Jets Request to Interview Tom Telesco for GM spot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets put in request to talk to Colts dir of player personnel Tom Telesco this week for GM job, per @AlbertBreer. TT waiting on Chargers job

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

OH NOOOOOO. I thought we were a circus and the ONLY person who would want us is Scott Cohen.

Good idea. The turnaround (mostly due to Luck, but still) they had is amazing.

3. odessa

odessa Banned

Stop with the dog and pony show Woody. Hire Tom Gamble already.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yeah instead of doing you due diligence hire the first guy with a name makes sense. What a clown this Woody is.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The problem here is the effing Rooney rule.

If you interview Gamble twice, then your Rooney requirement then just hire the original guy, it rubs the wrong way.

Plus, this guy has had a hand in bringing in some decent offensive talent.

6. odessa

odessa Banned

At cval
    Wow sarcasm, instead of instead of making a point in a civil manner or without an once of original thought. Yes you are a winner.

I was making a point of wasting there time on scrubs like Cohen or one hit wonders who got lucky(Luck) Telesco. They should hire proven winners like Gamble. out of all the GM canadates, Gamble is the one I'm impressed with.

Wow if you decided to have a civil convo, I would of explained this to you in depth. In stead you decide to play silly child games like a 5 year old. I'm now done with you, I want to talk more Jets football.

7. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Had you even heard of Gamble prior to the media bringing him up? How is Gamble any more of a proven winner than Telesco? Gamble has been with the 49ers for 8 years and they were terrible for 6 of them. Telesco has been with the Colts forever and except for one bad, one could say tanked, year they have been a perennial winner.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I think the argument for Gamble could be the fact that he took a bad organization and through drafts/free agency made it good.

9. Scottso

Scottso Member

Haha Gamble is the one that your impressed with?!?!?! Have you been sitting in on the interviews? Fill us in on the details. I'm interested.

10. odessa

odessa Banned

I looked at Gambles resume and it impressed me, Telesco not so much. It seems Telesco got lucky with 2 franchise QBS. A franchise QB can make anyone look brilliant. Gamble built a winner without that franchise caliber QB, in a QB driven league where you supposedly need a franchise QB to win. Alos the 49ers do mirror what Rex wants to do. So yes I feel Gamble is the logical choice.

11. odessa

odessa Banned

at Scottso.

More childish sarcasm, ahh fill me with your wisdom assclown.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Polian, who declined the Jets request to interview likes Gamble. But woody may be looking at Telesco because Rex and Gamble have ties.

13. Scottso

Scottso Member

Ah call me childish and then proceed to call me AssClown. Gotcha. Anyway to respond, my point was that everybody is saying who they want and they have not ever held a conversation with any of these individuals. It is common practice before you get a job that you are interviewed.
    When you sit down with an individual and pick his or her brain it gives you a lot more insight into their knowledge and way of thinking. Especially to see if it fits your vision for your program. You can't just look on a Wikipedia page and figure out who the best candidate is. There may be a great candidate, brilliant perhaps, who is stuck working for a horrible organization like Jacksonville. You just don't know until you talk to them. And sorry if you felt I was attacking you, that statement just came off weird to me. My bad.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

So you looked at his resume and so did the Jets that is why the interviewed him. Was Gamble the GM in San Fran does the GM not get the credit?

Cohen and Telesco have good resumes also that is why they are getting interviews. Makes sense to interview all good candidates.

I have interviewed plenty of people with a good resume that I was not impressed with once I met them face to face. This has to be a good fit so know I will not have opinion on who the jets hire until I see what he does with the Jets.

None of these guys have been in charge before so there is really no track record they are all a pretty big gamble.

15. redworld

redworld New Member

Why was Telesco passed over for the Colts GM opening just last year?

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The problem is not the rule, the problem is making up your mind before even going to interview candidates.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It wasnt really down to Luck, if you actually look at his stats he had a very average season.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

And if you just look at his stats you miss a huge part of the picture.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I watched quite a few of his games, he looks really promising, and I am sure down the line he will be a star, but to say that the success of the Colts this year was primarily down to the performances of Luck is buying too much into the hype machine.

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

he was promoted to VP of Football Operations they didn't want a GM from within because Irsay wanted the new head of FO to make his own decision regarding the Manning/Luck situation

I wish stats weren't apart of sports, thats every fans way of deciding who's better, who played well or who was more important