Tebow might get a chance to start after all....

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Whoa!!! Are the Bucs serious?!?

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...89joOJioFLZGRAVxI?utm_medium=rss&utm_content= Jets Blog#axzz2QHeCWhXj

Not much talk or evidence of Tebow being possibly added to a trade to Tampa... but SANCHEZ sure seems to be.

That would provide A LOT of salary relief. They probably end up keeping Tebow and Garrard and drafting a QB if this happens.

-------------------------
    The website Pro Football Talk reported the two teams have discussed including Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez in the deal. This would be stunning, considering Sanchez’s contract. He is due to make a guaranteed base salary of $8.25 and he is a $12.8 million salary cap hit. The Jets would likely have to eat some of that money to unload Sanchez, though.
    -------------------------

Never saw that one coming.

Not sure if that means Tebow has a shot to start though, especially if this ends up happening and the Jets go after Geno. Odds are still pretty slim that this all means Tebow is gonna get a chance to start, considering the way the Jets have handled him, but who knows. A big obstacle has been removed... about the only way Tebow manages to get starts, cuz he sure as hell won't beat anyone in camp.

Of course, all that pending a trade actually happening. Not sure if it is a bluff. Holy crap, how far under the cap ARE the Bucs anyway? Isn't Revis gonna demand about 15 mil?

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Tebow gets an "only slightly greater than zero" chance of staying, no matter what.

Although it sure would be interesting. If for nothing else than to watch this board.

#2 catsigater, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  3. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

It won't matter, on May 1, 2013, Timmy will still be the same shitty quarterback he was on May 1, 2012. Mark's implosion had little to do with Tim; it was its own separate disaster that may be resolved. Tim getting a shot never had anything to with Mark being in camp or not. Greg McElroy and David Garrard (black Kyle Orton???) are too much competition for Tim to overcome as they have been in the past.

4. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

I do not think Greg McElroy or David Garrad are much competition for Tim. Going to have to disagree with you on that one completely. Greg has what... two NFL starts to his name? Garrard, I am sure a respectable guy, doesn't show much promise either. Over both these guys, Tebow has still lead a team to the playoffs. Also Tebow does have what it takes to lead a team.

Maybe this is why Tebow hasn't been traded so fast? Plot twist indeed.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You guys are so delusional.

6. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

McElroy beat out Tebow last year, so he has to be some competition for him. And Tebow is going to get cut in favor of Gerrard and McElroy soon, so I think what you mean is that Tebow isn't any competition for either of them.

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The Jets will still want the cap relief from cutting Tebow, and I don't think Tebow would be a good fit for the West Coast offense.

They can pick up someone like Nassib in the draft and have a competition in camp between Garrard, the Rookie and McElroy. They can also see if any other vet QBs get cut later on.

If Idzik manages to fix the albatross that our cap by trading Sanchez it would be amazing.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

garrard lead the jags to the playoffs as well fyi. 11-5 record and everything.

look into the people you're comparing before formulating an opinion.

9. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

My long-deceased grandmother is even too much competition for Teblow @ qb!

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

This. And lost to the undefeated Pats that year. No shame in that.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Undefeated until it mattered you mean.

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Idzik can see into the future I KNEW IT

13. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Tebow absolutely needs to start. He'll either work his magic and drag this team to the playoffs, or prove the haters right and go 0-16... which should finally get us a franchise QB in Johnny Manziel!

Fun times either way! :breakdance:

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I don't care much about offensive production except to see some type of progression from Kerley, Hill, Powell, Cumberland, and Howard. So I guess let the kid have a chance if we can somehow work Sanchez off the roster

15. Concerned_Citizen

A lockstep Tebow fan who is president of the "play Timmy militia" COMPLETELY disagreeing with that? Ya don't say?

Garrard definately has the experience of running an offense, one that is more in line with what the Jets APPEAR to be interrested in Running. Sorry, Tebow is at a huge disadvantage there.

As for LEADING someone to the playoffs, he was carried more so than him taking them there. Besides, Garrard had the misfortune of playing for Jacksonville.

Tebow has the intangibles out there to make people on the field feel good about themselves, but they are worthless if he doesn't have the tangibles. All he can really do out there is run and occasisionally make a good throw. That amounts to one of the least productive offenses in more than 2 decades in Denver. So I think he'd make a better cheerleader than a QB if he won't switch to RB or something.

#15 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  16. Concerned_Citizen

Yeah, that was the logic used during Tebow's rookie year in 2010 when there were 3 games left and the Broncos were going nowhere.

I saw it as the Broncos taking a look at their first round pick in a meaningless final 3 games. Similar to when a team is rediculously far ahead or behind in a game, they put the second and third stringers in late in those games, and sometimes done at the end of seasons gone horribly wrong.

But people said at the time that it meant Tebow had beaten out Orton in 2010 and should have been his job to lose in 2011 when Orton didn't get traded. Fox left it to a competition, which was more or less over by the third day in camp. Gee, I wonder if it was because of anything he might have seen out there?

Funny how that worked one way back then, but when it didn't happen for him last year, the Teboners blamed it on a tatoo.

17. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Broncos planned to give Tim the proverbial "leg up" on the starting job in 2011 camp. Tim and his handlers had told Broncos brass that he had made strides with his own offseason program and they would be impressed with the progress. When Tim showed up to OTAs he looked confused running the offense and even called a few audibles that did not exist. He was so overwhelmed and lost that he frustrated Broncos decision makers. There is also a rumor that some of the team's veteran players voiced concerns about Tim and backed Orton for the job unconditionally. I know, I know all NFL personnel hate Tim and rape/kill/dogfight people so they can't be trusted. This actually happened and I bet a similar pattern repeated itself in NY. This would support that Tim was brought in simply to replace Brad Smith; once coaches saw Tim his role diminished from what was originally planned.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Again with "people said." What a load of crap. No one thought Tebow had "beaten out" Orton in 2010. Orton was hurt. The Broncos tried to trade Orton and it didn't work out. Tebow didn't perform in TC and the rest is history.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Orton was injured for one game. You obviously weren't in the Bronco boards, but people took it as a sign that Tebow actually won the job for the other couple games when the decision was made to finish out the season with Tebow. I kid you not, plenty thought he EARNED the starting job right there. There were plenty of Teboners towing that same line.

Nobody wanted any part of a QB competition in the next camp , and I think we saw why when Tebow kept stepping on his own dick, and that competition was ended in just a couple of days.

#19 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yes, I was on the Bronco boards. Same screen name. There was some dispute as to whether Orton was too injured to finish the season. He said he could play, the team and coaches didn't seem to think so.

At that point in the season it made perfect sense to play Tebow. He did fairly well for his first 3 starts as a rookie. But by no means had he earned it, and except for a handful of Tebow uberfans, no one thought he had.

Define "plenty". I'd say less than a dozen were saying he had "EARNED" the starters job. But whatever.

Orton was actively being shopped, he didn't like the offer and shut it down. At that point, being the consummate practice player, he won the job fair and square. Of course Tebow fans were disappointed, but most accepted it.

The craziness came in because of folks like neckbeard and phaytal who enjoy trolling and spent vast amounts of time saying either KO was a really really really good QB, or that Tebow was going to win no more games than Orton.

It wasn't until the 1-4 (or thereabouts) start that it was clear there was no reason NOT to start the ONLY QB under contract the next year. That's when the chants for Tebow became deafening. Those same chants would have happened no matter who was behind Orton.