Will Sanchez ever live down the video?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Yup. It's hard for a player on the Patriots to be underrated, but Wilfork doesn't get enough credit -- he's a monster, and his presence keys their entire pass rush.

That's bullshit. Sometimes offensive linemen are going to get beaten, and badly. It happens.

On the other hand, a QB should never turn the wrong way on a handoff, then put his head down and sprint aimlessly into the line, all without thinking to secure the ball. That doesn't happen.

The whole play is really a microcosm of Sanchez's career. Making a bad situation worse.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol I don't even understand why he would go for a slide there. It is like he decides what is appropriate for the situation and does the exact opposite.

If the situation calls to slide he dives head first. In this situation it would have been best just to dive down head first and he tries to slide. It is amazing.

Of course we have all seen him hold onto the ball and take a sack when he should throw it away, and conversely try to throw it away and fumbles when he should just take the sack.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I did not find it ridiculous at all. In fact, it should not have even been ruled a fumble. Greene was stretching for an extra half yard on the spot, but really his forward progress had been stopped. It actually would have been correct for the refs to have blown the play dead at that point.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What, and give up all these?

[YOUTUBE]Yw11W0o0ST8[/YOUTUBE]

No way, man. No way.

And watching this live on national TV? Priceless.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes but the come the end of this season Woody will pull some kind of pub stunt ala TT & the majority of the fans will buy in to it & the ugly cycle will just repeat itself again next season. The reason that will happen is our fans do not have the ability to see the forest from the trees at least IMHO :sad:

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That play defines Sanchez to a tee. Why not throw the ball away?

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And get 5 yard penalty? That's a better option in a retrospect, but if he had done that, we all would be calling out why he sucks so much too.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you do realize that moore pushed wilfork 3 yards downfield and then got pushed to a stop at which point mark ran into him... then he fell. moore didnt get blown up he pushed wilfork back but wilfork decided to push back and he stopped suddenly.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

many years down the road when Mark is a backup on the raiders or 49ers, or in the CFL..... we will still look back on this video and shake our heads as everyone else laughs.

10. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Actually he made the right decision, he just Sanchized the scenario.

Imagine that he broke off a nice 10 yard gain...? I doubt you would be saying he made the wrong decision.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Looks like an old Buster Keaton skit, Cman

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The end result may be comical but the problem with the play is not the end result but what Sanchez does when he is under pressure. He panics, lowers his head, runs blindly until he hits something or something hits him.

This is the reason Sanchez was sacked at the alarming rate of 24% of time he was pressured last year while the O line gave up the 5th least hits and 12th least pressures in the league. It is the deer in the headlights problem he has had his entire career. Whats unique about this play is it illustrates so vividly what happens when Sanchez becomes confused and panics he either sits in place doing nothing shuffling his feet waiting to be hit or he runs blindly with his head down until something hits him. Like the deer in the headlights when he gets hits running blindly it is generally not pleasant for him. So, yes as you suggest, Sanchez could have run with his eyes closed for a 10 yard gain but more often than he will run into something he should have avoided and we end up with a less than desirable result.

#52 Noam, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  13. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I'm not gonna fault sanchez for not giving on the play and trying to get positive yardage

you take that away from him and you diminish his enthusiasm for the game and the dynamic quality that make him what he is

14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Mark playing with his eyes closed, that would explain his interception rate as well.

15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

You are such a tool. LOL That dynamic quality you speak of is called SUCK!!!

16. BJXX

BJXX New Member

There are alot of people on here who "imagine" Sanchez is a good QB even though reality is butt slapping them in the face.

The fact is he DIDN'T break off a 10 yard gain, instead he face planted into his lineman's butt and fumbled. That's what happened, no imagination required.

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

18. june19

june19 Active Member

Well said my men, bravo! :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

19. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The guy is struggling to perform. I am not saying anything about that.

I was telling people that this video proves that Mark has anxiety/panic issues. Instead of reasonably assessing the situation, he realized the play was broken, panicked and reacted - running for his life.

Maybe he needs to move on to another city, calm down, relax, train, let the game slow down for him, and try and regain any confidence from the NFL and its audience that he can. Maybe he can rebound here in NYC as a NYJ - his time is nearly run out, though.

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Also, you missed the point. One of the posters said Sanchez should have thrown the ball away. I am saying he made the correct decision. That is all.