So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. DanR

DanR Active Member

What???????

He deserves one more QB?? well he should've got a qualified backup QB. He's had 4 seasons to do so.

He's gone with 40 year old Mark Brunell and Tim Tebow.

C'mon

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Precisely, they need to fire Tannenbaum now though and put Cohen at interim so they can do some interviews.

fuck Rex too. Even when he had a championship caliber team, there were games when they absolutely didn't show up. Games like today have happened every season Rex has been here.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You guys think Woody Johnson will learn from this?

Or will he continue to be an awful owner? One day I hope he realizes that you win football games not by the headline moves you make, but how you build the football team

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

when no one shows up to games, that is when the owner will listen. Right now he is cashing the $$$$$$

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Never thought the day would come where people want Rex out. I agree though, as a team were more lost than ever.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

fixed your post :up:

7. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

guys, give rex a break...every wants to bring in cowher to coach the team. in 15 years w/ the steelers he only got them one super bowl...y do u believe it would any different w/ the jets? all i am saying is give rex a chance...you can't be changing guarding every 4-5 years except to win a superbowl...

8. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Any hot coaching candidates at the College Football level?

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

And that's the cycle we are in. Coaches stay if you a) win a SB, b) get a top tier QB. We haven't had either the last 10 years. Look at Mike Smith in Atlanta. He has 0 playoff wins in 3 trips to the playoffs in 4 years. In NY he might be being pushed out the door before he gets to his 5th season. Look at Coughlin. Out the door until Eli makes the magical run. Norv, stayed there forever because of Rivers.

That's seems to be the formula and we don't have either right now.

10. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

If Rex stays Tanny must go..

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I've read this line so many times. Cowher had the Steelers constantly knocking on the SB door with some really mediocre QB play. As soon as he landed a potential franchise QB, he had his SB very quickly.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Why would Rex have 4 seasons to get a backup QB? That responsibility falls on Tanny & the rest of the scouting department.

13. displacedfan

That's the whole point. THey kept him around forever for him to finally get it.

He didn't win his first playoff game until his 3rd year. Made the playoffs first 6 years and went 5-6.

Missed the playoffs 3 straight years

Then went 1-1 and 1-1 in the playoffs.

Then missed.

Then went 1-1.

Then won the Super Bowl.

Then misses.

You think a coach lasts that long here? I don't think so here. I think a coach here gets pressure for never winning the SB then pushed out the door that 3 year stretch

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'd let the season play out with Rex and with Sanchez starting. Make it 300% obvious that this horse is dead and can be flogged no more.. And then cut them all loose. Rex, Tanny, the Chize, Tone. Let Tebow go crawling out on one knee.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I've never stated Rex should be fired. Just pointing out that the trend throughout NFL is that HC gets a second starting QB before his fired. Because of this trend, I believe Jets will give Rex a second starting QB before he's seriously on the hot seat.

You're right about Cowher having a very long run before his first SB & I do think if the organization wasn't Pittsburgh Steelers he would've been fired. I wouldn't agree with the decision but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen also. It's harder to find patience than franchise QB I think. The reason I bring up all the years Cowher needed was to provide counter argument to somebody dissing Cowher needing so many years to pull of the SB. Implying that there's something wrong with him & trying to diminish his accomplishment.

===
    As for the Jets, I think there's almost zero chance such patience will ever be given to Rex or any other HC. I'd expect to Jets to follow the league-wide norm & grant at most a 2nd starting QB when it comes to extending their head coach tenure. That makes me sad because I do believe Rex can win a SB but patience is in short supply all over this league.

#75 ajax, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  16. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

The 49ers turned their franchise around hiring Jim Harbaugh (though they clearly have a smart talent evaluator in Trent Baalke now, too). Just because us fans don't know who to replace Ryan with (I wouldn't look to famous retreads like Gruden, Billick or Cowher either) doesn't mean that there's no one good out there.

Of course, if Woody is the one who has to figure out whom to replace Tannenbaum and Ryan with, the team is probably in trouble either way. I have no faith in any of the current Jets' decision makers.

17. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

watching kyle wilson out there should highlight the issue is how poorly tannenbaum has drafted and shed light on that being the biggest problem we face.

18. displacedfan

Well put. I agree Rex should get a second QB through a draft, not on this roster. The thing is, if this goes back, I don't see Woody giving him another shot. I wish he would, but it doesn't look good. This ties in with me wanting Sanchez to start the rest of the season. Easy scapegoat and maybe Tanny gets a title change, but it saves Rex from the chopping block which I think he should be saved from

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It seemed like they were always in contention though.

You can give your coaching staff a break if you perennially get to the playoffs and lose to better teams.

The steelers also draft very well and always find ways to re supply their talent pool.

20. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I doubt Saban leaves Bama. Chip Kelly's name has been being mentioned for a couple of years. Can't really think of anybody else.