The 800lb Gorilla in the room: How do the Jets get Rex to DC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Dec 18, 2012.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Sign me up for this right now.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Rex will never accept a DC demotion. He would sooner resign IMO.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

All the talking heads seem to think Rex will be fired, I really hope not id give him one more year, If im Woody im thinking like this: Rex gave me two great years memorable years two of the best years in franchise history, And now he has given me two horrible years, One more year to even it out all or nothing type of deal. I think thats what will happen Woody will tell him one more year if you don't get it back together your gone and I think that would be fair. Woody also has to appreicate the fact that Rex put the Jets back on the map ,we are always talked about for good or bad.And the fact that Rex chose MclRoy over Tebow tells me Rex never wanted Tebow here to begin with and Woody probably jammed it down his throat because if Rex really wanted him here Tebow would be starting on Sunday

#63 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Would it be feasible and plausible to fire Rex officially and then rehire him as DC?

5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If a new coach is hired there is NO WAY Rex stays on as DC. No head coach is going to want the guy that he's replacing on his staff. The closest facsimile to Rex staying around might be to try and retain Pettine's services as DC. Even that might be pushing it. Rex kept Shotty and Westoff because he was a rookie HC and more than likely they were sold to him as being beneficial.

Although something tells me that if Rex does get canned that his replacement will be somebody with previous head coaching experience and won't want anybody staying on board from this administration.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I like Rex, always have. Heck I bought that get Coached Up dvd of his. If he only lived by the principles he put forth on the video. The point is that as a HC you have to make tough decisions. Did he get rid of Schotty? No. Did he bench Sanchez when we still had a shot of making the playoffs? No.

IMO, Tanny, Rex, Sparano and Mark have to go before we can start getting better.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This is a waste of a thread.
    This would be like asking your wife for a divorce but still expecting to date her.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL. good analogy.

9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Rex has lost the team, as evidenced by the fact that players are bitching to the media, coaches are doing the same, and the team never seems motivated or prepared. These things rarely get turned around, so i think he's gotta go.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Best offensive player 100%. No more ignoring the offense it should be number 1 priority. Our line and secondary are fine we just need LB help. I would think this season would be a pretty big wake up call for the whole front office in that regards. I think the idea was you have one of if not the best Defensive coach in the league so lets make him an awesome Defense and no matter what the offense is we will find a way to win.

Now the goal should be lets get the offense to be average to good with our good to great D and then we have ourselves a competing team again.

I cant imagine our D ever being anything less then top 10 with Rex as our coach.

Despite my username I'd be for trading Revis for 2 firsts (and more if possible) if we could to retool. Our secondary has played well without him.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it "dating" :grin:

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So, the HC that has the most playoff wins I'm Jets history,should step DOWN,,,? Here is a clue maybe the team should bal the 50 milliikn dollar man, and get a real OC?
    Sam Bradford's stats anyone?

13. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

14. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Furthermore, because, Stupid.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Back 2 Back AFCC
    8-8 last year
    and meaningful games into week 15 with a skeleton crew on offense..

Not bad if you ask me.

Truth is, yes... he is a great DC but remember, this is only his 4th year as a HC in his career.

If anything, bringing in an offensive guru as an OC/HC is probably the best way to do it.

16. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

I think the kind of gm this shitty organization needs wouldnt accept a position contingent upon him accepting a few existing staff members. Half-assed management is what got this team in this mess. If you're gonna clear house, clear house. Half measures bring mediocrity.

17. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Theres more to it than just the record. This team has been run embarrassingly badly. It is literally a circus. SB wins would erase that but not two AFC losses.

18. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

With a tiny gap, Gunther Cunningham is the only person I can think of...

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Firing Rex would be the dumbest thing that Woody can do in the offseason. He had this team competing for/playing in the playoffs all four years. He has yet to have a losing season.

He has game planned well enough to win at least 3-4 of our 8 losses. It's not his fault that Sanchez is completely sucking wind. He probably thought that benching him would help get his mind on straight and it clearly has not.

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This is wrong. The team is flat most of the time and against shitty teams, they overcome poor first halves to win. Against good teams, they either fall short or get blown out. Go back and look. Other than week 1 this year, point me to one game where the Jets game planned well and came out ready to play?

He lost this team last year, and has never gained it back. They are dumb, they are undisciplined, and they are usually poorly prepared.

Firing him would be the smartest thing Woody could do - ignore the record. The argument you make about poor QB play could easily be switched around to the Jets getting some lucky breaks for a couple of years, without which we're sitting here after an 8-8, 11-5, 8-8 and wherever they end up this year, with only one playoff appearance.