Are you cheering for Revis in Tampa?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JVilma51, Apr 23, 2013.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Revis healthy, & be a good corner for a crappy team.
    I hope tb doesn't come close to sniffing the playoffs. Then they can go through contract NEGotiations with the MEvi$ camp. Can't wait for his pending hold out.
    Revis= Great player but shit+y team attitude

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

nope, like was said before
    i am a jets fan not a revis fan.

unless i end up with tampa's d in my fantasy league,in which case, go revis!

3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I will be hoping his other knee gives out in training camp and he never steps on the field in 2013. The conditional pick is not depending on playing time so it would work out great.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What if he wasn't an ex-Jet? I have rooted for great players before without actually bring a fan of their team. One of them was Jerry Rice. Another was Marcus Allen. Another was Ray Lewis. Another was Anquan Boldin.

I'm not a fan of theirs, but I find myself pulling for them for different reasons. Rice and Boldin because they defied the league and became great.

Allen because he defied his team owner, who I hate, and willed his team to greatness.

Lewis, because I believed that a person could maintain greatness while redeeming himself.

I think Revis may well be a total turd of a human being, but he is the best corner and possibly the best defensive football player I have ever seen. I have studied his game in order to write interest pieces that I unfortunately never had the time to complete.

And knowing how great he is... at pretty much everything he is asked to do...

I am intrigued to see the final product.

Get over the fandom with players like this. Yes, he's greedy. But he also is one of those rare players that performs to the level of his demands.

Say goodbye to the best player that has ever worn a Jets uniform.

5. Boid Fink

Boid Fink New Member

I certainly will be!

Of course I am a Bucs fan.

It won't let me post a link, but you should pop into Pewter Report.com, and check out the Darrelle Revis thread. It has over 500 pages, and nearly 180 thousand views, and anxiety laced hilarity.

I personally think the BUcs made one helluva deal, Revis is getting his money in a deal that is very friendly towards the Bucs. Although it will get re-worked very soon, IMO. Great player. Sounds like a class act. Cannot wait to see him vaporize receivers in a Bucs helmet.

Would you rather have had next years first?

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Hell no. I honestly hope he plays for the shittiest teams possible and has to deal with never winning a SB ring because he's a greedy mofo.

7. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

Mixed

Part of me wants them to suck, but I don't really care. I try to let go of ex-Jets and focus on my team. I wish him the best. I don't care for the Bucs because they're in the NFC.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I think this puts it very well. I have no problem with players using every tool at their disposal to get whatever they can get, especially in the NFL. If they choose to treat it like a business that is definitely reasonable. When they then turn around and cry about how the team treated them like it was a business they're acting like idiots, and they can stick it where the sun don't shine.

9. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

After week 1 is over and Hill burns him for a TD. No hard feelings. Good luck in the NFC.

10. Alpha Alpha 408

Alpha Alpha 408 New Member

Wishing injury on a player...REGARDLESS of the team...

That's why Jet fans are so classy.

See you soon, kids.

Bring a few friends with me...I'm sure it'll be good times...

TB 31

NY 6

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Not everyone is wishing him injury and you classify all of us in the same category is pathetic and no more then an attempt to stir shit up. NYJ-20 TB-10

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

You realize teams cut players when it benefits them and no one calls the team "selfish" so why would you have a problem with the player getting what he can from the team even if it meant holding out? He is arguably the best defensive player in the league and he wants to be paid as such and I don't blame him.

13. Alpha Alpha 408

Alpha Alpha 408 New Member

Not everyone is wishing him injury and you classify all of us in the same category is pathetic and no more then an attempt to stir shit up. NYJ-20 TB-10

On OUR board...individuals wishing or hoping for a player to get injured are ostracized...that is bullshit. These dudes put there ass on the line, every play. Doesn't matter whose team they play for. And for YOU to not say something about one of "YOUR GUYS" crapping on players like that...says more about YOU than them.

And you haven't seen "shit stirred up" yet.

I've been trolling this place for a few days. Y'all got a bunch of classless assholes in this joint, don't ya?

Way to perpetuate the myth, kids.

Thought I was in Jersey for a sec.

Good luck in your "rebuilding". LOL!

14. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I hope Revis bounces back from the injury and does very well. I can't believe some of you are wishing he gets injured. I wanted us to rebuild and trade Revis to get the draft picks, but he was a great great great player for us. How the hell could any Jets fan trash this guy?!?!?!? You guys are embarrassing our fan base with your disgusting comments.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I hope Mevi$ has a terrible decline and we are deemed smart by unloading him for a 1st rounder.

16. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Julio
    Colston
    Smith
    Calvin

Welcome to Revis Island. Please note that no receptions are allowed on the island under any circumstance. Celebratory dancing is strictly prohibited. And please be sure to avoid the end zone.

Enjoy your stay.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Exactly. It was rich watching that whiny little crapstain, claim the Jrts gave up on him,be aise he got injured. Someone should have slapped him in the face, and asked him point blank, so your orevious holdouts had nothing to do with it, and you were going to play for the 6 mil?

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I say its better than even money he doesnt play week ome.

Allegedly he was ahead of schedule, but when asked about week one after being traded, he was hedging.

19. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

screw him ,was over the holdout drama.
    time to move on.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why in the world would I pull for a player who held the Jets financially hostage for 6 years?

Last offseason left a bitter taste in my mouth. Coming off a season when the locker room fell apart and we needed leadership from "the best player to wear a Jets uniform" (very debatable), did he step up and lead? NO. With two years left on his contract, he was talking hold out, did nothing to fill the leadership void and would not even commit to coming to camp on time.

Good bye and good riddance. I never want to see a player get hurt, but I hope he has lost a step and becomes an ordinary CB. I hope he becomes Aso II.