Woody told GM candidate Tebow was forced on him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Do you believe Woody's explanation about the Tebow Trade

Poll closed Feb 20, 2013.
  1. Yes - I believe Woody Johnson.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. No - I don't buy it for a second.

82 vote(s)
    76.6%
  1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I think FBI needs to investigate if there was any crime had been committed by this player, such as blackmailing the owner to sign him. I am not joking. Take a look at the debut press conference, this player was standing there all by himself. No coach, manager or owner showed up.
    [​IMG]

Have you ever seen anything like this before? I mean, a normal debut press conference should look like this:
    [​IMG]

The whole thing is fishy from the very beginning.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Is that going to hurt his chances at future interviews? Who wants to risk a private conversation going public?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He wasn't getting interviews before this as far as I can tell. I think he's an extremely over-qualified blogger at this point. He probably can make a pretty good living that way.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

wow, judging from that pick, Tanny got fat as hell this season.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

True and there's no evidence that he told the truth either. That's why the notion is pure speculation regardless of which side you support. I choose to stay neutral and not speculate one way or another.

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I thought the idea that Tebow was "forced" was bullshit to begin with. Sundquist was on the radio here in Denver yesterday afternoon talking about this and said he was misquoted.

I have no reason to not believe him. It just doesn't make sense for him to come out and say something like that, especially since he had nothing invested in Tebow one way or the other when it came to Tebow. He wasn't with the Broncos at the time the pick was made.

The press is more competitive than ever when it comes to getting the scoop on Tim Tebow. I'm thinking the journalist jumped the gun on a non story. More Tebow drama is exactly what they press wants.

7. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I guess he realized that he should have kept his mouth shut if he wants to get an interview for another job. Misquoted my ass.

8. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Woody Johnson says the Tebow trade was NOT forced on him. #nyj

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

Of course several posters here said Woody would not respond to that. Guess he did.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good. So it turns out the GM candidate lied about the quote, I suppose. I mean it makes sense that Rex Tanny Sparano and Woody all made the decision together.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm sorry. I missed where it was proven that the GM candidate lied. All I've seen so far was a denial from Woody. Must have missed it.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I never said it was proven. People in the thread were saying that the Jets didn't come forward to deny it, so it indicated the story was true. Now that he has denied it, it puts the entire story into question (not that it was solid in the first place). I did use the words "I suppose", I wasn't indicating proof.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So now Woody has been exposed as the biggest two faced liar going. What a loser owner. Hopefully we win in spite of this spoiled rich dude and his millions. He's so clueless about football it's frightening.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:rofl:

The amount of nonsense some people will believe holds no bounds. This is why assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups. No need to weigh the evidence, just take a beat writer at his word, straight up.

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

:breakdance:

Just like we're supposed to believe that nonsense that the GM candidate was lying. Disproving assumptions and weighing evidence works both ways.

16. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Tanny was fired for hiring Sparano. Period. Tony killed this guys job in NY.
    Rex is lucky Woody saved his butt for one more year. Sparano is a major fail, just like his Wildcat gimmick offense. Rex has one more year or he walks the plank too.

#296 NY Dork, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013