Twitter: Manish expects Jets to pursue Brandon Gibson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Mar 12, 2013.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Hopefully there bankrupt in a couple years, just like us.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

They will be LOL

Ireland is running that team into the ground haha

I love how all these Dolphin fans are going crazy loving this when we can all sit back and laugh. Teams are NOT built through Free Agency. We all learned that the hard way.

Ireland is trying to save his job while indirectly running the team into a ditch. What's going to be hilarious is when next season rolls around and Miami doesn't make the playoffs, or lose in the first round. Then what? LOL

3. FriendlyDolphin

Relax. Contracts can be re-done. They are young players so money can be moved around. It DOES so that this draft is vital so we can get a lot of players that are cheap labor. We barely have veteran deals too. Most are contracts are backloaded in case players don't live up to the contract, they get cut without much punishment. The good good thing is that the cap in 2015 was suppoussed to rise even more then usual. I agree you shouldn't expect any big FAs next year. Also the LBs we caught and brought in saved us money for next year and we can always roll the money from this FA to next year

#23 FriendlyDolphin, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i mean, it makes sense considering how shitty of a coach sparano actually is. the guys he developed arent working out so they pick up young guys with some upside off free-agency.

that being said, it doesnt make sense to seemingly juggle the weapons of your young qb for options you hope will be better or more reliable. we all saw what happened with mark when they got rid of braylon, things can go south very quickly when you mess with a good thing.

just sayin, new starting rb, new tight end, how many new receivers? for a second year qb? doesnt spell success.

5. FriendlyDolphin

So we should just sit and wait for him to develop with a crappy Receiving core? All we did was add WRs not lose them, and the rest were replaced not that he had much chemistry with slow as a turtle fasano and just handing balls to reggie. I mean if we are forced to spend money due to the new CBA we should at least aim to make it easier on our rookie QB.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup. Vastly overpaid free agents at that too.

I've lived in Miami for 20+ years. Born and raised in new York. This whole thing reminds me of the Marlins big time. Suck ass for years. Accumulate a lot of money. Spend it all on big name free agents. Then watch it blow up in your face.

I'll be sitting in the front row to watch this thing implode

7. BleedingGreen12

BleedingGreen12 New Member

Lol let's be honest what happened with the marlins is really not even comparable with this.

8. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia New Member

A lot of sour grapes in this thread.

9. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I'm pretty sure they kept Tanehill's main weapons in Hartline and Bess. Adding Wallace, Gibson and Keller to that receiving core will only help.

What we did in 2010 offseason was much different. We replaced 2 of Mark's main weapons in Edwards and Cotchery with 2 over the hill receivers. We didn't add anything. We took them away and replaced them with guys that were not as good.

10. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Oh you will contend fins.. but you will soon crash into financial hell just wait.. go ahead and get ready for Keller to leave next year to play for the Bills or Patriots saying one of them are a "win now' team and cream himself expressing how excited he is.

11. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Contracts can be restructured. It's only the guaranteed jack that matters.

We are still 17 mil under the cap amd before you say we build in FA, remember we have 9 draft picks including 5 in the first 3 rounds.

From 09-11 the Jets had 12 picks total ... THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JETS. They sacrificed the draft process at the expense of other players

12. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Much different trading away draft picks than managing your cap and using it in FA.