What is More Important to Tebow?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Hmmm...

Seems interesting that he is coming out for the first time and defending himself in reference to his reputation as a good teammate.

For all the shots he took from every direction which talked about him sucking as a QB, he ignored all of those, but yet he could not ignore this.

Media will be happy though. Tebow exposed his weak spot. Attack his character, not his playing ability. I predict that they will go after his character in the future when they want to generate some Tebow news. People will eat it up.

2. Slap

Slap New Member

Team Tebow and his fans are just used to people kissing his ass and neither group can handle it when that isn't happening. The Broncos special accommodations for Tebow began when they completely altered the offense to suit his, let's be polite, unconventional skill set. This was fine by me because I didn't believe it would be a long term situation and both parties benefited from the arrangement in the short term. What turned me against Tebow as a person was the way be handled the fallout from his trade request to New York. He wasn't man enough to just tell the swamp rats back home that he didn't want to play in Jacksonville. Instead, Tebow was perfectly content to let Elway absorb the wrath of the Tetards over the decision. Only when it became obvious that his dishonesty would be challenged did he slide into his "aw shucks" persona and start thanking the Broncos. People are quite happy to look past the phony elements of his personality or make excuses for him and that's fine. I enjoy seeing how angry they get when someone shines a light on his hypocrisy.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Sounds like a to me he defending himselves because what little trade value he got now he don't want it to go away. I heard that Jac may not want him since all this came out.

4. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Oh yeh? You know someone from the jags front office? :rolleyes:

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Obviously, his character is most important for Tebow than his quarterback ability. He's a better person than he is quarterback anyway.

I have no problem with anything Tebow has said all season. If he did take himself out of the Wildcat, then that's a problem, but I think that's a little overblown. I mostly believe Tebow. He probably told Rex, "Look, I'm disappointed you didn't pick me over McElroy. I really want to be the quarterback of this team. I've been the backup all season and I've done all the things you wanted me to do, why didn't you pick me? I don't want to just be the Wildcat gimmick guy, I want to be a real quarterback, like you said I would be!"

Rex didn't have the heart to tell him it was because he had no confidence in him starting at quarterback, and at this point, it's better to evaluate someone who can actually be a part of this team's future than someone who will likely be a cap casualty.

I blame the Jets more for taking in Tebow than anything Tebow has done this year. Tebow is such a sideshow at this point that I think Rex wants nothing to do with all that, and giving Tebow a play here or there would cause people to go nuts. While I think Tebow embraces it, I don't think he seeks out attention: he's just used to it by now. I hold no ill will towards Tebow.

I would like to see him get another chance as a starter. Just not with the Jets. And not because I think he deserves it either, because I am sick of this being a non-story. I'd rather see him start and fail, or go against the odds and start and succeed (like he did last time, at least in wins and losses). Tebow being discussed all year despite not even playing is pretty miserable. He has a ridiculous fan base, and I'd like to shut them up in case he doesn't play well. And if he does play well, hey, good for him and good for Jacksonville or whatever team gives him that chance, and good for the fans who believed in him as a starting NFL quarterback all this time.

The better question is what is more important to Tebow, the team winning these last 2 weeks or him playing? Obviously, he'll say the team winning, but I'm sure he's dying to get in there. When the playoffs were a possibility, that's one thing, but now...

#5 Jetfanmack, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Great post. :) +1000000

7. catfish

catfish New Member

good post, only thing I would say is he most likely thinks he gives the team the best chance to win. QB's are all cocky things, so in his mind it isn't either play or win. I am sure he figures if they play me they will win, as should any pro athlete IMO

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I was not aware level headed intelligent post were allowed in this section of the forum .