AFC Divisional Round Playoff CHAMPIONS... 2 years in a row

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by alleycat9, Dec 6, 2012.

?

Does it matter that we were AFC Divisional Round Playoff CHAMPIONS in 09 and 10

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    47.3%
  3. WTF is the AFC Divisional Round Playoff Championship?

34 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Week 14 Jacksonville 2-11 Round Champions!! One year in a row! 17-10...unsung heroes!

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wait didnt we beat them last year too? its a WINNING STREAK!!! northern florida jaguar championship back 2 BACK

although we seem to be falling though, we beat them 32-3 last year and only 17-10 today.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as a divisional round champion??? you just win the divisional round...you dont get a trophy or a banner...

so in essence the whole question is moot.

4. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

I thought this thread was satirical then I realized it was just dumb.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It does matter because thats how we judge a head coach, For instance look at Andy Reid he hasn't gone on a playoff run in like 10 years but he is still there head coach, Guys it is not easy to have success in this league consistintly thats why there is only 4 or 5 teams that always make the playoffs every single year, And another reason it matters is because it proves to me Rex can coach and he can have success doing it, It doesn't say a thing about Sanchez because we made it there despite him

6. alleycat9

it amazes me everytime i see andy reid on the sideline. i honestly would have gotten rid of him 5 years ago. the continual slow start and then winning a couple games at the end of the year to just miss or just make the playoffs saved him so many times.

when he used to have mcnabb throw the ball 55 times and only run 8 it used to drive me bananas. im definitely not an andy reid fan.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think what we're seeing right now is Rex taking the reigns, not just on D, but on offense as well. Conservative ground and pound. And it worked. That's Rex's signature since he first arrived. We strayed away from it last season and it bit us in the ass. The running game has looked decent lately. Rex wants to do it his way because it worked for us in the past, plus these teams are all near the bottom in rushing defense. San Diego will be a challenge.

#87 Barcs, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This team needs two head coaches, One who controls the offense and Rex can control the defense, Rex has no buisness being in an offensive meeting room, He has no buisness giving ideas to the offense, It makes sense why our offense sucks though, Rex is good at stopping offenses including our own

9. alleycat9

i think thats everyone realizing out qb cant throw the ball, at all period. and that even against the worst defense in the league he is completely incompetent.

luckily it was the worst defense in the league and we were able to run it, but if you remember correctly thats only happened a few times this year. and it wasnt against any fantastic defenses.