So how much blame should Cavanaugh shoulder for Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

No doubt that Sanchez is just plain awful. We've seen little to no progression from him in 4 seasons. My question is how much blame is placed on Cavanaugh for Dirty's complete ineptitude as our QB? We used Schotty as our scapegoat for 3 years (and rightfully so, his system was complex as fuck), but now in a simplified offense Sanchez continues to show he shouldn't even be starting in high school, let alone the NFL. We made a big mistake in keeping Cavanaugh as long as we have and I would like to hear how the rest of the board feels.

2. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Fire his ass. I don't know how the hell he survived with the reset on the offensive coaching staff.

3. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

He stunk in Baltimore, he stinks now.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

How did they put humpty dumpty together? That is how I feel about the QB coach.

5. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Cavanaugh should've been fired along with Schotty. However, this falls all on Mark.

6. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

As much as I've supported Sanchez in the past, it's too late for him. There isn't any amount of personnel changes (coaching or otherwise) that can make Sanchez a good quarterback in New York. They might even have to suck up the $8 million for next year.

7. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Amazing to think that asshole collects a 6 figure paycheck. God I hate this team

8. wildaces

wildaces Banned

fixed for you

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cavanaugh is a Bill Walsh disciple. His credibility was established before the Sanchez experiment.

Sanchez's failure is because of Sanchez's lack of cortex.

10. GM_Davenport

GM_Davenport New Member

Evolution takes time. It took decades for the black man to be intelligent enough to play quarterback, I expect a similar lag for Mexican heritage. That's not being racist, just logic.

No, that's being racist. Since it took decades for "the black man" to be intelligent enough to play QB, lets see how long it takes for you to figure out why you got banned. 1 month

#10 GM_Davenport, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  11. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I highly doubt he's being coached to pump fake and throw the ball into triple coverage.

What do you want a coach to do? The guy sucks. There's no fixing terrible.

12. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

inb4 ban

bye

13. GM_Davenport

GM_Davenport New Member

For what, following statistics?

14. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

LOL Made me laugh.

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Come one guys....would Brady be Brady..a 6th round pick if it were not for his QB coach...yes.

Sanchez could have had Montana, Marino, Bradshaw and 5 other greats on the sidelines with him and it wouldnt make a difference. A guy either can see the field or he cant.

Mark cant see the field..end of story. Guys come into the league and that comes slowly but 4 years later and its worse? He done...at least here.

16. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

As a coach it's your job to find the flaws in your student and improve on them. If anything Sanchez has gotten worse every year. Some blame must be put on the QB coach for not figuring out a way to improve your student in any facet of his game. It definitely falls on Sanchez predominantly, that goes without saying, but I still feel that Cavanaugh needs to take some of the criticism for showing a complete lack of execution in his job.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Huge mistake keeping him. The Jets should fire Cavanaugh in the morning. I'm not saying its entirely his fault Sanchez sucks. But reality is, is that our QB is horrible and he is the QB coach, who is largely responsible for his development and mechanics. Namely, the Sanchez pump fake to the guy he is throwing the ball too. That is something Cavanaugh needs to jump on.

Fire him by the time we wake up.

18. TurkJetFan

This. He doesn't coach it, but the fact that it continues is out of control and it is the responsibility of our QB coach to manage the coaching of the QB. The QB has not improved but regressed dramatically. Again, not entirely his fault but the fact is, is that this is literally his primary responsibility and it's a piece of shit.

19. TurkJetFan

So we should keep this QB coach who has a horrid track record? No. There is no logic in keeping a QB coach because the QB himself is terrible and has drastically regressed. That makes little to no sense at all.

20. Graytness

Graytness Member

No, please don't fire Cavanaugh before the end of the season. That will be one more thing the Sanchez Defenders For Life Club can add to the list. If it's not one thing, it's another...well, except for the fact that he just lacks the tools and the mental toughness to be a QB in the NFL.