All Combine Info 2013

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ajax, Feb 13, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

I was really intrigued by Washington after the senior bowl... He is an athletic freak and looks to have massive upside. In the 4th round I would love to have him.

Also another guy is Corey Lemonier who is a good fit in a 3-4. A solid option in the 2nd or 3rd if we dont go OLB in round 1.

2. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Arkansas RB Knile Davis? He weighed in at 227 lbs and still ran a 4.37 40.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

NFL Network's coverage has been piss-poor. Listening to Michael Irvin shouting over the position coach explaining a WR drill was almost as brutal as listening to Billick answer his phone on the air. Then, when RB drills are happening, they decide to cutaway to a fluffy panel interview of Geno Smith before showing Goodwin's 40 for the 18th time.

Show me the kid, tell me who he is, and feel free to let Mayock or whoever else say whatever they want, just don't chop the broadcast up into a thousand pieces! I just want to watch these kids work out! Is that so hard to do?

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I see Darren McFadden. A physical freak who can't stay on the field.

5. joegee

joegee Member

We are already slow enough at linebacker

6. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

As I said months ago, Teo was a product of a system, and is not athletic enough to be worthy of a first round pick.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Brittle.big medical wrist especially as the action gets faster and the players bigger

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Just like the draft they've waaaay too much production, instead of just letting the event happen, with minimal commeentary

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Dion Jordan is the guy I want. kid is a freak.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Some things I think are worth noting-

Dion Jordan couldnt lift for his upper body all season because of his shoulder injury. Thats a pretty big hindrance, especially for putting on weight and muscle. Once he gets that fixed and into a NFL weight room, physically, he could develop even more and 260 lbs should definitely be achievable.

Damantre Moore tweaked his hammy on the first 40, and pulled it in the 2nd. He said he was consistently running mid 4.7's which is pretty solid. His game isnt based solely on athletic ability, but more so being a technician and pursuit. Personally, I wouldnt put that much into his workout. He's still a very good prospect, even though not elite. He also said that 12 reps is by far the lowest he's gotten when training.

11. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Here are my Day 3 observations on the combine if you're interested. A three pager again, so don't want to spam the board in full-text. Would love to hear what you guys think.

http://cornerblitz.com/2013/Combine/DLLB.aspx

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Do Pro Days get televised or streamed? Or do reporters attend them? Not bullshit National Enquirer reporters like Cimini & Manesh, I mean real football reporters or NFL fans that put out competent blogs/articles.

There's quite a few players here that I really am curious about. Even after these combines are over.

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Was thinking about Moore's performance in the combine & wondering if pain/discomfort from that pulled hammy affected him on the bench press? I would love to get some reports on Moore performs on his pro day.

There's just no way I can believe little WR guys like Austin & Marquis Goodwin can bench more than Moore.

=========
    You bring up a good point on Jordan's inability to gain significant muscle mass while dealing with the injury. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think Jets will lose their chance to grab him.

Guy is just too popular now. I'm pretty sure most of the new mock drafts after this combine will put Dion Jordan before pick #9.

#173 ajax, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  14. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Last year the NFL Network televised a few of the bigger ones with multiple prospects. They were actually disappointing coverage.

15. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

And AGAIN! they're doing it again today. showing people walking around and flashbacks instead of drills. Why? WHY?!

*edit* now why are we watching fisher drink coffee?!

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

he may not make it past the giants.

17. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

Honey Badger's footwork is very good out there. He also has some pretty soft hands and can go up and high point the ball.

On the flip side, it looks like Dee Milliner has some stone hands. Dropped 4 passes that I saw.

Also because I love UConn football players. Dwayne Gratz looks pretty good out there. He had 22 reps on bench and a 4.35 forty (unofficial). Could be a solid pickup later in the draft.

18. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Mathieu has been terrific all day.

I don't care that Milliner isn't catching the ball... neither is the guy he's covering.

Gratz really showed up at the senior bowl and he's reinforcing his standing here.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I really can't wait to see Wreh-Wilson.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Shamarko Thomas - S - Syr helped his cause this week. 27 reps and a 4.38 first run. 6-7th round prospect.