Rex Ryan = Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 22, 2012.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets have had no shows every season since Rex has been here.

Probably one of my biggest problems with him.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we did every year under parcells too.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Rex is a bigger clown than Edwards. Unreal.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

No shows? I don't understand that. So because the team didn't execute that means they no showed? If we lost and played bad, just say we lost and played bad. It's not because they didn't show up. That shit is laughable.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Legendary coaches had no show games too...Rex's teams simply have regressed each year and its one of those cases where talent served him well with his defensive coaching...But even good coaches find ways to figure out how to win with little talent.

How is it that certain teams even without talent find ways to have winning seasons?

6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

And at today's press conference, he talked again about the playoffs.

Hey Skippy,.......dream/think/worry about playing Arizona this week. Thats your Super Bowl. Period.

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

Rex can't control how our defenders play after the ball is snapped. He calls the right plays, if the defenders get beat you can't put that on him. There's barely any talent on this team. And I've been seeing this "Mark gives us the best chance to win" thing get ridiculous with some of you. Ever thought that Rex is actually saying the truth? I mean, he does know a lot more about this team than ANY of us. Maybe he doesn't see the God Tebow tearing it up? Maybe. He's not saying that Sanchez is a beast, he's saying that he's the best QB on the team. Maybe he knows that our defense wont be able to hold opponents to 15 points like Denver did last year until Tebow finally took his head out of his ass and started playing. Maybe he knows that.

#27 NFL, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  8. NFL

NFL Active Member

Like?

9. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Terrible thread idea

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Are you so sure about our defense?

Look at some of the blowout games we lost.

49ers: We held them for the most part until the offense started to fumble balls/throw interceptions.

Seahawks: Once again, we were playing a competitive game until Mark Sanchez screwed things up.

Patriots: Same thing again. Mark Sanchez doesn't throw that redzone INT, things are a lot different.

I think our defense would do just fine with either Tebow or McElroy. They are the LEAST of our problems.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Except that the Jets went like 7-2 after Herm said that and then won a playoff game against Peyton Manning.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The Cardinals team that nearly won the SB? They obviously had a super talented WR and got great QB play but that was not an overly talented team. We saw how talented the players around Peyton Manning were last year when they went form a 12-4 13-3 type team to a 2 win team... does one player make that much difference? How about the 1st Pats team that won the SB in 2001? 5-11 the year before with a bunch of Jet castoffs. Would you look at this years Bengals team and say they are talented because they are knocking at the playoffs....

13. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

You know we're fucked when people are asking for herm back....

14. NFL

NFL Active Member

Those QBs MAKE their players play great. Put Brady or Manning on this team and we would be sitting high. Dalton has weapons and Warner is also a game manager + he had a future HOF receiver.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Exactly look at the Packers they had a huge no show last night, So did the Steelers with 8 turnovers

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Sanchez threw the pick, but our defense let them drive down 80 yards. I live our defense, but they are not anywhere in the level where they could carry on offense.

17. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I call BS. Great defensive minds--I hate to say this but Bellidick is the perfect example--make what they have work. They design schemes to maximize their players potential and put them in the right place to succeed. Most importantly, they scheme to accentuate their strengths and cover their weaknesses. Any coach that requires great players just to avoid getting blown out is a mediocrity at best.* The sad truth is that Rex is being exposed right now. I've never thought he was great, but he almost convinced me those first two years..... turns out the naysayers were right.

*- isn't this the argument against Sanchez? That without a good supporting cast he can't rise to the occasion? Right? So why is Sanchez guilty of mediocrity when he needs a good supporting cast to look good but Rex gets a pass because we looks like fools because we are playing with injuries? Not to mention this is largely a team he built whereas Sanchez isn't the GM/HC.

18. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

There is a difference, yes, but allowing the other team to set all time scoring records for a single quarter of football is not showing up in my book. By that landmark we could have fielded a college team and had comparable results. Think about it.

And I would disagree with the poster who said we had no shows every year of BPs tenure. We had times we were handily beaten, but this team fought. They were passionate, tough, well coached, and so on. Even when we lost with BP I felt better about this team than some of the wins under Rex (like that Miami game we won because their kicker suddenly seemed to go blind and lame earlier this year). I might be wrong, but I would like someone to show me at least one game, per year, where we looked anywhere as bad as we did this Turkey Day under Rex. I don't think you'll find more than one, let alone one per year.

19. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

i was never embarrassed by herm the worm. did i think he was a good coach? no.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Rex didn't bring Tebow in, if that's what your talking about. that was all Woody. if Rex brought him in, he would have been the starter after the 3-5 start.