tannnybum must go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mr nyjet, Aug 18, 2012.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I want to point something out about the drafts the Jets have had with Rex and Mike T so far... the Jets have been criticized a fair bit but lets look at the positions they're drafting in round 1 and 2, the "impact" rounds, rather than the players to see where their head is...

2009: 1) QB - Centerpiece of the franchise.
    2010: 1) CB - Rex says fastest way to lose game is through bad CB play. 2) OL - Games are won and lost in the trenches.
    2011: 1) DE - See 2010 2. 2) NT - See 2010 2.
    2012: 1) DE - See 2010 2. 2) WR - A deep threat for Sanchez whose going to be around for a while.

It's fair to say that all the choices in this group have yet to be outstanding or even good, and it's been a bit slower than people would like... but consider this... 7 picks in 8 years, the Jets get a franchise QB, a big fast target for the franchise QB, and spend 57% of their "impact" picks on trench guys.

The specific individuals might not live up to snuff... but I believe the plan is an absolutely solid one. When you look at the bigger picture of what Rex and Tanny are doing they're building in the right places. They are using their top picks to get players in positions that help win (or not lose) football games.

The reason I believe this is so important is because if they continue this pattern over the long run then the Jets are going to be a very dangerous team for many years to come.

There will always be decisions you can question by Tanny but this is true of just about every GM in the league. No team is perfect, every team makes mistakes.

Tanny is the man, and I'm glad he's the Jets GM. Rex is the man, and I'm glad he's the Jets HC.

2. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

David Wilson >> Shonn Greene

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

call me a darksider if you want. flame away! i saw this team win a super bowl live. it's been 43 years since then. i am sick of waiting. i will repeat the opening of this thread in view of today's game.

i go back to what i said during the summer. start mcelroy and get rid of tanneybum.

btw: the rams are 2-2 under shotty. is he a genius? or, do the rams have a better staff picking the draft choices, in addition to the offensive coordinator?

the jets should clean house at the gm and scouting dept. sparano and sanchez should go also. with the trade deadline at week 8, the jets should be sellers. however , with the albatross contracts tannenbum gave to sanchez and holmes and scott, good luck getting even a 7th. :sad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

But it's going downhill fast. Not a good draft guru for sure...only good with numbers and NOT talent.

5. al_toon_88

Tannenbaum is a fat hack. Quick reasons to can him:

Drafting Sanchez
    Extending Sanchez
    Santonio Holmes 50 M contract
    Trading up for Keller
    Trading up for Shonn Greene
    Kyle Wilson
    E. Smith
    No pass rushing talent
    No backup C on roster (Baltimore Ravens debacle last year)
    Wayne Hunter
    Vlad Ducasse in the 2nd round
    No playmakers at WR
    No playmakers at RB
    Old, slow LB corps that couldn't cover a fire hydrant
    50-year old starting safety (Bell)
    Zero hits on mid-to-late round picks, or picks totally wasted (Scotty McKnight, John Conner, etc.)
    Bragging about Caleb Schlauderaff
    Assembling a roster of bums with marginal talent, zero heart and no will to win, who get physically dominated week in and week out

#125 al_toon_88, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. VegasMav

Damn...nice researh...post of the year!

7. mr nyjet

i agree. post of the year. btw, on the post game show, schein said the team tried to replace the qb coach, but nobody would take the job!

what does that tell you about sanchez? plus, clinksdales left. what does that say about the bradway/tanny show in the front office?

you can't coach what you don't have.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Have absolutely no idea what was "researched..."

A lot of that is fair though.

9. mr nyjet

yes, it is. as for the roster, isn't the tuna right when he says " i go by what i see" ?

i think most of us watching this team see the same things wrong.

some are still in shock, or denial. :sad:

10. mr nyjet

hey, woody! I don't care if you read this board, or a member of the coaching staff ( pettine), or your wife calls it to your attention.

I have one question: ARE YOU BLIND OR JUST STUPID?

11. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

santonio quitting on the team and then not getting cut is all i needed to know about tannenbaum

#131 luckiestman, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  12. al_toon_88

NE has Tom Brady and they draft Ryan Mallett in the 3rd.

We have Sancho and sit back, adding Greg McElroy and Chris Simms to the mix, trade a 4th and 6th for Tebow and play him at WR.

13. mr nyjet

brady was a 6th round pick.

why continue to start suckchise when your other 3 guys never see the field?

it's not like any one of them can look any worse! I saw better qbs playing ( than suckchise) on cfl and ufl games.

cut the baloney and get his turnover-prone azz out of the lineup.:mad:

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

11 games now and 187 points scored by the offense. They are on pace for 272 points for the season. If you remove the 34 points they scored on opening day in what seems like a lifetime ago they have scored 153 points in 10 games, a showing that is as bad as any Jets team since the mid 90's.

The reason the Jets are bad though is that the defense has disappointed as well. They looked like a 250 pts allowed unit going into the season but they gave up 28 points to the Bills game one and haven't looked all that good for more than a game here and there.

The Jets defense has now allowed 253 points on the season in 11 games. They're on pace to allow 368 points. The Jets as a team are on a pace to allow 421 pts. That would be the worst points allowed total since 1995. It would be the second worst points allowed total since 1975.

We're talking a historically bad Jets team here right now, with a couple of extra wins caused by the Fins driving desire to lose their first matchup and the Rams overall ineptitude last Sunday.

This is Kotite territory folks. We're not just a bad team we're a historically bad Jets team.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

It's easy to see the lack of depth on this team just looking at how special teams has struggled. Those guys are made from your backups and bottom half of the draft. Yet they cut most of the late round draftees and the early picks are projects. You can waste picks on projects in key positions. Ducasse and hill were not the best options in the second round. They have given up offensive weapons every season with Sanchez at QB and they wonder why the offense struggles. #1 red zone offense last year and this year gaining a 8 yards in 8 ate is a fucking mystery.

This all falls on Tanny drafts and the thought that Sporano, who has never called an offensive game, was the answer. That leads to the entire organization thinking this team is ground and pound when the stats and talent clearly shows this team wasn't running the ball well, wasn't blocking as well, and lost to many offensive weapons to be effective.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Two months later and I can't believe I wrote the post at the top of this page.

What a season.

17. TheGreenCantona

So Rex put the D together and Tanny the rest? . . . hmmm

It is clear that we do not have had much luch/skills in building a team. Tanny is responsible for that.
    After you change GM, he decides on the strategy and if Rex fits that startegy. Accountability.
    Hard to blame Sparano without looking at Rex.

18. VegasMav

Woody is both blind AND stupid. Even looks stupid with his Jets cap on...trying to make a fashion statement with his suit.

The prick doesn't know shit about football and all he cares about is the money and not the trophy. Worst owner ever...IMO.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U should have listen to me then before the season began instead of flaming me :sad:

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Tannenbaum is a clown. He preached character during the Mangini years. Now he acquires players like Santonio Holmes, Kenrick Ellis, Aaron Berry and Plaxico Burress. I understand the GM has to work with the head coach, but completely changing your own core philosophy on the type of players you want to bring aboard as a GM? Ridiculous. If this clown stuck to his original principles, Holmes and his bloated contract would not be on this team.

You'd think the Holmes contract blowing up in his face would have made Tannenbaum go back to the character era, but the Berry signing shows us otherwise.