Once again, Patriots fans are losing it

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129704/article/torrey-smith-pats-fans-taunted-me-over-dead-brother

Stay classy Pats fans.

Sunday's AFC Championship Game loss to the Baltimore Ravens has brought out the worst in a handful of New England Patriots fans.

Torrey Smith claims he was the subject of angry tweets from Patriots supporters taunting the Ravens wideout for the death of his younger brother. Tevin Jones passed away after a motorcycle accident in September, an event that united Baltimore's locker room.

"Played a lot of games since my brothers death and I never received as many rude tweets after a win than Sunday...yet NE fans cry about class," Smith tweeted Tuesday.

Patriots fans were up in arms over comments by Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, who shredded New England after the game.

"These are the most arrogant (expletive) in the world," Suggs said.

Twitter can be a comfortable home to classless, vapid behavior. It's better to expect the worst, but anyone going after Smith for the death of a family member has outdone Suggs by a country mile.

The fierce rivalry between these two teams is one of the best in the NFL. Some of the antics surrounding the game itself we could do without.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You might have a grasp on how NFL fans view Belichick (I've already given reasons why fans would hate him regardless of his character), but you have no idea how people within the NFL do. I keep on responding because you keep on acting like you are certain that you do.

3. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Besides, He is a piece of shit he loves running up the score on any team. He always refuses to take out the starters when they are blowing up teams in the 4th quarter. he can go F*ck himself.

4. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Dude you are in the wrong forum arguing with everyone. You clearly are trying to get a point across that makes no sense. Belichick is a jerk and sore loser in the NFL. Everyone other than the majority of your fan base knows it. Just accept it.

Listen, I am a die hard Yankees fan. But whats the need for me to register on to a Red sox forum? To make me feel superior? I'm not going to win any pointless argument over there going back and forth with everyone. Wrong place. I will look like a tool just like you.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Of course I have an idea.

I said I'm pretty certain at least some coaches dislike him, just like I'm pretty certain at least some coaches dislike <insert a very unpopular person here>.

It's pretty obvious if you could see past your bias.

You don't think any of the coaches of the teams that he relentlessly ran up the score against resent him for it? How about his blatant cheating over the years? Or all the times he ran off the field, refusing to congratulate the other coach?

This is really quite simple.

Why do you think he got "ratted out" for Spygate? Because people like him?

If there were an anonymous poll conducted among the coaches about who they disliked the most, who do you think would win?

6. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

1. Rex Ryan
    2. Bill Belichick

It's the sad truth.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Yeah, right, like the Jet fans who want Sanchez out and think we can get someone appreciably better.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don't think this is the least bit true.
    Rex is well respected, and keeps a good relationship with HC's in this league.
    He is always complimentary of them, with one f up exception regarding Norv Turner (which he quickly back tracked on).
    Hell him and Belichick even have a lot of mutual respect. Why else would Belichick tell him after the playoff game that he hopes he goes all the way?

Watch clips from NFL network sound bytes. He mixes it up with every HC before the game, and always gets a good smile out of them.

He is disliked by a ton of fan bases (including this one at times) but not around the league with players or coaches.

Also, Belichick may be viewed as arrogant, but he is also extremely well respected in coaching circles for his knowledge of the game. He's probably the most emulated coach in the league.

#128 BacktoQueens, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

The most epic GIF ever!

[​IMG]

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That is too funny!

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

that is some damn funny shit!!!!:lol::lol:

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Really? Going to Pats boards to find stuff that stupid people say when they lose is silly.

Maybe it makes some of you guys feel better about all the stupid shit some folks on this board say.

The first undeniable fact of any board like this is that there are gonna be numb shits posting stupid stuff.

Stupid is universal.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Difference is the stuff the people say on Pats boards are beyond hilariously bad. It is comically over-the-top stupid.

14. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Some interesting threads this week. :lol:

Belichick is a football coach. Would I want him babysitting my kids? Hell no. But it's not like the guy comes over my house once a week for Prince Spaghetti Night. He's a damn good coach and that's all I really care about. I'm not looking to him for inspiration to be a better person. Christ, does anyone really freaking do that? 'Cause if so, it's really pathetic. Our heroes and role models should be the people who do the selfless things in life... every... day. Teachers, soldiers, firefighters. Not guys who get paid millions to play and/or coach a GAME. That's all it is at the end of the day.

I also have no idea why a lot of sports fans labor under the delusion that their favorite professional athletes and coaches are nice, swell guys. Most of them are more than likely egotistical shitbags in "real life."

It's sports. Part of our culture, sure, but some people take this shit way, way too seriously.

Also, people love quotes like this, until they're applied in certain situations:

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

15. coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc Banned

Pats fans remind me of that spoiled rich kid I use to know who thought he had the answer for everything until he got his ass kicked. That made him appreciate the little things in life.

Seriously Boston, Phili and new york are the worst fans in that order :sad:

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

See I always thought we were third out of those 3. I think we might even be lower because most of trash talking is within city limits (Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants/ Knicks/Nets, Rangers/Islander/Devils)

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Hahaha! That LOTR pic had me DYING! I love when the Patriots losing brings out the creative side in folks.

18. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

It's true, every board goes crazy when a team is done for the season (and most have guys saying stupid shit all of the time).

I just thought those particular comments by Pats fans were funny.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Suggs has never been able to lose with any class, so it's no surprise he can't win with any.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Neither have Pats fans.