Sporting News: First draft grades foe all 32 teams in

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rajensen088, Apr 28, 2013.

1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

This, this, this, and this again.

2. abfjet

abfjet New Member

Draft guys get paid to make comments most of this is totally meaningless

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

RR runs a hybrid, mixes fronts. The 34 we run is also one-gap from the film I've seen.

4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Writeups. Who cares? These guys get the mocks all wrong, they tab guys as second rounders and they go in the fifth....these guys are puds. Worrying about what they say is ridiculous. Does anyone think that these writers know more than the scouts and the G.M.s? Who needs their approval. Writers are whores for news.

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

and ESPN is a slag heap of has been athletes and frat boy announcers. I never watch it any more.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

when REx first got here emphasis was made that he coached 1 gap, and that it would be more aggressive than Mangini's read and react 2 gap.

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Lets face it..the Author of this thread makes champ look like a Johnson and Johnson spokesman.

Raj could be one of the biggest tools this site has ever seen..he is just not around enough to get the "credit".

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

JW, he gets plenty of credit, he just figured he'd wait until everyone forgot about him.

Too soon, I guess.

BTW, fantastic light show in south Tejas tonight. Feels like twister weather. Green skies and all.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Entering that season down there. Mighty storms..wow..just looked at the radar abyz. Good seeing you bud.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hell yeah. Better than 100°and 100%humidity. Digging the green sky.

Good seeing you too. You have always been the best of eggs.

Holy crap I am soaked to the bone.

I'm a sucker for storms!

11. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Richardson at #13 still makes no sense to me, I don't see how this guy is anything more than a rotational player on Rex's defense. Why would we draft a rotational player with the 13th pick? Should've gone with Eifert.

12. SecondHandJets

I don't post here often so I'm just going to copy/paste the write up I did for another forum:

I'm giving this draft an A. f*** it, I almost gave it an A+ but I don't want to be that guy.

Here's what I'm thinking:

9. Milliner - obvious choice after Austin went to the Rams. I heard Polian this morning and he had Milliner as the best DEFENSIVE player in the draft. Period. I wasn't high on this kid but I'm no scout. Apparently, he does it all (except catch). There will be some Revis comparisons but I think that the media is overhyping this again. No sane person is going to realistically expect Milliner to become as good as Revis is. That's just too high a standard. However, I do think that he becomes a Pro Bowl corner. This was clearly a BPA pick and it worked out great.

13. Richardson - I will admit that this pick stumped me. Didn't we draft Wilk and Coples back to back? Who is Richardson? I've never seen him mocked to us... BOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Then I got to reading and watching clips of him and holy shit. This kid is basically a panther in football pads. How a man that big moves that fluidly I'll never know. Dude is ferocious. Last year, our run defense was terrible. It was so bad, teams didn't throw the ball against us. Our best run stopping play was Landry and Harris making ankle tackles 4 yards beyond the LOS. Well... Richardson had 75 tackles. IN ONE YEAR. FROM THE DT POSITION. 10.5 for a loss. Let that sink in. I can't wait to see how Rex uses him.

Some people wanted an "offensive playmaker" at this spot. That's cool brah... who? Oh now you want a G? At 13? Really? Interior OL in the Top 15? I'm glad you're not picking for my team. Have a seat.

39. Geno Smith - Honestly, I was kinda going to like him at 13... but at 39?! LOVE IT. The production is a little inflated thanks to the WV cracked out offense but the kid can ball. 42 TDs?! Only 6 INTs? 3 Year starter. Got speed but he's definitely a passer. Broke Marc Bulgers college record. I don't know how he fell to us, but I'm glad he did. Perfect example of "let the draft unfold". I can see him taking over mid season for Garrard.

77. Brian Winters - This is the only pick that I'm not totally in love with. I just really really like it. First off, the dude has a wrestling background. After watching Ducasse get thrown off balance by a sneeze, having someone who knows about leverage will be nice. Secondly, I like that he played on the ends and was successful as a RT. He'll move inside in the NFL, but it's a lot easier to come inside then the other way around. Then I read that he played in 2011 with a dislocated shoulder. This is one touch SOB. The only red flag on him is that he managed a meager 9 reps on the bench, but I can't really fault him for that. After nursing a lengthy and painful shoulder injury, he's probably not a bench guy. The bench is used as a measure for how much time the guy spent in the gym, but if you ever hurt your shoulder, you know that barbell presses are pretty much out of the question. This kid doesn't appear to be weak, so he's probably more of a deadlift guy.

Chris Ivory - Although I was against drafting a RB, I like this pick up. First off, he's immediately the best RB on our roster. He can catch the ball. He's got tremendous YPC (which will go down as he plays more) and big play ability is something that we haven't had at RB in a long long time. There's a couple of guys that I like that are still on the board, but realistically, most probably won't have the impact that Ivory will. The only concern with him is his durability, but again, we gave up a 4th for him so we can't expect him to be pefect.

Oday - I loved this pick and this is a guy I thought we'd get in the 4th before we made the Ivory trade. He's got everything you want in a RT and he'll fill in nicely in a year if Austin Howard (URFA in 2014) leaves. I think, again, this is tremendous value at this spot.

William Campbell - Project player who the Jets will stash on the PS in hopes of turning him into the next Brandon Moore (also a college DT). We're in the 6th round so anyone who actually makes the team from here on in is found money.

Tommy Boh - This was a Marty Mo' pick all the way. A pass catching FB will make life easier without a big time TE. Loved this pick. Shows that the Jets have a plan.

Bottom line:

We just got the highest rated CB, the highest rated DT and the highest rated QB. Then we got a good interior lineman and a starting RB with big play ability. What's not to love?