17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes you have that 100% correct. RR=WJs shrill. You noticed he never said where he will get the players from to accomplish his promise? :sad:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The pilot is on the radio telling the tower, "Some guy is pounding on the cabin door yelling, '44 years and counting and no VLT.' I'm landing this bitch immediately! Call Security."

3. championjets69

U to are really mixing up jetliner & cruise liner so U should have said bang on the door at the entrance to the bridge of the cruise liner not the door to the cockpit of the jet liner. Also I am departing from a port in Texas so I doubt very, very highly that there will be NYJ fans on board so it would have zero effect on the future of Woody & the NYJs. Again I think you should direct your anger on Woody & Co since they are ones who heaped there garbage on us NYJ fans :sad:

#16423 championjets69, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone who does not plan on walking away from their psl should send these characters a letter to see what kind of response they get.

woody johnson is furthering my thoughts that he is a complete fucking moron and buffoon. jonnyd called rex and he that the other day and it fits perfectly. fucking buffoons.

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

After every flaming post Champ checks his safe to see if he still has the pics of the mods naked.

6. championjets69

Fans who are in there 50s will be on social security (if it is still around) by the time the NYJs are a super elite team & a true SB contender JMHO :sad:

#16426 championjets69, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. championjets69

Hey tough guy (maybe) I am just like U a NYJ fan so why are you bashing me instead of bashing Woody & Co who are the ones who dumped this garbage on us? :sad:

8. championjets69

Well it looks like my run as a STHer is coming to a end as one of my renters opted out of renting his tix for the 2013 season :sad:

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Champ I would think that there are a multitude of " renters " that can't wait to have tickets to jet games ,,,,,,,especially after this past weeks doings. :lol:

10. championjets69

Sure @ $5.00 per seat per game + I have to pay for the parking & the xhibition games :sad:

11. Section 227. Row 5

Well, yeah.

"Renters" are just as tuned into this price decline as we are. Just as STHers are pissed that they have to pay full list plus Preseasons, so would "renters" be.

The "renter" is saying to himself, "WTF am I doing paying Champ full face when I can cherry-pick online and go to the games I want (at less than face) and I don't have to pay him for Preseasons anymore. Let him continue paying full boat if he wants to, but I'm not. I didn't mind paying face when tickets were hot, but I can get into any seat I want to and for any game now, so the hell with this. I'm gone."

This is a real problem across the board. While most STHers don't buy and handle their tickets as Champ does, obvioussy strictly for resale and for no other reason, sti8ll, most STHers still need to sell once in a while, making them a reseller to "renters," as Champ likes to put it.

But this is affecting us all. If you're not getting beat up just buying them and using them yourself, you're certainly getting beat up if you can't make some games and are tryig to unload at break even. Freaking impossible now.

The slide is going to be brutal. Absolutely devastating to the ticket office. We're looking at a landslide of titanic proportions.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Thinking about this (always a dangerous thing), Champ's situation is probably more common than we all think.

I am sitting here wondering how many PSL guys, back when the Jets were hot and so-called "playoff material", bought the PSLs thinking, "Man, I've got dibs on exclusive seats now, and I can sell these babies for a nice profit. I'll pay face and everybody'll pay me more."

Now that the bottom has dropped out (blown up is more like it), adn especially on more expensive seats, these guys who bought the PSLs just for the resale have got to be pulling their freaking hair out. I mean, it's one thing if you buy the tix in the UD and go to games and ocassionally have to unload and quite another to buy them with the intent of turning a profit and then you are losing huge amounts of cash now.

So how many of these guys are going to walk away from the PSLs? We're looking at the tip of the iceberg.

13. championjets69

Actually I alerted the renters now is time for them to jump onto the NYJs bandwagon & obtain tix in there own name if they so desired. One renter informed me he is giving the NYJs a rest at least for the 2013 season after receiving my advices. I would keep them if I felt I could rent them at face but I appraised that possibility as viturally zero or lower so unless some kind of miracle occurs I will walk away from the tix after 47 years of ownership

14. Section 227. Row 5

This is simply unbelievable, that it's come to this. A guy who had seasons for 47 years.

Truth be known, with your seniority and already in the UD, you should have had Row Ones on the 50 from the git-go... no questions asked. Then they'd always be worth at least face to somebody. But no, they had to jerk you around like they did the rest of us. Not as bad, mind you, but you were still jerked around. Corner Row Ones are pretty far away from the action.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Woody thought he built a palace because he all he thought about is impressing the 1%. He never bothered to consider the rest of us when building and got cocky when doing the ticket conversion from the old place to the new place. Now its our time BITCH and you are going to pay. I am ready to take it all the way to September if I don't get what I want. I am asking for the world. Row 4 for $105 per ticket or my current seats with free pre-seasons and parking or maybe both and I am not taking no for an answer. I might hang up and wait months to call back. I don't care anymore. What's the worse that can happen. Stub-Hub and avoid the night games. I could always come back in 2014 or 2105. Its not like I am getting Super Bowl tickets. His 1% bitches have dibbs on that. BTW, once the Super Bowl is over, then there is no reason to hold onto the real expensive seats. Take up the ass Woody... doo dahh... doo.. dahh

16. Section 227. Row 5

The only Uppers he's going to be able to sell as a Season Package (with Preseasons) is MAYBE going to be the first 8 rows, period. The place will be a vast wasteland from Row 9 on up. No one will pay for the Preseasons anymore from Row 9 and up b/c the tickets will all be $50 or less and you won't have to buy the Preseasons... not on StubHub and not even from the NYJs. Everybody knows it and that's the end of that.

Downstairs will be bedlam, b/c you have the PSLs to contend with. These guys are in the classic Chinese Finger Torture Trap... they can't get out without difficulty or repercussions. They can't sell the damned things (the PSLs) on the open market, and they can't sell their tickets for face, and the only options they have now is continue to pay or face possible legal/debt collection agencies calling and harrassing. Even if they do not fear the debt collectors or any possible legal action and decide to blow that off, they still have the issue of the fact that they laid out some serious cash up front for the freaking PSL and they know there is no way in hell to get it back. so they are fucked even more than the UD guys are.

This is going to be some really horrible PR this Spring. The reporters are already all over it and will be covering more guys like that one with the #6 jersey the other day who is fed up. $60,000 worth of PSL and $1400 per game (for 2 seats). I mean, that's a fucking nightmare. And of course, the newspapers love to go after horror stories like that, so the embarrassment for Woody will be over the top.

17. baamf

baamf Active Member

I'm with you brother. I have 4 seats and actually pay the entire bill for 3 of them each year; not pissing away money for this team any longer. Free preseason and no parking fees or see ya later...

Should be fun.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What a train wreck ,,,,,,227 and the rest do you ( I know you do ) remember when guys were posting on this thread and saying how this is EXACTLY what could happen ? How these tickets and psls were priced way outta wack and how it will suck when the cycle came back around ? Who knew it would be this soon,unreal :sad:

Maybe we should dig up an old post or 10 and see how prophetic they were ! Or better yet maybe I should dig up someone else's posts,, someone like the shill SG3 who would argue and personally attack many ( including myself ) . Remember how he and others would talk about how left out guys like me would be while they were sitting in MetLife for the home playoff games or still funnier yet the AFC championship game :lol:

I honestly feel for you guys that can not get out of your PSL, I have many friends in the same exact boat . If you sit upstairs and are still on the fence about giving the seats up, I suggest talking to the reps and demanding what you really want and if they do not budge,,,run away do not walk ! I have zero regrets about giving up my seats and you will have oceans of tickets to choose from next year, and at a very reasonable / fair price. Good luck all

19. Section 227. Row 5

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm such a hardhead and traditionalist it's ridiculous.

I know it's a terrible waste of money and any games I can't go to, I lose money on them big time when I try to sell them. But I've had the tickets for so long...

I guess, if there are a lot of guys like 314 and Baamf and Champ who are really serious about holding out, I will too. When the bill is due, I suppose we can play a huge game of "chicken" with them. Wait to see who blinks first.

The very worst that can happen is they inform me they've sold my seats to someone else. And then what? I'm saving $5254 per year! My seats are $125 X 4 = $500 per game X 10 = $5,000 + $250 Parking + $4 Fees = $5,254.

So then I'm out but I can still go to any game I want and probably slide down into the Upper Prime Section in the 2nd quarter and be closer to the 50 even. I mean, this is ridiculous.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Good points all and yes, I remember hammering away at this possibility (the situation we're in now), but honestly, I never dreamed it would get this bad. I knew it could possibly happen to a degree, but this is a freaking disaster now. The way the Jets have shilled thousands of seats on the radio for $50 without Preseason requirements and all the "military discounts," they themselves have groomed the average Jets fan out there to expect a discount every year now and NOT to have to pay for the preseasons. This is a problem they created for themselves and they made this situation MUCH worse than it could have been. Then we go from 8-8 to 6-10 and no let up in sight with more holes than a Swiss Cheese Factory and it's MUCH worse than any of us predicted.

I am wondering if it is possible to call the ticket office and go one step further. Make them an offer. Tell them you are willing to buy seaosn tickets in the 100 level but you will only pay for the 8 games. No parking, no preseasons. Maybe they will get badk to you and say, okay, but you have to pay parking. No preseasons and no PSL required. I know it sounds crazy, but how bad do they want to fill the seats? It might come to that.