So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Those and the two Super Bowl rings he won with the Chargers in an alternate universe.

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Nope, Rex is the main problem buddy. A much as it hurts to say because I was a fan and I personally like the guy but he and the Jets are in a downward slide. And Rex IS in change of the QB's. He is in charge of everything. He is the HC. And he is a walking excuse machine for his inability to get this team to play tough disciplined football.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

One of the worst things a head coach can say after a loss is how great the team practiced.

Kotite went that route a number of times.

Eric Mangini did it after the Seahawks game in 2008.

Ryan did it last night.

I don't give a shit about practice!

Games are what matter.

Does Ryan want a box of cookies as a prize for conducting great practices?

4. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I don't have as much as a problem with MT. I don't mind giving him another coach. I think we have a quality roster by and large. The Pats have taken many more picks than us and the Roster quality, besides the QB position is very similar. I would say probably better for us.

The shame about Sanchez is that if he ends up on a team with a good staff that can develop him I think he will end up being pretty good.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sadly, I think both of their fortunes are linked. I disagree on the roster quality as I see too many holes that need immediate attention. Tanny owns this issue and I think recognizes that as he didn't trade away all of our DP's trying to move up or couldn't find a willing partner.

Either way, unless Rex does something truly stupid again (another video/finger/foot in mouth episode or some such), it will take another collapse for him to go before Tannenbaum. So far this season, we're seeing the beginning of the end without the implosion and the FO/CS will feel the heat of the empty seat syndrome.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If Rex starts the baby against Seattle, he should be gone this offseason.

As for Tanny, I'm not real savvy on general management. However, I know that he didn't acknowledge our anemic offense during the draft, instead going after defensive players.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

RR should get another year but Tannenbaum should be gone and how about ripping apart that scouting dept.

8. Cman68

That entire group has been in place far too long. Bradway should have been replaced by now and apparently all those talent evaluators in the field perhaps should be upgraded as well.

9. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

that's cause you are a fan and come at this from an emotional angle

for guys who have experience with the game especially in coaching they know that they have little control over the outcome at times. the only thing they can control is the process. When the process is right, the results will come

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You are missing the whole point.

The garbage need not be said. There is no reason to brag about practices to the media and the fans.

If Ryan thinks the practices are great, then he does not need to change a thing. Now we will see if the results will come. If they don't come, he'll get fired this winter or next season.

11. Cman68

Don't forget this is a franchise that is still hanging its hat on two consecutive AFCCG losses. It shouldn't surprise you that they'll hang their hats on practices too.

#151 Cman68, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  12. O'Brien#7

O'Brien#7 New Member

I really like Rex but he also hired Sparano as the OC. Ryan might be better as a career defensive coordinator.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Haven't you heard? The Jets *True Record this year is 37-11. That is good enough to lead the AFC at this time.

*True Record is defined as quality practices + regular season games + (preseason games/2)

14. Cman68

^That's some funny shit right there..

15. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Good point. They did inherit quite a bit from previous regimes. It seems like this is a sinking ship. Here's to rebuilding...again.

16. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Cakes, nice to see you back on form!!

I think main issue is that Rex seems to learn little from his mistakes and his bluster is becoming cringe worthy at times. His presser on Sunday was frankly pathetic, it showed a guy who is floundering in my eyes....too many times we look unprepared and badly coached...that is the most worrying issue.

Lack of talent is one thing but the lackof intensity , hurry up offense when doen 17 pts, special teams breakdowns all comes down to the coaching staff.

I think this season is going to get a hell of a lot worse....Thankgiving could be a puke inducer if Brady has his way with us!

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Three signs Tanny was done:

1. Publicly letting it known we wanted Manning.
    2. Giving the guy he just had tried to replace an extension
    3. Trading for another QB to look pretty and sell tickets, but never intend him to play the position

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Woody understands that most of the NYJs fans do not assess the team but see it only thru there heart which is why he can pull the wool over the fans eyes time & time again. As a example see Tebow! :sad:

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, as I stated here or in a different thread, the Ryan press conferences after losses are getting scary. He is starting to sound like Rich Kotite and Eric Mangini of December 2008.

Who cares about the lack of intensity and the offense taking its sweet time when down by a large margin in the second half? As Sanchez said, they are having fun out there. As fans that is all we can hope for and expect. Right?

I know I'm sure as hell satisfied that Sanchez is having fun.

#159 Cakes, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex has until the moment we see #6 on the field against Seattle.