Interesting Article on Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Who are the 'football people' they talked to? The Patriots front office?

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Firing everybody every 3/4 seasons is stupid and leads to cyclical mediocrity and sucking - feel free to support this strategy if that is what you want - 1 losing season and the circus clowns w/zero management skills pretend that firing people is the only solution when in fact it's simply SOJ - it is a circus and the clowns are in the stands.

#62 AbdulSalam, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

As Schein said, calling this a circus is an insult to circus performers.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

You can't ask the coach not to have an opinion. It's up to the GM to weigh that appropriately.

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Sad part is that these were my first two thoughts when reading this article.

6. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Obviously Ryan was behind the stupid contract with Sanchez. He needs to be fired for that alone much less the Sparano disaster

#66 NY Dork, Dec 31, 2012
  7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

After this season and Sanchez's contract situation heads need to roll. You can't stand pat after the locker room collapse in 2011, then the disaster of a season this year.

At the end of the day I like Rex but I don't believe he should keep his job now. He needs to take this as a learning experience into his next job. Clean house, draft Geno Smith, new GM, new OC, new DC (Pettine?), and move forward. The Tanny, Rex, Sanchez era is as done as done.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I wish you said "draft Geno Smith" at the beginning of your post so I would have known to ignore the whole post before I got halfway through it.

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I heard the same crap when I wanted Matt Ryan instead of Gholston. "This years draft class is weak, I don't want any of them, we need a pass rusher"... Fuck it, Geno Smith has a 70% + completion %, huge numbers in a very mediocre system, he isn't coming from USC where his numbers are inflated by huge talent all around him. You go pull for Matt Moore or Matt Flynn and enjoy your miserable 2013 5-11 season...

4200 yards, 42 TDs to 6 INTs, 71 % completion %, 82% in December, 163 rating. The guy is a fucking BEAST on a shitty team.

#69 dr.velociraptor, Dec 31, 2012
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Exactly the oppsoite. Mangini was the only guy that wanted Gholston. The scouting department, Bradway and Clinckscale were adamantly against Gholston. Gholston was all Mangini.

A number of things I like about Tannenebaum. He is decisive, he drives a hard bargain and he is not afraid to take a chance. The value he has gotten in trades has been very good. for Example he got great value for Abraham which allowed us to get Mangold. But I do agree with the article he needs to stop listening to coaches and rely on the scouting department and Bradway more often. If we had listened to Bradway Russel Wilson would be a Jet, Sanchez and Gholston and many other bad picks would never have happened.

Tanny has a great business sense, good negotiator, well respected and is good at making decisions. We have great personnel guys. He just needs to listen to them more and coaches less. While no one liked the Sanchez extension or the pick I don't think that is enough to fire him. Those are on Ryan and something Tanny needs to learn.

#70 Noam, Dec 31, 2012
  11. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Whats with the random Kyle Wilson hate?? He had a good year

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Tanny has made Landry and Bell as good decisions in FA, besides that, lots of missed and highly compensated players limiting our resources. On top of that, we haven't invested in the OL since Vlad even after Turner went down in 2011 and Mangold got banged up. Our next OL move was finally ridding Hunter which I applaud him fighting a suitor for. At the end of the day, Tanny and/or Woody has final say, and you have to fault Tanny for not using his final say. He made a comedy of errors this offseason signing a competant backup in Stanton, extending Sanchez, then trading for Tebow. We acquired 2 new QBs and extended one all in one offseason.