Jets Hire Marty Mornhinweg for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, Jan 18, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

You realize Sanchez fundamentally is a different player than he was coming out of college and from 2010, right? He has regressed in all aspects. What dont you get? Maybe we should pick up Vince Young, he was a high draft pick. Im sure he'll just pick up from the talent he had when coming out of college.

2. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Fuck Vick!! If he's in a Jets uniform next season I will be rooting for every defense he faces to rip his head off and shit down his neck.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That's not graphic at all.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It really didn't matter what OC we brought in. Fans would be upset b/c the new offense don't fit our current players (Sanchez). Hello. There ARE NO OFFENSES designed around a QB who can't run and can't throw, with the exception of Student Body Left.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Sanchez only completed 60% of his passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage this year. Compare that to matt moore in 2011 (79%) or Tebow in 2011 (75%)

Sanchez couldn't even hit the gimmies this year. I am willing to concede some of that is due to the players around him, but anecdotally I see him miss short throws or misplace them all the time.

So he is going to go from being one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league to the all time leader in completion percentage?

That is a bit optimistic. If they can just get Sanchez to improve his completion percentage a bit, and stop turning the ball over so often, he would be fine.

i have been advocating taking the ball out of Mark's hands permanently since the preseason.

If morningwood can turn Sanchez into just an average QB that would be huge for us. We dont need Pennington out of him, I would be happy with just dilfer at this point.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

More likely we will give Sanchez a shot and bring in a QB coach that can either make him a winner or declare him a bust a bust.
    2013 will focus on getting rid of dead wood ( and God knows we have plenty of it) and try to survive. If Rex does not get the best out of his team he will be gone along with Sanchez.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

A Sanchez homer who thinks one of the worst QBs in football the last 4 years is salvageable. Speak for yourself buddy.....

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I swear if Geno Smith some how falls to 9 we gotta pick him

9. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Yes, who wants the guy who has had top 10 offenses in his career. I hate 90% of people who post on this forum, SOJF

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the OC hire, in fact I think it's a plus move overall, but if there is some hidden agenda behind it that has to do with bringing in Vick as QB next year I'm gonna be fuckin heated.

Vick as starting QB = let's flush 2013 down the toilet...

11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Cant be any worse then Nacho. 2013 is already going to be a bad year. No need to get your hopes up and expect anything more then a 6-10.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Just because he'd be better than Nacho doesn't mean anything - as you said, anyone would be better at this point, but why not bring in someone who at least has a chance to excel rather than someone who has already proven to be a mess and is at the end of his career?

13. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Good riddance..... Go cheer for someone else. I'm buying 2 pit bulls with diamond collars and walking them down mainstreet in my new Vick jersey!

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Bring in McNabb

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We'll find out how good he is when he sees he's not going to be able to run they type of offense he's used to running with our personnel.
    To me a great coach is able to adapt to his players strengths, tailoring a scheme for who he has rather then trying to make them play a style they just aren't made for.

16. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I just love how guys give rex a pass for the performance of the offense. As if he is just the DC.

17. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I like it. He's been the play caller in Philly the past several years and his offenses have generally been very good. We just need players.

I think we've made 2 very good hires today. It's a good start to getting this thing back on track.

18. xBleedingGreen62x

I Like this hire, the only thing that scares me is that both his stops as OC (97-01 SF/06-12 PHI) He had 2 veteran established QBs in Young/McNabb already on the roster and also a former 1st round star in Vick after McNabb was clearly done. He wont have the same situation here, thats for sure.

He did make Jeff Garcia a good player tho so who knows. One thing I do know is I welcome the change. I like both hires today and thats already different from the norm being a JETS fan n all lol

#158 xBleedingGreen62x, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  19. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Looks like we are going to get Marty Ball. He is our new guy, I hope he can get this thing going on the right direction!

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We obviously need a QB but I think everybody involved knows that.