smith thought he should be and would be the No. 1 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he fired his agents because they gave him shitty advice and told him not to go to the senior bowl ... that likely cost him the spot as the #1 qb chosen

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

While I more or less agree with the content of your post the spelling and grammatical errors you committed while critiquing a college kid's grammar are hypnotic.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is another piece in the puzzle. Good point.

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. Great point!

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

...and print media, at least, is in its death throes.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Not a bad first assumption when dealing with somebody who gets paid to stir the pot and cause controversy. That is their job. You should always take what they say with a grain of salt. I have high standards for truth and I demand evidence before I'll believe anything. Proof or it didn't happen is my life motto. That's probably why I'm so dismissive of the media speculation while others treat it like gospel. People seem to get mad whenever I call the media out for speculation that they treat as absolute truth.

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

He's a bit of a diva and seems very immature, but he's young, hopefully this doesn't end badly, but it always does for the Jets.

8. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

That's fine as long as you do the same for positive news about the jets. However, most posters take positive news as 100% accurate and critical news as 100% bullshit. Go look at the Rex Ryan thread. How many people question anything in that article? All I ask is consistency.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more off

10. BleedGreenDaily

You sure proved him wrong with those facts.

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I understand confidence, but how could his agents have done anything to make him the #1 overall pick. This borders on delusional, not confident. If he was mad he didn't get drafted in the 1st round, I'd understand, but #1 overall is a bit of a stretch, IMO. I don't think anyone but Geno thought he was going #1 overall.

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rotoworld's new article...

the muckraking campaign against Geno Smith is truly legendary. I have never seen anything like it. Are there articles about Tyler Bray throwing beer bottles as maturity questions or EJ Manuel not having football acumen...?

Ridiculous

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is good for Smith though, as being in the New York market, he will get many negative articles written about him no matter what. Might as well get started early.

14. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Geno Smith IS a RETARD, if he ever steps foot on the field reality is going to slap him right upside his head. :/

15. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Hmmm... well you said it so it must be true!

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yep, when I listen to him, he sounds soooo retarded

My god, do you let the media feed you everything about the Jets? If he were not with the Jets, this would not be a story. It's a muckraking campaign, plain and simple.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I follow the same standards for positive articles, but the positive news is so rare you never see it. It's all negative, so fans get irked about it and speak out about it. Why wouldn't they? Oh I know why, because there are so many negative people on this site. I'd love to see prove of your bolded statement. It seems like the exact opposite on here, we are just flooded with negative news right now because the Jets have struggled in recent times. SOJ fans go right along with it like gospel, while the homers adamantly reject it. Trust me, even during 2010 it was the same way despite more positive news (and it was still rare then).

#77 Barcs, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

There's no excuse for spelling errors these days. Pretty much every internet browser corrects spelling on the fly. Spelling errors usually indicate laziness and lack of scrutiny for what they post.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Namath hated Z. And Z detested Namath. I'm just glad they made up before Paul suffered that stroke.

Trust me, I do.

Look, I disagreed with Serby but even Todd say HE WAS RIGHT -- about 1980. The Jets went 4-12 and Todd threw 30 interceptions (that's almost 2 a game for those of you who think Sanchez sucked). The locker-room thing was about past grievances and Todd not wanting to bury the hatchet. I spoke to Todd years later and as I suspected he and Serby were OK later that year and during Todd's 2nd-time with the team. Serby even joked about it in his "Mr. Loser" column.

The 1981-82 teams were good. The 1983 team would have won the SB if Walt Michaels hadn't been fired. The team panicked because Joe Walton was the #1 hot coaching prospect and they were terrified at the prospect of losing him.

I do agree somewhat with this point.

I genrally don't like AS but sometimes you have to use them. I think Mehta is an honorable guy -- do you think he is lying ? If so, contact his editor and tell him why you think he is lying and try and get him fired.

20. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

What ever with these non-issues. A guy is within his rights to hiring/firing his own representation he's paying them not the media or the fan base. Do you want others to choose your advisers for you?