Super Bowl in NY could be moved to another day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Feb 12, 2013.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

BB - I know you are smarter than this.

Comparing the street corners of Detroit to Broadway, Central Park, and The Village is bordering lunacy, don't you think?

I know a lot of people think everything in NYC but the game, and it is the encompassing market, but Jersey is no slouch either.

While a majority of the country thinks "NJ Drive" or "The Sopranos" when NJ is brought up, a majority of people, NJ residents included, have never been in Ironbound Newark, Bloomfield Ave through Montclair & Caldwell, or even the waterfront in Jersey City, Weehawkin, or Hoboken.

I'm not comparing NJ's entertainment markets and venues to NYCs but this tri-state area has a lot more to offer than hanging on the street corner of Detroit and a lot of other major warm weather cities.

Tampa is the first city that comes to mind but you can only spend so much time in a faux New Orleans (That's Ybor City to those whom have never been there) and go to a dog track.

2. Sect120

Sect120 Member

:beer:

As someone who did train and came back to NY just for the race, I couldn't agree more.

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

This would be a tremendous source of revenue right there. How may people would buy the blanket, just to say they bought a blank from the super bowl?

4. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

THIS POST should have ended this thread!

'Nuff said!

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well the bloated billionaires are going to be annoyed they have to wait in the cold/weather for two hours to get through security, among other things. And I can't wait to see how bad traffic is lol.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup, and in NYc or north Jersey,nthat ain't possible?

SMMFD.

Football ismamwinter sport. And of all the cold weather places, NYC, is the one that can support the event. But the NFL would run to Lambeau first.

7. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If you got the money nyc is great place be no matter what time of the year it is. I am sure these rich guys will have a great time

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This thread is going to be priceless a year from now,,,,," can't wait "

9. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Houston is meh but Phoenix is top-shelf? Not sure if serious.