Johnathan Franklin

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PuMa, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Been high on this guy since watching his game against Nebraska,the man really has a nice cut he can pass protect VERY well, can catch as good as a receiver and runs hard

his official 40 time was a 4.4

he is a great WCO RB i would be happy with Gio Bernard but this guy can do it all

here is some highlights from his nebraska game also his number is 23.... bye-bye shonn greene !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqu06Tj9dTw

this is against Rice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97VdfsjEd5Q

2. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I don't see any evidence of his pass protection claim, and nothing to really show his hands. However, he appears to fight for every yard.

If I had to nit pick, I don't like his hesitation at the line. In the NFL, the holes close a lot quicker, and would like to see him hit the line at full speed.

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I like him. I think he's the most complete back in this draft. His lean when running is great. I see above average balance and vision, and deceptive speed. He's not a spectacular pass catcher, but he's certainly better than Shonn Greene.

I don't think we're going to be able to snag him, as we have other needs and he's likely to be shooting up boards after a post season, but I think he's going to be a good NFL back.

4. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Really you see his stock rising? I mean he had a great combine but he is very over shadowed by players like Bernard,Lacy, Kniles. I could see him in the mid to late 3rd round or early fourth

5. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Well, Bernard is clearly better on tape, but Franklin has ideal size, great production, and he killed every workout, suggesting maturity and professionalism. It wouldn't surprise me if he works his way into that fold and goes before either Lacey or Bernard.

Injuries and ball security are a big deal for Kniles Davis. I'm not sure he ends up top 3. I would say those other two guys go before Franklin, but that's it.

6. PuMa

PuMa Banned

That is very true,he is a very determined player but if we do trade revis there is def. a chance we pick him up i can see it happening all comes down to if we get more picks then we have now and Idzik can call the right talent

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Franklin likes to put the "church's money on the ground" to quote Warren Sapp.

8. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

this dude had 8 catches last year. also do you know how much he benefits from having johnny football, jake mathews, and luke joeckel? kids talented but im not sure if im sold

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

He plays for UCLA...?

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think he/she is talking about Christine Michael or at least I hope.

11. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Maybe he just posted in the wrong thread by accident... but true you wanna see his pro day first and analyze can he catch, turn it up field and run through holes the film says yes as of right now

12. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I don't have enough posts to start a thread so can someone start a thread on Le'Veon Bell. I think he might be the most complete in this years draft.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

I like the guy... Top 5 RB for me. May be #3. Really like the intensity he runs with; never leaves a yard on the field. He is great between the tackles and reminds me of Frank Gore in that sense. He looks like he could add about 10 pound to his frame in order to handle the load of the NFL. He has good hands and very good vision.

Only part of his game that is holding him back from being a great prospect is his top end speed and his inability to make a lot of people miss.

... IMO, the Frank Gore comparison is pretty accurate.

14. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I like this comparison but If you watch his highlights he can make a good amount of tacklers miss idk if it's just bad wrap ups by other teams or its not a common ablilty but watching his game against nebraska and rice he was making them miss left and right one play on Nebraska he rips off a 45 or 50 yard run and makes 5 people miss.