Sanchez reached out to Jeff Garcia, will call Steve Young

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Jan 24, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That is decent and average right? I mean not sure how more average you can get. The scary part is that's an improvement from his 4th year but it should not be enough of improvement to think he's the franchise QB still

And yes every QB misses throws, the problem is Sanchez consistently misses throws and his throws end up in the hands of the secondary.

2. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

And these guys are not even that good, he makes avg D's look like the steel curtain.

3. lbblitz

lbblitz New Member

Flacco's really not known for being as surgically accurate as QBs like Aaron Rodgers and some of the other elite QB's (well compared to Sanchez he is lol). Two other qualities that I think you forgot to mention that really separates he and Sanchez are: his size in combination with his arm strength. That dude has an absolute cannon. Also, the deep threat ability of player's like Torrey Smith allows him to take advantage of this skill set.

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Any chance we can get Garcia out of retirement instead?

On a serious note, I think Sanchez' confidence is shot. WHat makes it worse is the one quality we need, is leadership qualities and you can't teach.

Bless his heart for trying. He will not go down as a QB who never tried to better himself, but I just don't see it translating to Sunday's come fall.

5. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

someone quoted Phil Simms before about Sanchez having a cannon lmao.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

When your offense is ranked 30th in the league (299 yards per game) you can't blame it all on the talent surrounding the QB or on the OC. Some of that falls on the QB.

What percentage? Hard to say, but it sure looked to me like Sanchez contributed to the 30 ranking quite a bit.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

absolutely, he was horrible but to be fair he had very little help around him.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's what's impressive about Flacco. He has added to his game to get himself more precise on throws and into tighter windows without turning the ball over. That's where Sanchez regressed. He couldn't fit the ball into tight windows this year and he did it and ended up with INTs. The one that still sticks out is the TEN INT. Off the back of your foot into 3 or 4 defender. What was he thinking? I understand he was getting pressure, throw it out of bounds or take the sack, it was 4 down territory.

9. lbblitz

lbblitz New Member

LOL No he doesn't. With that said, he doesn't have a noodle arm like Pennington, but at the same time, in terms of arm strength he isn't in the same class as Flacco, Cutler, Stafford, or even Freeman et al.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And exactly what has this 1st-round, $50 Million Dollar pick done to improve those guys around him? See, this is the point.

We're not talking about some 2nd-string, 7th-round backup who gets thrown in the game because the starter goes down. A guy who has very little reps with the number 1's and hasn't had time to develope.

We're talking about The Guy in whom we invested so much and from whom we expected immense improvement. That's what makes Sanchez such a huge disappopintment. A 1st-Round $50 Million Dollar QB ought to be doing more than helping the rest of the offense stink up the field. THAT's what makes him a turd, no matter how hard you try to turn him into a chocolate eclair.

11. nyjunc

He didn't make those guys better, there are only 2 or 3 of those types of QBs in the league.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This offseason has been personally ironic. For years I've been telling folks that Sanchez was a better fit for a WCO and when Sanchez came out I compared him to a bigger slightly less athletic Jeff Garcia. Now I'm finally getting my wish; but is it too late? Has Sanchez been completely David Carr'ed?

If by some miracle Sanchez were to have success in the WCO, it begs the question, should all the hate harbored towards Sanchez for his poor play be transferred over to the organization? If some message board schmucks can see this, why can't the people who are getting paid millions to do this as a living see it too?

13. lbblitz

lbblitz New Member

You do realize that in the divisional round, the Broncos scored 35 points; and if it weren't for Flacco's game tying bomb (among a few other "highlight reel" throws), they wouldn't have gotten to the AFC championship game.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Garcia should have probably been offered the QB coach job.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

As Steve Young said, "He accelerates the down. As a QB trying to prove he can be the guy in the future, you cant accelerate the down. You have to show something." or something along those lines. Its very true. Despite the players around him and the coaching, as someone who thinks he's the future of the team you have to fight that downward force, and not add to it.

16. nyjunc

yep but he still missed a million throws that day and the bomb was more of a prayer than a great play. I'm not taking anything away from him, he made plays to win but he wasn't flawless that day.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You're living proof.

18. lbblitz

lbblitz New Member

I wasn't trying to make Flacco look like Montana, I just wanted to point out to you that when the Ravens D and special teams faltered, their offense was there to pick up the slack.

19. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Not sure why this is anything but a good thing for us. Sanchez learns the WC from Garcia and does well next season = good for us. Sanchez doesn't play well we're back where we are now. The key thing is that he knows he needs to work on things and is making the effort to me.

As someone else stated, the other key is this should NOT change the fact that there should be an open competition and Sanchez should have to win his job back.

Also, on the Flacco talk. One thing that stood out this past game and stands out constantly when you watch the Ravens (I live in MD so see them a lot) is that his receivers unlike ours make plays. Bolden snags the ball out of the air constantly taking away what would be interceptions or incompletions otherwise. So do the other receivers, they come back for balls, they fight for balls, and as I said they just make plays. Flacco is a good QB though there are also many times where he just throws the ball up and his receivers make the play that makes the difference between a good pass and a bad one.

I'm not knocking him by any stretch but just saying there's more to it than just one guy. Also, if you watched the game last week, for the most part it wasn't until the receivers started getting separation that he got hot.

Just my two cents on that (even if it was more like 5 cents)

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Marvid Carrchez???