Top 9 post combine

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gsulli5861, Feb 27, 2013.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

1- KC- Joeckel. I'm glad the Jet's don't have the #1 pick. Solid player nothing special

2-Jac- Jordan- Gus Bradley's looking for a hybrid player

3-Oak- Sharif Floyd

4-Phil- Warmack

5-Det- Milliner- solidified top 5 with forty time

6-Clev- Jarvis Jones.

7-Arz-Eric Fisher

8-Buff- Geno Smith

9-Jets- Patterson. Ansah definely in the mix but it will be an offensive draft. QB in the 2nd, OLB in the 3rd, RB in the 4th.

2. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

There's no way Geno Smith gets past #3 IMO. Carson Palmer counts for $15m in cap space and Terrelle Pryor isn't going to be an NFL starter. Hell, even the Jags will have to consider him at #2.

I think Jarvis Jones falls way down due to medical concerns and we have to address OLB in the first 2 rounds (if we don't in FA).

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I agree with a lot of this, but I don't expect the Eagles would pass on Milliner, with Nnamdi being garbage and DRC a free agent.

If this scenario happens to the Jets, I really hope they trade back. This is really the most unremarkable top 10 I can ever remember. Jarvis Jones is skyrocketing up the boards simply because he elected not to work out. Jordan's workouts will put him in the top 5 while his production suggests he's a mid first rounder.

-X-

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Looking at production for Any prospect, let alone one who did what Jordan did, is at best silly. For as much as he played in coverage his numbers are not eye popping, but you actually have to watch the games to understand his value.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Are you stoned. If your first 8 was a curate. The pick is Dion Jordan.

6. Hobbes3259

Ps. There will be no QB in the top 10.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Are you stoned? He has Jordan at 2.

:breakdance:

8. Hobbes3259

Exactly. You play against the PATS twice a year,....are you going to pass up on a stud OLB that started out as a TE and understands the passing game....?

Just sayin.

And FwiW they were moving him down and in to cover slot guys.

If he's there at 9 and not picked. We run Idzik out of town.

But I don't see it happening.

9. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

Are you stoned? The Raiders, Browns, Cardinals and Bills will all pick Geno Smith if he's there. Jags and Eagles consider it.

10. Hobbes3259

Well see. But it will be a reach.

And I don't think the browns will go Smith, to challenge wheeden, when a tackle is less a waste of a pick.

There will be 2 or 3 tackles in the top 10,

#10 Hobbes3259, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

In this situation I would go Moore... Assuming his pro day is decent, I think he has the most potential (especially compared to Ansah)

12. Hobbes3259

I'd be cool with Jordan or Patterson, but in that order assuming Jordan is picked already.

13. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

It is definitely not silly. Yes, there are incredible athletes like Watt and Matthews that buck the system or find a system that utilizes them optimally, but by and large, the top pass rushers had production at the college level. Moreover, we're talking about a top 5 guy. Jordan is up there more as a result of the rest of the field stumbling so spectacularly in Indy. That's not to say he won't be good, but it's certainly an indictment of the available talent. That was my point.

I like Jordan. If the Jets took him at 9 I'd be happy. But at 2, he's a reach.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your right, it's not silly, it's down right fucking stupid. Jordan is not a guy that simply lined up and rushed the passer every play. He covered TEs and slot receivers in man coverage, he dropped into zone coverage, and at times he rushed the passer. Comparing his stats to others who simply lined up and went after the QB in passing situations is dumb as hell.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think everyone has to realize Jordan isn't going to make out of the top 5. His combine #s and unique skillset to be a complete OLB makes his value incredible.

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'd take Geno at 9 real quick.

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to Moore's Pro-Day. Jets are lucky that he did poorly in combines because I never anticipated him there at #9. Many people said Coples is a quitter & complained about the decreased production in his last college year. Rex met him personally and worked him out. Jets wound up with a heck of a player afterwards.

Rex will do it again & properly evaluate Moore on Pro-Day. If Moore is picked, I'd think he's got Rex approval (just like Coples last year).

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

So many posts here talking him up as a prospect. Now he's a highly prized stud prospect out of Jet's reach. Just shows how fragile all these draft rankings are before the combines.

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If the draft order went this way, this draft would be remembered for a VERY long time. So many unusual factors here.

1) This would be the earliest ever drafting of an OG I believe.
    2) 2 OT, 1 OG & 1 CB before the first QB.
    3) Jarvis Jones early draft despite the public debate on his Spinal Stenosis.
    4) People will bring up the fall of Star due to heart complications.

Don't know if this draft will be great but there's gonna be people looking back on it many times to check out all the oddities.

20. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

This Geno Smith love makes me sick. The guy would be an INCREDIBLE reach in the top 10 let alone top 5.

Unfortunately as Jets fans, WW is right on the money and we have to accept the fact that Dion Jordan will not be making it out of the top 5. Plenty of other options available. I for one am higher on Mingo then most, and I think the Jets would be in a nice situation if him or Patterson were the guys that fell to the 9 slot.