Kristian Dyer: Tebow ‘couldn’t get a fair shot’ with Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Backup QB, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 29 Apr
    Mike Westhoff on ESPNNY 98.7 FM: Says Sanchez shouldn't have been rattled by Tebow's presence because he was clearly better QB. #Jets

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

From the article:

"One offensive starter on the 2012 team spoke to Metro New York about the fallout of the Tebow trade last season"

That pretty much guarantees the "source" is no longer on the Jets.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I sense a 7,000 post thread here.

4. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

So we get rid of the Tebow forum and now we have Tebowites coming here to post Tebow articles under the guise of it being a Jet topic. Unreal.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It's Jets news. Anyways, shoot the messenger. I didn't even put the former QB's name in the title or reference him. I clearly said don't click the article if you don't want to hear about him. I only referenced the what the player said about Sanchez and the coaches here. The title was changed to have the former QB's name by the moderators.

Anyways, I thought you'd be interested in what will be a big story tomorrow, whether some people want to believe it or not.

Peace.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

We? lol. You're staff now?

7. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

The thread title specifically states Tebow. You are the lord king of the Tebow worship cult forum we were forced to have here. The day that forum mercifully is closed, bc the joke loser it revolved around was shipped out from an NFL squad again, you come to the big boy forum to, shockingly, post a pro Tebow article.

I'm sure the Omaha Beef have a forum lmfao.

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Tebow is a great guy, but a lousy NFL quarterback. It was a major mistake
    for the Jets to trade for him. Idzik made the right call by releasing him.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The mods changed the title. My thread title did not mention the former QB3 of the Jets. I have also posted in the "big boy" forum since the main forum closed. Stop worrying about me and post about the subject.

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Me too. He's a veteran and arguably the best player on the offense. That's the kind of person who would look at the situation and say "WTF is going on here? He can't be any worse, give him a try," and not reflexively defend the QB just because he's the QB.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

:rofl: :rofl:

Now THAT was a priceless gag!!

12. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I agree and think that its an indictment of Suckchez rather then another shot at Tebow. Sucky's fans here get all tingly over him. WOW. What a disaster! This is a team game. Id expect we would rather win as a team no matter who the QB is!!!!

13. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

It right next to the Suckchez forum where all his fans can celebrate and dance and sing together! They don't know why they are celebrating but they do love their favorite QB, win or lose!

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

On one hand, he's a Jets beat writer. It's not like it was an article written by the beat writer for the Calgary Stampeders.

On the other hand, he might be a little biased (on the right) ...

[​IMG]

/Tebow still got screwed.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Stop harassing the thread starter. I changed the thread title to meet the thread naming conventions. The thread title simply repeats the title of the article.

16. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Doesn't take an Einstein to know EXACTLY why you posted that article here.

Everyone knows Sanchez is on his last leg on the Jets. It won't be a big story either. Just as it really wasn't when a former coach came out a few months ago and said they didn't really do anthing with that other guy they released Monday and didn't practice the plays they ran.

It will be a non story.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yea, this. and moore is still pissed he lost his anal virginity to marks helmet

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

What the Hell is a "fair shot"? Screw Tebow and his whining, sniveling supporters. He got paid a ton of money and was rostered, practiced, dressed on game days, and played some. He wasn't entitled to anything. He was an employee of the New York Jets, and the TEAM was entitled to use him in any way they saw fit. Hit the road and good riddance.

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

What caused this entire mess was Sanchez and Tebow both being terrible at what they were brought in to do. If Sanchez had even a mediocre year as the starting QB the Tebow argument goes away. If Tebow quit his whining and executed the wildcat when called upon with success he's playing next year. But both had just awful years and we're cutting ties with both thank god!

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What a load of crap. Only with Tebow does he get all the attention. Since when do so many people expect a backup QB to start or get lots of snaps, or else its the end of the world? Why wasn't Brad Smith's snap count so heavily scrutinized? The media sucks balls. I'm tired of it, and I can't wait to not hear his name associated with the Jets ever again. Last I checked, the writers of this article are not at Jets practice every day and therefor can't comment on whether it was fair or not. If the dude sucks, the dude sucks, the coaches aren't going to play him just to appease idiot fans and media clowns.

I remember many times last year, Sanchez setting up a 2nd and 3 or so, Tebow coming in, fucking up, then Sanchez coming back in to a 3rd and 8. That is not how you win games. Tebow got chances, they just weren't always in games. If the guy struggles in practice, it is what it is. Talking about fairness is fucking dumb. Life isn't fair. Tebow isn't good. That's the simple fact of the matter. If you start a guy who isn't good, just to appease idiot journalists, THEN it wouldn't be fair to the others who have played better. The media just screams about being fair so they can get Tebow coverage and increase ratings. It has nothing to do with Tebow's skills or lack thereof. The media absolutely hates the Jets after suppressing him all year, and ignoring their ridiculous demands to start him.

#40 Barcs, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.