Rex should resign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 22, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How do you prepare for players fumbling the ball and throwing it in the air??? These are professional athletes who have to take accountability for the lack of awarness on the field. Rex can't stop an idiot from fumbiling ,Preparation has nothing to do with players fumbling the ball 4 plays in a row

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Henne was a 2nd round pick and not an early one.

Parcells followed all the rules in taking him, he just didn't evaluate his talent level well. Henne was still a 4 year starter at one of the biggest programs in the country.

Where he was drafted, #57 in the 2nd round, is well past the beginning of the QB dead zone in the draft. You almost never get a talented guy who is going to play for you for a bunch of years in that dead zone although you often get the opportunity to take a Chad Henne or a Colt McCoy or a Russell Wilson who gives you a year or two of acceptable play until the film rolls in and everybody re-discovers why they didn't get snapped up by the 36th pick or so.

#62 Br4d, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This is another thing, when all the fans drove Mangini out of town, do fans realize that the guy was strict and particular with what he deemed successful. His vision insisted on bringing in "Mangini Players" which were made up of high character players with talent to boot. That vision helped mold this team into a very disciplined team with structure.

Clearly that wasn't good enough for the majority of Jets fans, and he was ran out of town.

So now I'm sitting here wondering what what the fuck is actually going to please this fan base. It's driving me crazy.

I know I don't work for the NFL but I'm a firm believer in continuity and consistent coaching in order to be a top notch super bowl contending team but I'm starting to realize tht with this fan base that's never going to fucking happen.

#63 IIMeanDeanII, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

tuna yanked qbs from the game if they played like suckchise . he took away playcalling from weis and peyton when he didn't like what they were calling.

and, you're right in that there is no way either tuna or polihan would have traded up and/or drafted suckchise in the first place. pete carroll was right.

now, pull that disaster and put in McElroy and let's see if nick saban knows more that soprano does. hell, go back to the 60s and let the qb call his own plays.

that alone, whether tebow or McElroy would be an improvement over rex and soprano.
    running a woody hayes offense in the 21st century- what a bunch of idiots!

5. mr nyjet

you mean the guy who bombed the Texans last sunday in j-ville's game?

he played much better than suckchise for any game in the past two years.

6. IIMeanDeanII

Nah man, a losing season is a losing season. You are going to fault a guy for his swagger and confidence? If you are the leader of this team and you are that confident, it is naturally going to trickle down to the players and they will feed off of that. It happened the first two years here and as far as I'm concerned it's never stopped even last year at 8-8, I think they over achieved and probably should have lost more given the players on the roster last year.

This year I believe it even more. I honestly feel with all the injuries and lack of talent on this team right now, I really think we could be a one win team with many other coaches at the helm. I do believe that the players are fighting as hard as they can for their coach but the talent just isn't there and the heart of these players obviously are not enough at this point.

7. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Banned

And they'd still be saying that "Mark gives us the best chance to win."

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The writing is starting to go on the wall for Rex. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sent packing with Tanny.

9. mr nyjet

we all know that he gives us the best chance to lose.

as felger of csne always says: make him move the ball in small chunks and he will mess up sooner or later.

10. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Banned

That's what teams are doing to the Lions this year as well and lo and behold, the Lions are going nowhere like the Jets.

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Because Parcells was a genius with QB's, picking Scott Brunner over Phil Simms and thinking that Rick Mirer was a competent backup ?????

12. mr nyjet

rex says we're wounded not dead? if he sticks with suckchise, the he IS brain dead!

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Again, Mark gives us the best chance to win. We have great practices. I have faith in the players.

14. IIMeanDeanII

He absolutely does though. I don't care how many fans call for Tebow, praying for some sort of miracle that is going to magically make him a good QB because it's not going to happen. He is not better than Sanchez at QB, that's a fact, so Rex is stuck with Sanchez whether he likes it or not.

He is only being honest about the situation, I don't think you have noticed but I think Rex realizes Sanchez is not the answer because he no longer talks about how good he is or that he thinks he is a elite QB waiting to happen. The best compliment he gives Sanchez now a days is that he gives this team the best chance to win out of the three QBs on the roster.

That is not a ringing endorsement from a head coach.

15. mr nyjet

brunner got pulled and so did mirer. at no point did I hear tuna say: mirer gives us the best chance to win, i'm sticking with mirer.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's true but outside Gabbert and Cassell is there a worse QB in the league then Mark? Outplaying him isn't exactly hard to do for any competent NFL QB. Watch how well Charlie Batch operates for the Steelers this week. He won't make nearly as many mistakes as Sanchez and he's a 3rd string QB.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

He didn't lose this team,if he did they wouldn't had come out after halftime and keep playing. It not Rex fault they turn the ball over 5 times. Plus it not Rex fault that they have no talent on this team. Tannsucks need to go.

18. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

individual players can still have pride

rex reminds me too much of buddy, i think that is why i see this show going nowhere for a while

19. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Banned

Rex needs to do something to get Mark motivated. Obviously, handing him the starting job on a silver platter isn't working. At least with Tebow we could run 90% of the time and cut down on stupid RZ interceptions.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Couldn't that also mean u have no talent? Name me one coach who would be great with this Jet team?