Scottenheimer or Sparano?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by I Am The Stig, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BookEndTackles 72&79

I think Sparano has actually done a decent job. We don't see the moronic BS we saw from Schotty. What do you haters expect out of Sparano??? He has a QB so bad he has to try and hide him. The guy is a turnover waiting to happen. He has no receiver or checkdown option out of the backfield. Only Powell can pick up a blitz. He has no homerun threat in the backfield either. The wideouts are glaringly overmatched. The TE's are atrocious. Holmes, Keller and Hill have missed most of the season. NO OC, not a single one would have success with this garbage he has on the field. That falls on Tanny.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

hahaha. Last night I was so pissed when he passed 3 times in a row late in the game I said the same thing to my dad.....

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Sparano is not an OC . He is a decent OL coach and that's about it.

Having a rookie OC is actually and truly the main reason the offense imploded for the Jets this year.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wonder if we all just sit real quiet, we can hear the Dolphin fans laughing their asses off about last night's fiasco. Everything they've said about Sparano has come true. We can at least be thankful that Sparano isn't the HC like he was down there. Its bad enough he's the OC here.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They both suck. Get someone in here that knows a thing or two about offense.

Write Norv a blank check.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'll also be pissed if he doesn't come here due to Rex.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Rex might not be here , personally I wouldn't fire Rex but if a new GM comes in there is a reeal chance he could be sent packing.

As far as the OP they both suck. As a QB I'll take Bradford over Sanchez and Jackson who even at 75% is as good as Greene. The Rams O didn't look so hot against us.

Schotty had multiple seasons and multiple QB's to prove himself and Sporano got stuck with a bad QB to prove himself. I wasn't enamored with the Sporano hire but judge him off of one season with the shit QB he has isn't exactly fair when judging him against Schotty.

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I have to laugh about how so many Jets fans blame the OC. It's the HC you knuckleheads. It's Ryan. HE is the reall root of the problem. Who decided to stick with Sanchez over McElroy? Fat boy Rex, that's who.

Ryan's ground and pound is an outdated coaching philosophy. The problem starts and stops with our toe sucking head coach.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's an outdated philosophy that the 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, and Texans all use and were built upon. It's not really that outdated, it's how you build a team without an elite QB

10. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

both suck

in my estimation neither schotty or his successor are any good.

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

sparano aint doin too well right now but lets be real, schotty was an utter disaster

even with all of the troubles we still dont see receivers running into each other and there is some creativity in the run game, not schotty creativity, real creativity. some of the stuff sparano does he does well, but he hasnt been able to string together any sort of momentum that would lead to any real success. still better than schotty though.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Neither, they both suck.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

You are correct sir.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Can we trade for Schotty?

15. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Sparano is the worst. He's still working for the Dolphins, I'm sure of it. Zero feel for the flow of the game. Fire him now and get it over with.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Great line from Displacedjetsfan:

"Why can't they both suck?"

or something like that...either way, it's true.

In the case of our last 2 OC's
    It's not Either/Or
    It's Neither/Nor !!

17. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Lolz.

3rd and 1 Shotgun? No Thank you. Schotty did good things at times for the Jets, but he was brutal at times.

1 year into the Tony offense there was good times and bad, I think he needs to learn how to get a better feel for how to call plays and situational play calling, but it's hard to grade him when your quarterback can't stop throwing INTs.

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's not outdated, we just don't have the personnel to actually do it.

19. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

There's no question..Schotty is a better OC.

Sparano has no imagination.

NONE!!!

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Schotty was here longer, and people were still over estimating the roster last year, so I am not surprised he still draws a lot of venom from some fans here and elsewhere who made him the scapegoat last year.

But the O has actually gotten worse this year compared to last. Perhaps worst of all has been that the O has no real logic or identity. All that Ground and Pound stuff has been bs for the most part, and the Jets never came up with a logical way to use Tebow, despite all the big talk about doing so. Playcalling has been awful, too.

I was prepared to have an open mind about Sparano, but we knew from the get go he failed in Miami and had no real track record as an OC. So I am not surprised he is failing here, too.