What can we expect from Stephen Hill?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Yea, blame the buttfumble and pathetic performance against Tennessee on Sporano... hahaha

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'd put a lot of the blame on Sparano for the Tennessee game. Sanchez looked like shit out there and he was still making him throw the damn ball. Shonn averaged 5.2 yards a.carry and Bilal 4.7 yards a carry that game, yet he still had Sanchez throwing the ball after he threw multiple picks. And its not like they were down by much that game. The defense kept it close the whole game and the run game was on point, yet he still had Sanchez air it out, to the other team.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Don't forget when Sanchez finally got hot they pulled him for a series.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I 100% blame that loss on Sporano. He called an awful game and kept having Sanchez throw it when our whole passing game was struggling horribly. We were running the ball well but still saw pick after pick. We lost by a score too its not like we were down a lot and forced to throw.

I blame that game on Sporano as I blame the first Buffalo game in 09 on Schotty. Sporano is the worst OC I've ever watched in my life. He was in way over his head and after Holmes got hurt everything fell apart.

5. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Sporano's fault?

[youtube]y_hYwcpxO0k[/youtube]

InB4 blame goes to Mangold even though a 5 year old could have caught that snap

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Thats 1 play. We shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. I find it hilarious that anyone can support Sporano after the horrible job he did in Miami and here.

7. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Who the hell said I support Sporano? Dont put words in my mouth

Im laughing at anyone who thinks its his fault Sanchez sucks.

Sanchez would suck with any coordinator. FACT

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I am so fucking sick and tired of people bringing up that freaking buttfumble, it happened get over it. One play during the regular season should not dictate why or why not a QB should start.

Sanchez sucked pretty much the entire year, WRs, offensive coaches everyone is to blame, Mark lost the job he has the opportunity to earn it back

GET OVER IT. It was funny for like 2 months

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Sanchez had an awful year. The worst of his career. He didn't all of a sudden become much worse. Things around him became worse. He had 32 TDs the year before with Schotty. I'm all for upgrading the QB position but you are blowing it way out of proportion. One bad fumble doesn't change anything.

10. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

Its still the worst of the worst on the ESPN not top plays so people are going to talk about it. Regardless Mark can only play better then last year and I think the team will be better then what most people think.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

i love everything Gruden says in this video, "its not a playoff offense" but it is a playoff defense and thats my point, we fix the offense just enough and we will be back in the playoffs next year, we aent that far away the way most Jet fans say we are

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Limited duty because he has the durability of piece of paper and hands of stone. Pretty comical you're basing anything you say off of one game against the worst defense in the league. Lets put him into Canton already! You should bring up week 2 were his so called physical skills allowed him to be absolutely manhandled by steelers DBs. He looked like it was the first time he has seen bump and run coverage in his whole life. Regardless of his physical skills, this guy has the worst hands of anyone in the NFL based off his drops per catch and there was even 5-6 balls that were drops and werent even counted as drops.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, I mean who cares what ESPN has to say, us as Jet fans shouldn't judge the entire season on one play.

Mark has to come in here and compete for the starting position, if he wins it and starts, I hope he redeems himself and plays his best season ever. I know it's wishful thinking, but man the redemption would be so sweet on his part. You have to hope something like that happens. I'm not supporting Sanchez, and I don't care who they choose as the starting QB, so as long as they make the right decision and money doesn't play a factor. I'm supporting whoever starts opening day. Most Jet fans here would rather tank the season.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Have you guys lost your minds?? YES ... Sparano is a terrible playcaller, but the fact is, if you're a starting QB in the NFL YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO THROW THE FUCKING FOOTBALL!!

If you can't do that, it's nobody's fault but your own. It's not the OC's responsibility to try to make you invisible all game. If you can't do your job, get off the goddamn field.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Qbs work with timing. When are are running one way and sanchez is throwing another then that is on the OC. Everytime Sanchez and Sparano were on the sidelines together it always looked like they were struggling to figure things out. So your over simplification of why sanchez struggled more than any other year is wrong.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Great post. I am literally surprised the Sanchez Fans have not gotten around to blaming the ball boy and the team bus driver for Sanchez's blunders and woeful play. They are the masters of scapegoating everyone else in defending Muck.

17. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I agree 100% this ^ is what I been trying to say this whole time well put together ! I hope he redeems himself and plays like a damn pro IF he even earns the job..... That is all up to him if he is tired of critics tired of NFL writers punch them in the mouth with his play. That's how you recover your mental feel for the game play with detirmination and intensity every snap but if he doesn't win in the offseason it's his career down the drain not mine I'm just a big fan of our Jets so whatever helps us so be it