5 things to watch this year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSNNEERS, Sep 3, 2006.

1. JETSNNEERS

JETSNNEERS Banned

1. defense transition to the 3-4, how do you guys think vilma will adapt to the 3-4? i hope he does a better job then ray lewis did
    2. play of the wide recievers- can coles step and be the man again or will mccarians or cothcery step up their game and become soild threats for our passing game, or could they just continue to suck and catch passes with a 5.0ypc
    3. qb play- it was very shaky last year and we don't how chad will hold up behind the young o-line and even if he does can he make all the nfl throws? it will be intriguing to see how long the coaching staff will stick with him if he struggles with kellen clemens and ramsey wating
    4. our easy schedule-i strongly belive that if we gel and play good football with our easy schedule we can win 10 games, call me crazy but with games against the titans and the brown stains we got a pretty easy ride
    5.factors yet to be determined- what i mean by this is how will the ball bounce, will we get lucky like 2 years ago and get a ton of turnovers, or will it be like last year when every time the ball was snapped my heart skipped a beat because i was worried about the center to qb exchange, hopefully lady luck turns kelly green come next week

just a few thoughts, tell me what you think.....ps anyone watch my mountaineers and setevy slaton -he's ganna be a stud

2. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I strongly believe that is unlikely. We are looking at a top 10 pick this year.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i would say top 15 actually...we will have a chance to make the playoffs going into the last few weeks of the season..

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

With what running game? Pennington couldn't produce a TD in how many chances this preseason? Jerricho Cotchery as our #2 wide reciever? Don't have a true nose tackle...

We'll be lucky if we make a 5-11...maybe 6-10 season.

I don't even want to here the Jets and playoffs in the same sentence.

I'm not even a darksider...but be realistic...

5. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I feel the same way. I'll be surprised if they manage to win more than 6 games this season.

The schedule may seem easy, but the Jets aren't much better than the worst team they play. I don't even consider the Texans or Titans sure wins with this current Jets team. I'm not a darksider either, but this is a rebuilding team...expecting a 7 or 8 win season is abit unreasonable IMO.

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

pick number one baby....CJ is ours.

7. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

This year is a "wash" Perhaps we can dream next year.

8. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

I was just saying to someone that 6-10 is a likely scenario. Anything over that and Mangini is the real deal. The best we can hope for is 8-8, and again, Mangini will have worked a miracle especially with this personnel and the change of schemes.

9. steviep

steviep Active Member

The NFL is a weird league. Its not like baseball -- in the NFL you truly do not know.

We were so bad last year -- why would you think that we will be worse? Will we use 5qbs this year? Will our entire O Line be hurt? Will we give games away because we are unprepared?

I think that we can win 9.

10. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

I'm not much of a homer, nor a dark sider. But I believe any team can have a shot if they are run properly. Steviep is making a good point. The Jets suffered a ton of losses last year, and I believe we are at a better depth now then last year. Also to say we don't have a nose tackle blah blah blah, is not going to be the reason we don't make the playoffs. They are 11 men on the field from the same team at the same time. No team has a perfect defense or offense, but the good ones now how to capitalize, I can see us finishing as well as 9-7 or worst as 6-10, but i don't think we'll make the playoffs just because of our division.

11. canuckgreenandwhite

canuckgreenandwhite New Member

5-11, 6-10 is realistic. there is too much "newness" on our team, from mangini to tanenbaum to the question marks on offense to the new defense 3-4, we seriously can't expect much more than that.

12. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

we won 4 games last year, i dont see how we wont be better. the schedule appears easier, we have a serviceable back up. the oline is better.

i just dont see how we can be worse.

13. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

The Jets last year were supposed to be SB bound. After the first game we all realized the wheels had come off and it was the worst year since 1996.

Managini has worked this team hard and wants/needs an early victory in order for this team to buy into his system. If the Jets get a victory in Tenn then there is a good chance they will win 8 or more games. If they lose and look bad then it is going to be a very long season.

Put me down for a win in Tenn and an 8 win season.

14. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

It isn't impossible for us to win 8 but, it sounds like some of you guys need to put the crack pipe down. 10 wins and playoff runs? No way. Inconsistant is going to be the key word of the season. Unfinished drives and mental errors will be our worst enemy. I am expecting lots of good ideas, but not much execution.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pennington played against a tough Bucs D and tough Giants D.

I don't think you are being fair with that example.

The other 2 make sense.

Anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6 would not shock me.

16. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

i completely agree we were supposed to win it all last year...anything can happen... we didnt lose much this year really besides our oline who didnt even play last year... and i believe we are better coached...anything can happen