NY DAILY NEWS: Guard Stephen Peterman Meeting with Jets Monday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Apr 7, 2013.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's not any good - nor would it be a signing worth reading into...

He won't be signed as a replacement for any starter and a signing of Peterson doesn't have an implications in the draft as he's not worth it. (ie. if they sign him, it doesn't mean they wont take a guard or 2 in the draft)

He very well could just be training camp fodder. If they sign him for the vet minimum then they have a veteran to compete for a roster spot, anything more is gravy. Not much to read into.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Actually...it was the right guard that git tossed at Sanchez, like a rag doll...l

3. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

WOW, this is SUPER HUGE news. Thanks for posting! I smell championship now for sure!!!

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Jets can still draft a high round OL prospect & have Peterman battle Vlad in training camp for backup duties. Loser gets cut. Cutting Vlad shaves, $220,000 off the cap. It's not big enough to make him a cap causality but it does show Jets don't have their hands tied financially when it comes to Vlad.

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Vladimir Ducasse&Position=G&Team=Jets

Don't think Vlad has shown the ability to backup Center or Tackle either. So he's got no versatility edge against Peterman when it comes to backup role.

#24 ajax, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  5. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Depth? Arent we lacking 2 starting OL linemen?

6. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I think he was joking. But I agree filling positions now and being in position to take the BPA in the draft is the best position to be in.

7. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I think Idzik wants Moore to get signed for a good deal elsewhere since that usually means a better comp pick for us in the future. I am liking Idzik's work so far, of course that is easy to say before the draft pans out so I we need at least a few years before we know anything about how successful he is.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You obviously didn't watch the clip carefully.

Moore more than held his own against Wilfork. Nacho just ran into Moore's ass.

[YOUTUBE]nQhnxNRCqMU[/YOUTUBE]

Check at 55 second mark.

Moore may not be tossing Wilfork around like a rag doll, but he is not getting tossed like a rag doll either. He's actually generating pretty good push along with other OLs.

Just Nacho had to run into Moore's ass.

9. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Via Tony Pauline

Stephen Peterman leaving Jets without a deal. Sources tell me the team made a contract offer, but the parties could not agree to terms.

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So either Peterman will be dirt cheap or Moore will take less money. Win-win. Or we overpay for Peterman. Lose.

Smart of him to try and get a chance to start on a competitor in 2013, can't blame him. The Jets are more concerned with $ than talent at OG (obviously).

#30 VanderbiltJets, Apr 8, 2013
  11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You might try looking a little closer.
    Moore is standing too upright, gets manhandled, and as the ball is out you get a great shot of the back of Moores Jersey as he falls onto Sanchez.

All the push on that play, came from guys NOTlaying guard.

Slauson is on the ground 3 yards deep.

None of that excuses Sanchez giving up the ball in that spot, because he lost it when he made contact with Moore, but not because he blindly ran into him..he didnt.

#31 Hobbes3259, Apr 8, 2013
  12. What's interesting is that this could mean the team is more likely to draft an OT than a guard. Colon can swing over to RT & the team likes Landholdt but it sure is iffy behind Brick & Howard

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

what you didnt like Jason Smith?

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

hilarious that some fans want to throw money at Moore who is essentially done as a starter and who was directly responsible for the butt fumble by being stood up and then blown up and pushed into the backfield (yet again).

15. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Moore would bring a 7th round pick, if anything.

16. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

It looks to me that 1) It is a broken play, with the running back probably missing the call, 2) Moore is holding his own until the point where Sanchez decides to slide, at whic h point Moore is pushed back into where Sanchez is going to slide. IMO, Sanchez has taken alot of unneccesary flak for this play.

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

Why does everyone act as tho mark Sanchez is the only player to ever run into or get hit by a teammate and lose the ball

Its notncommkn but Jesus you act like he did it on purpose at this point

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Sanchez admitted he forgot the play in the postgame press conference

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hyperbole my good man, hyperbole. ;-) My facetious wording aside, I was directing it more towards the post identifying Moore as the LG that's all.

on-topic, I hope this is only a depth move and that Idzik's still open to addressing OG in the draft

20. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The point of it all was we need someone to give veteran leadership to Warmack whether he starts at first or not(that's if we select him of course). Plus with Faneca leaving we left a big void which they tried to fill with Vladimir which was a reach beyond reaches. Vlad was one of the highest pick Umass player ever, whoever thought he was a plug and play player was dead wrong and shouldn't be scouting. Warmack is considered one of the best Guards in years compared to Steve Hutchinson which says alot. Past drafts we focused on defense now it's time to make that line a formidable one.