I'm Not Celebrating the Sanchez Benching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dr.velociraptor, Dec 3, 2012.

1. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I think he trolls on purpose to the point that he doesn't even believe what he says. It's all for the ratings, he's developed a personality of being a sports troll.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Sanchez has been so bad that it is simply more realistic that Tebow would have performed better than Sanchez. For fuck's sake, Sanchez is 32 out of 34 in the league. There was nowhere to go but up with any QB that replaced Sanchez, Tebow or otherwise.

beyond that, even last year, the much maligned Tebow had a higher QB rating than Sanchez has this year. it may be only 2% higher, but Sanchez has been so shitty that a 2% improvement at the QB position would have been a significant improvement.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

who brought this guy?

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

accidentally, it seems I'm not the only one. Was listening to Namath on my way home. The topic, of course was Jets QB situation. Namath also mentioned that he thinks that QB decisions are influenced from above. He specifically qualified that he has no inside knowledge. His exact word was that he has "a feeling". Still interesting and if his feeling is right than my speculation is not too far-fetched.

5. endydee

endydee Active Member

If that is how you feel, fine. How many of Eli's turnovers were red zone interceptions? How many games did Eli's turnovers cost the Giants points and wins? Oh yeah, how many Super Bowls has Eli won? I am a Jets fan, and damn glad Sanchez has been handed the clipboard. Can't wait until he's handed the pink slip, and shown the door.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

In the short run the focus here is on the next game, and this week specifically on who will start at Qb. There is still the very slim mathematical possibility the Jets can make the playoffs (although I don't really think about that more than I just did), and also to see how the roster does in playing out the season. But at some point I think the forum will take a look in hindsight at the Tebow trade and what it was all about.

On one hand I don't trust everything Ryan says by a long shot. That includes being skeptical all along about this so called plan to integrate Tebow into a Sanchez led offense. But maybe in fact there was a plan, and that was that Tebow was never going to be the starter, and they would try and work Tebow in when and where it made sense to do so.

Of course as a plan that was not much of one, but it has gone down the way it has to at least some extent because when he has gotten the ball, Tebow has done next to nothing with it. Maybe the plan was really an experiment, and the experiment failed.

All that aside, and looking at it objectively, it was always going to be an issue in bringing in an O that would be tailored to Sanchez, and then considering changing up that O mid season to bring in Tebow, as would be necessary to make that change. Even the Tebots here, if they care to address the point, would not say that Tebow can and should run the same O as the Jets have now. That's not what Denver did last year.

Add in that McElroy is much better suited to run the current Jet O than Tebow is, and that he's accurate and shows promise.

To what extent was Tebow being injured a factor? I think it provided a certain amount of cover, but that doesn't address what Ryan would have done if Tebow were not injured. I don't really know, but my guess is Ryan would not have put Tebow in even if he were fully healthy.

#86 Big Blocker, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Agreed. If Tebow was going to play, it would have happened already. We have seen who wanted Tebow here and who didn't.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

exactly! they down grade him because he was a 7th round pick. brady was 6th round pick. montana, who some say is amongst best of all time, was 3rd round. unitas was cut by steelers and picked up off sandlot by the colts.

let the guy play and see what you have. you might be surprised. at least you're not shoving $30 million his way since he joined the team to be an interception and fumble machine........:rofl:

9. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

Yeah, I really hate the reasoning that "He'll be terrible because that's what his draft report says." Sheesh, if there's one truism in the NFL, you don't know how a player will perform until he actually plays. Give McElroy the job until the end of the season. Let's see if he's got something.