Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If that is so, then you shouldn't have led your post with "have we interviewed a black guy yet?". Seems your preoccupation with the Rooney rule bubbled to the surface.

2. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

That was mostly the booze and the shock at having watched good football being played. Anyway I get the intent of the rule but seriously doubt it's efficacy in practice.

Whatever, hopefully we hire the right candidate soon and the rebuilding can begin. Again. :beer:

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

How Many Different Directions Are They Going

After interviewing a bevy of GM candidates this weekend they just added one more Russ Ball from the Packers. We just fired a cap guru in Tannenbaum and now looking at others. Omar Khan was another cap guru we need a personnel guy who can bring in some talent.

As for the OC they added Pep Hamilton to the list a OC from Stanford and formervJets coach under Herm. I wouldn't mind Cam Cameron but the pickings are getting slim. I hope this week will have some answers

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20052/sunday-notes-a-mass-rex-odus

very interesting parts, I guess Rex isn't picking the GM

#444 Jeti, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. AlToon

AlToon Member

No bean counters, please: If you're keeping score at home, the interview count to find a new GM has reached double digits -- 10. That includes two new names, Montreal Alouettes GM Jim Popp and Packers VP of football administration/player finance Russ Ball, both of whom reportedly interviewed. Ball is one of three known candidates from the cap/contract side of the football operation, as opposed to scouting and personnel.

Don't go there, Woody Johnson. The Jets need a football man in the GM chair, not a numbers guru. They need someone with a sharp eye for talent and team building, a person who can restock a roster that has deteriorated over the last two seasons. If they hire someone from the business side, "it would be like voting Republican after Nixon," said one league source, alluding to the perception that former GM Mike Tannenbaum was of the same ilk.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20052/sunday-notes-a-mass-rex-odus

6. Realistic Jets Fan

Thank God Jed Hughes is handling the search and not our resident hack "journalist" Schmuck Cimini

7. AlToon

AlToon Member

You should change your name to Jets Apologist.

That guy was running down Tom Gamble last week and giving Jim Harbaugh all of the credit.

Who helped pick the players asshole? Gamble. Look at the talent on the 49ers. Someone picked the players. The Jets are interviewing salary cap guys as GM. What? Harbaugh walked into a situation with a talented team ready to win. He brought a good staff with him. Greg Roman. John Morton. The QB coach has done an excellent job with their young QB.

Take your head out of your ass and wake up. Look at the state of this franchise. They are a punch line on ESPN. Mention the word "Jets" and everyone laughs. Rex hired Tony S as offensive coordinator. He didn't know how to design an offense. Kurt Warner analyzed some game film of the Jets offense on the NFL Network. He was trying to be nice and not laugh. They had WR's bunched up in the same spot on the field. Guys were not running correct routes. You have no issue with that? Rex hired Tony. The coaches are running for other jobs. All of the NFL sources says the Jets are in a tough spot. Rex. Cap situation. No GM. Woody is interviewing cap guys. The Jets need to hire a talent evaluator and Woody is hiring the next Mr.T.

8. Realistic Jets Fan

I believe this is the third or fourth thread to quote this rubbish from Dickwad Cimini as proof that the sky is falling

9. Realistic Jets Fan

You have no clue as to who the Jets are interested in hiring as GM.

All you have is "sources" such ss Cimini and your experts i n TV and sports talk radio who like you also have the same no clue as to who the Jets are interested in hiring as GM

Keep jumping to conclusions based on no information and posting name calling and personal attacks when you are called out for your overreacting and speculation.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They really need to hire somebody now so they can get their scouts in place and get ready for the draft..I really doubt any new GM will want to depend on the advice from those who gave us Sanchez, Gholston, Wilson et al.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That actually wasn't a bad article by Cimini.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

hmmmmm..........

14. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Just heard on ESPN (Sunday NFL Countdown) that Jerry D'Angelo is a name to watch in the GM search and that the Jets are bringing in at least 2 candidates for second interviews and hope to make a decision this week. Here's the link to Adam Schefter's twitter with the info - https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

#454 MDBigDog, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Jerry Angelo, NO D

this is bad if he's our guy, he's shit pure shit

16. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

If they have a candidate they love, they should pull the trigger now. But if not, I'd rather they do their due diligence and find the right GM, even if it has some negative effects on this off-season, than they pull the trigger now and wind up with the wrong GM.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

God no, what a shit hire that would be!

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah I heard this too and thought it didn't make sense as the Bears downfall has been their O-line and repeated failure to address it. I don't think his expertise would fit what Rex Ryan wants lol

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jeti I don,t know if someone else posted this before u but I saw it on your post

7. Three of a kind: Johnson, Hughes and team president Neil Glat are conducting the GM interviews. Ryan hasn't been present, I'm told, although he's expected to participate once it gets close to the end game. From what I hear, Johnson has appeared humble in the interviews, basically asking each candidate, "How can you help us?" At least he recognizes there's a problem; it's the first step to recovery.

I asked the question the other day as I was curious as to who was conducting the interiews--thanks again