Interesting Observations While Listening To ESPN Radio Call Of Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I don't want Sparano back.

I want to give Sanchez good WR's and a good QB Coach and OC who knows how to call plays.

If he throws 20 interceptions and fumbles 10 times, then he's outta here.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You enjoy the sight of angry crowds?

Because if Sanchez sets foot on the field for the Jets next year and is not good there is going to be a constant angry crowd at MetLife.

He's sucked for something like the last 24 games. That's not an off-season, that's a career in decline.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

is this another nyjunc thread?

the guy cant throw the ball at or behind the line of scrimmage, he regularly throws the ball to the wrong team. was it a bad route on that sweet touchdown pass he had yesterday?

he has never been good, he wasnt good in 09 and really wasnt good in 10 so i am not sure what you expect him to get back to?

maybe every guy that he has ever had runs bad routes half the time and that is why he cant barely complete 50 percent of his passes.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes he is. Buttle does the pre and post on radio and is a Jet apologist. Listening to the jets radio post game you wonder if they are watching the same game. Buttle is on another planet, he just can't admit that sanchez blows. The WR's are horrible and the play calling horrific, but so is the QB. The TV guys and the radio guys are like night and day. I stopped listening to the radio guys anymore. And Lagreca is my favorite on 1050 during the week. I think he has finally seen the light, but not tough guy Buttle, nope, he's to cool with his slick back marine cut to admit that his boy blows.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Come on now really? You are going to blame WR's for not running their routes. How about the guy who works for Western Union wearing the six jersey who locks in on one receiver and the whole NFL knows it. Mark telegraphs his passes and to boot his passes are not accurate or he would get picked off even more.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

dont we already have a thread that is like 5k posts long explaining over and over and over again how bad and why mark sanchez sucks?

7. RevChez

RevChez Banned

Right on the money!! Sanchez lost his confidence some time during the season. He was never this bad. Never. Since we have no choice with Sanchez next year, I hope he comes back strong and outplays any QB competition he faces.

I hope we resign Keller and Braylon. I hope we can draft an RB that can catch out of the backfield. Having LT back there was a huge help. That's what we need to draft (regardless of who's playing QB). We also need to draft RT and RG early in the draft. That's why I hope we trade down and pick up couple of mid rounders. Our D is not even a problem, why draft a defender early on? Yeah we need pass rushers but its time we let Davis play ILB a d pick up another ILB and OLB via FA. We can still strike for a high profile player by backloading, when Revis, Sanchez and Holmes deals would be off the books.

Back to Sanchez, he's a QB who's play depends entirely on his confidence. Every time Tebow went in, it reduced Sanchez' confidence. Tebow had a huge role in how Sanchez played, not intentional of course. With confidence, Sanchez can be a top 10 QB. Without confidence, he'll be the league's worst.

8. RevChez

RevChez Banned

No, I'd rather get updated news in a new thread, rather than thread digging through 200 pages.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I still don't understand this whole confidence thing. Sanchez has roughly 8 million reasons to be confident. He knows Tebow is a worse practice player than him, why should he care? We don't need or want a quarterback with stupid mental issues, we need a quarterback who is confident enough to make shit into roses and roses into gold. We don't need one who's poor play sets the game of football back 50 years.

I think it will be best for us if we just let him go.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

There were 3 plays I remember that Braylon had a step on his defender and Sanchez flat out overthrew him or didn't even look his way.

As for Sanchez moving out of the pocket, yes he's good at avoiding the pressure when possible but once he does he's not very good at making a play with the ball. He moves outside then hesitates with the ball. Leading to a sideline dump off with a defender in the receivers pocket or a hesitated throw away.

#50 TurkJetFan, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This.

Mark absolutely telegraphs his throws. Guys on the board are not experts at analyzing precise route running and don't even know what the route is because they don't have the playbook. Saying its the route running is like running a marathon blind. How can someone say the WR wasn't where he was supposed to be if they don't even know what the play design looks like???

We know for sure that Mark telegraphs his passes, and does not make quick or smart decisions with the football. Anything else is pure speculative internet coaching.

12. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I always love when people bring up "outplaying" Brady or Manning in the playoffs, as if those games were shootouts where Sanchez was going TD for TD against those guys lol

I would give the defense in those games as much, if not more, credit in those games for Sanchez "outplaying" them

13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

That opinion was a popular one in 2011, Here's a quote from an article from usatoday:
    " The past two weeks, Sanchez has outplayed Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to help the Jets advance."

14. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Sanchez had to play against the Pats D and Colts D. Brady and Manning had to play against the Jets D.

It was a team effort and Sanchez played his part.

15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Suckchez had little to do with that success. They had a top D and top running game. A top running game makes the passing game a lot easier even for a game manager like Suckchez. ANY QB, whether a starter or 3rd string can make plays with receivers that are open because of a feared run game. When that disappears like it has the past few years then the true talent of the QB emerges or in suckchez's case it proves he's not capable of being a starting QB that a team can rely on to win a game.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

If you want to give him credit for the team's success in the past, you've got to give him blame for their failures right now. Be consistent, don't just blindly try to defend the guy.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

You can watch the play -- all season Sanchez after plays was looking at his receiver and giving a hand signal of where they were supposed to be on a play. Remember Holmes was supposed to be #1, Hill #2, Kerley #3, Keller the #1 TE.

What you ended with for most of the season was Kerley #1, Hill/Gates/Chilens #2, #3 - best guess, Cumberland #1 TE. You have guys that didn't run certain routes in minicamps, pre-season, early during the season. They didn't run crisp routes because they just didn't perfect the playbook during short weeks of practice. Sparano failed to modify his system to match the talent that was unable to get separation from defenders. How many times do you send 3 receivers deep with no outlet?

Receivers were just poor - partially due to their lack of talent, lack of practice, and poor game planning by Sparano.

18. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Glad to see others saying this. Sure Sanchez made some bad throws but receivers running the wrong route can really make a QB look bad. I would say a good 1/4 - 1/2 of his interceptions were due to this. In addition the lack of separation you mention is key. When you have no separation, every throw must be perfect or the receive must fight for the ball and make a play for their QB. Sanchez's throws were not consistently perfect (hard for most QBs though he deserves some blame here) and the receivers did a poor job of making plays or fighting through defenders to make catches.

While I am definitely not an expert on route routing, common sense tells me when QB is telling the receiver where he should have been there was some sort of issue with the route. Same with when a receiver stops short or runs into the wrong area. If that was the design of the play then that would fall on the OC (another reason for him to go). I know many people who broke down some of Sanchez's early interceptions (there were a few articles posted on this board) showed that the receivers were running poor routes which led to interceptions. Again, Sanchez made his own mistakes too (staring down a receiver is one of them) though the poor play from the receiving corp made it look like he was playing worse than he actually was which at times was pretty hard to do :)

#58 MDBigDog, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I can't stand this argument. This isn't USC vs Washington State ... where the top WR recruits in the country are running free in the secondary. There are probably people on this board who can complete those passes. In the NFL your QB needs to fit the ball into tight windows ... and he needs to do it CONSISTENTLY. If you think Mark Sanchez is capable of doing that, you're crazy. He misses his receivers by margins that are absolutely laughable by NFL standards. And even on those occasions when someone does get wide open, hitting someone in stride is a concept that's not part of his game. (See Cromartie ... Texans game). I've seen our guys having to make diving catches for 4 yard gains. Completely ridiculous.

Like I've said before ... It's not the gasoline ... It's the engine.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark's confidence is gone, you just don't get that back. He's mentally weak, and has not bounced back in over 20 games. He's cooked. He needs time away from the game and a fresh start. QBs that lose confidence and regain it are strong mentally, Peyton Manning, we don't have to limit that to just QBs, but football players in general. He's mentally weak, and he's telegraphing his throws because he keeps second guessing himself - he never did that in his 2nd year, he was always confident in what he was doing - he didn't play elite but for this team he played exceptionally well.