Woody's Reaction tonight

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Dec 18, 2012.

1. 2GangGreen4

2GangGreen4 New Member

The Jets should certainly try to get Kirk Cousins.

For the remainder of the season, I think we should start Greg McElroy, as it poses a win-win situation.

If Rex is right, McElroy would perform worse than Sanchez (since Sanchez gives us the "best chance to win"), and we would lose both games, drop in the standings, and get a higher pick.

However, if Rex is wrong, and McElroy performs well, we could think about starting him for next season.

Cheers from Canada.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They are only sticking with Ryan if Woody is going take over as GM himself and you know how well that has worked out in Dallas. Otherwise any new GM will want his own coach.

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

No GM will keep a HC who is on the clock so to speak..

This will be a total cleaning of house , only people who deserve to stay around are Dunbar and Pettine

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

At the end of the day Woody carries the can here. His calls Via Tanny.
    As someones's already pointed out Sanchez was a Tanny pick and the unfolding of our QB problems lie at his feet.
    I'm not ready to bail on Rex and with some help (god knows where from) on offense in the shape of a decent OC, will be a fine HC.
    During this season its been apparent that Rex has been towing the Jets party-line. He knows what's wrong and is just as keen as us to get it sorted out.

I'm really not sure what the answer is with Sanchez, trade him and take the hit??

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

A new GM might well keep a lame duck Head Coach around to take the hit for a painful year of cap agony, then start fresh with a clean cap and a new Coach in 2014.

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

God, I hope you're right.:up:

7. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Redskins aren't trading Kirk Cousins until they absolutely have to. Shanahan knows you can't go into a season with RGIII under center and not have a good back up.

The more I think about it unfortunately the more I think Woody is going to try to pressure whoever the new braintrust is to bring in Vick. I hope I'm wrong.

8. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Sparano is a bum. Why was he brought in? Didn't they watch the Dolphins the last couple years?

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You 're right, anyone who thinks a new GM (with any balls) will keep Rex is fooling themselves.

The new GM who isn't a "Woody Puppet"...cleans house.

If Woody hires a GM or football operations guy and insists Rex stays as head coach...I DON'T WANT THAT NEW GM.

The problem with the Jets start at the top with our Owner.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I would be sad if Rex got fired espeically becuase of Sanchez, Guys Rex can't make Sanchez play better sure he can coach him and all that bs and talk to him and stuff but he can't make him make better throws, Tony Sparano is def gone it wouldn't surprise me if it happened this week, Tannenbaeum should be fired but i have a feeling he won't be fired, Rex will get one more year to make something happen. I personally want Rex to finish what he started here I want him to be the one who hoists the Lombardi trophy,Panacking now and firing Rex would be a typical Jet move in the ever revolving door of new coaches every 4 or so years witch hasn't gotten us anywhere since 1969 we need to see this thing out and stick with Rex

#50 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing we DO know about Woody Johnson is this: If you piss him off enough, or embarrass the organization enough, violent change happens suddenly and w/o warning. I'm thinking Woody today is 70% pissed off and 30% embarrassed. Perhaps those numbers were reversed on Thanksgiving nite but after yet another bed shitting performance by his team on the national stage, I would be shocked if Woody doesn't make major changes this offseason.

As a wise man once said: "If you keep driving down the same road in the same direction, eventually you'll run out of road.."

This franchise just may have reached the end of the road as presently constituted.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Matt Cassell: Part IV.

Don't do it Jets.

I'd go after Alex Smith before those guys.

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the fact that Woody is supposed to host a Superbowl next year, one that he lobbied fiercely for and paid for half a stadium to get.

He's interested in doing anything in his power to not look like a fool next year. How much is realistically possible to avoid that, who knows, but he's not going into this season with a staff he thinks has a chance of 1) having zero chance of being in the game, and 2) having any chance of being the punchline for a week when that's a week that should be spent as his ultimate PR moment.

That's why I honestly think he keeps Rex. I don't think he's willing to risk a full blown rebuilding year next year when he's supposed to be celebrating - or at least have a prayer.

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He should keep Rex. When Rex kept Sanchez, he assumed that Sanchez would be intelligent enough to get his head out of his ass after getting benched. He also assumed that he could at least make basic reads. Is it really his fault that for some strange reason, he still can't do both?

That's all Rex has to say to keep his job next year with a new GM. Anyone can see that the defense does enough to win us games.

Get rid of Sanchez. HE is the reason that many people see this team as a joke. He's a walking punchline. Nobody else on our team comes remotely close.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You must be insane ... because that's the definition of doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

You're argument is the most ridiculous argument in sports.
    Give WHAT a shot? WHAT??
    THE GUY CAN'T PLAY. Period. End of story. He can't play the position.
    Is that somehow not obvious to you?

All the money in the world won't turn him into an NFL QB.
    The money is gone forever ... already spent ... already "eaten".
    It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
    Do you really think by keeping him around, you're somehow getting a return on your investment? Really? REALLY???

Maybe it's me.
    Please explain it to me.

EDIT: And by the way ... you know what costs more than 8 million dollars? ... playing 8 home games in an empty stadium, and alienating your entire fan base.

#55 truthbtold, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  16. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Kirk Cousins = Scott Mitchell

I would like to see more out of Kirk Cousins before we trade away picks for him.

17. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Then get ready for another loosing season of Jets football with empty talk from Rex

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Tanny = strictly $$ guy or out
    Rex = DC
    Cowher = HC
    Sparano = out
    New OC: either Al Saunders (currently OC, Ravens) or Tom Clements (currently QB coach, Packers)
    Sanchez = clipboard holder & permanent butt of NY jokes.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We CANNOT lose Dunbar

20. Ted

Ted Member

Al Saunders is an offensive assistant in Oakland and is a viable option. Clements is the OC in Green Bay and is not an option other then Head Coach. Rex is to proud to take a demotion and Cowher is not coming to the Jets.