Good 2012 Post Mortem from Vacarro..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

100% right! Making it to the playoffs with our roster would have been horrible and would have ended in a record defeat when we actually faced a good team.

We need all the picks we can get and as high as possible to turn this team around. Unfortunately, with the way the draft looks, we are probably stuck with Sanchez next season and that means one more dreadful season.

Could we be bad enough to get a top 5 pick in the following draft, when the QB's look a lot more talented? I damn well hope so! Merry Christmas!!!
    :drunk:

2. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Yep. But more than that they need someone with a brain making the pick.

3. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Well you aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Sanchez so you might as well have shut down the season before the 1st game.

4. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

If you want to lose out then Sanchez gives the team the best shot of getting a high draft pick.

5. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Good article. There was definitely lots of blame to go around.

For one thing, I didn't mind Tebow coming in the 3rd and short but when Sanchez makes two good throws in a row and is starting to get something going you don't put in Tebow. And if you do, get the right damn personnel in there. Even the announcers commented on that.

I am a Sanchez fan overall but not of what I've seen from him lately. The mistakes this week just looked bad. No pass rush, no receiver running wrong routes, just bad throws. Now some of that may be due to lack of chemistry with the receivers though that only gets you so far.

I do think the Jets have hurt Sanchez by all of the turnover on the offense, the lack of attention to the OL, and bringing in Tebow. That still doesn't give him a pass on what we've seen though I do believe he has had to put up with extra criticism just because he's playing in NY and for the Jets. For all I know they could have damaged him beyond repair and truly turned him into the next David Carr as another article I read talked about.

Here's my wish list for next year assuming he's still the QB (keep in mind I'm not saying these are reasons he played poorly, just what I think may get the best of him):

- No more Tebow - best for him and best for the Jets to part ways
    - New QB coach - need to get someone in who can truly develop a QB as Cavanaugh hasn't done the job
    - Keep Braylon & Keller. I'm 50/50 on Holmes. At least those will give him some consistency and people to work with. With Kerley and Hill (assuming he improves) that gives him some sort of supporting cast for now. If we can find an upgrade anywhere I'm all for it but these are all people he has some sort of chemistry with. Hell Braylon looked decent last night and went all out for a bunch of passes, despite the Seahawks assertion that his season was over due to the injury.
    - Fix the OL - they need to be more consistent in both the running game and in keeping the QB off the ground
    - Replace Sparano - I'm torn on this one. On the one side I'd like to see consistency on the other, the poor use of Tebow and the issues with getting the right personnel on the field has been maddening.
    - Make the D truly dominant - yes they've played well and are hardly to blame for the loss but when you have a team pinned back and give up a 94 yard TD run to a RB (albeit a good one) with a banged up OL) that's a problem. Then when the O does get you the lead back you proceed to let the Titans march down the field and take it right back. Dominant defenses don't do that as consistently as we have this season (and last season)

Anyway, just my two cents.

6. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

He had just completed passes of 11 and 20 something yards....it was rediculous to pull him right then. No one knew what was going on....Commentators couldn't believe it. We had a mini drive going!

7. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Put this to bed. Sanchez will not start another game for the Jets. Otherwise I like all your other points.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

"Sparano's comedic stylings" - now that's funny

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Playing in the Super Bowl is pointless if you can't win.

Hey look....I just out-stupided you.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

As much a piece of crap Sparano has been Rex let the cat out of the bag in his pressed that it was predetermined that Tebow would enter the game at that juncture.
    That is where I wanted to jump through the TV screen and grab that toe sucking bastard by the throat and not let go until his eyes popped out.
    Not that I needed any further proof but that is where I knew Rex must be fired after this HELL IN 2012 of a season.
    I listened today how Beningo & Roberts cried about " staybility", how teams like Pittsburgh & the Giants haven't given up on coaches when fans were calling for their heads and how the Jets have had a revolving door of coaches the last 30+ years.
    The difference they failed to mention between the Jets & the others is that those teams actually hired coaches who knew WTF they were doing.
    Rex has shown nothing but incompetence when it comes to building and coaching any part of a team that is not defensive related. To be a HC you must hold players accountable and be a disciplinarian, neither of which he has ever shown he is capable of doing.
    I'm done with this whole FO/CS. Changes have to be made or its more of the same circus going forward.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

if we can pick up a serviceable QB that in itself will be a big boost to the team - even an average QB could mean an extra 3 or 4 wins.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

No offense but is that why he threw 4 horrible int's?

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:up: yes, this!:metal:

14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This times ten billion. What the fuck are the Jets thinking of? How completely incompetent they are. Yes, Sanchez has been historically bad this season but, he is a Frankenstein monster that management created by not surrounding him with a a legit corp of receivers.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Chad Pennington had no problem with it for the Dolphins, Dilfer is a retard, and should kiss Ray Lewis on the lips for getting him a SB ring

16. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

No, Sancho's mom shitting him out of her vag was the disgrace. That sorry motherfucker.

ANyone remember that goddamn Jets West bullshit??

17. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

We tried to tell you guys about Sparano.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I am not upset. Quite a few darksiders have seen it coming months ago - some, like me, even before the season started.

2. Paper-thin roster quality. Yes. Paper-thin. You lose with that kind of set up. I always hated Arsene Wenger even during Arsenal's heydays precisely because of that. If you concentrate the talent level up at the top like Jets are doing (at least in terms of salary cap) you get nowhere.

3. Trader Mike? Loser Mike! Of course, you can't put the WHOLE blame on T-Bomb, as a. the scouting department fouled it up and b. coaching staff failed to raise the kids up. But if you don't even get to have enough batch of prospects to try, how can you succeed? Your pressure to succeed with given kids increase astronomically with one pick traded away after another. That's a losing philosophy. That one is squarely on T-Bomb - no other way around it.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I remember quite well that a lot of Dolphins fans actually felt bad for us because they knew what was coming. Sometimes Jet Fans only see what they want to see.

20. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

This times a million
    [​IMG]