Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The problem is Sanchez has never, in any season he's played, even been league average. He has always been a bottom 1/4 of the league QB in terms of every measurable statistic. Well I take that back, in 2011 he was league average in one category (But bottom 1/4 in every other category) and that was TD's, he was almost exactly league average in that year in that one category. But reality he's been bottom 1/4 in each season to date, and bottom 1/5 in most of those categories.

If Sanchez had been at least an average QB over this season and the previous 3 seasons we wouldn't be having this discussion. But, he hasn't been. he's been a bottom of the barrel QB who was fortunate enough to find himself on a top 5 defense and top 5 running game in his first two seasons that could carry him and shield his flaws. Last season and this season he doesn't have those to hide behind, and other teams know it. They're keying on the run because Sanchez just doesn't throw any fear in to them.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can't defend this performance. Probably time to put Teblow in.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Does Sanchez bring any meaningful energy to the huddle? Does he make people around him better?

Does anyone in the LR look on him as a leader?

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

We will be drafting a QB in the first two rounds.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What's the alternative to drafting another QB though?

With the exception of Drew Brees and the Saints it has been a decade since any team won a Super Bowl with a free agent QB. So where are the Jets getting the QB to make a Super Bowl run from?

Sanchez is going to be toast shortly if he's not already. The only reason the fans aren't booing him off and on the field now is that most of them know Tebow would be worse. That's the only savvy thing about the Tebow deal at this point, it is keeping the fans raw emotions in check.

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I can't defend his performance for today, but if you can't see the other problems that aren't behind center by this point, I don't know what to tell you.

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Tebow is no answer either. Put that mick in there. God's honest truth, he HAS to be better than Sanchez is. Sanchez makes Romo look like a saviour.

I HATED the Sanchez pick, Got sucked in like we all did... and now, it's plain. Ryan should take a page out of Herm's book. Throw Sanchez under the bus and save his job. I still think Ryan can win... I don't have much respect for him, but if he gets a REAL offensive coordinator and a REAL QB...

Schottenheimer must be laughing his ass off.

8. Br4d

Brett Favre wasn't staying for personal reasons which became obvious after the fact. He also wasn't a particularly good mentor, very few superstars on the way out are because the new guy is going to steal their thunder.

9. Br4d

As he wastes his second straight top 5 QB pick. I think not.

10. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Yes, there are other glaring holes on our team. In the NFL you would hope that your NFL QB would make up for those holes. Sanchez has never truly been a strength of this team, which is a very big reason I don't want him around anymore.

11. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

His pick? Now I am laughing my ass off.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I almost feel Sanchez needs to leave - just looking in his best interest. This city is finished with him. It doesn't matter if ST gives up a blocked punt for a TD, it is on Sanchez. The guy looks like a deer in the headlights. His confidence is gone, his teammates are garbage and only compound his performance, and his coaching has been suspect. Let him go before it's too late. It will benefit him and it will get all of the simple-minded, the world is black/white, it can only ever be one person's fault ever, people a reason to sit down and shut up. Maybe then they will begin complaining about Greene.

The Jets and the rest of us who have been a part of this perpetual fail can move on and start a new chapter.

13. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

This season Sanchez may finally break through to the bottom 1/16th or 1/32nd.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

By season end how long will this thread be?

15. SchulzEricT

SchulzEricT New Member

That's because Sanchez has played more than Russell or Anderson. The Raiders were smart enough to cut bait with Russell (and the Browns/Cards with Anderson, etc) before he hurt them more than Sanchez continues to hurt the Jets. But hey, don't bother thinking about things.

16. SchulzEricT

SchulzEricT New Member

The embattled Jets signal-caller is the least-accurate passer in the NFL this season, according to Pro Football Focus, a statistical outlet that measures "adjusted accuracy" by counting drops as completions and not punishing QBs for spikes, throwaways, batted-down passes and times when he was hit while throwing. Sanchez's league-worst adjusted accuracy rate of 60% is also the worst such mark in his career. His rate as a rookie was 63.9%. In 2010, it improved to 67.1%, still poor but at least better. Last year, though, it leveled off to 66.8%.

quoting Michael Salfino "Sanchez can't put it more accurately"

So I guess that proving he's the least accurate starting QB in the league even when factoring drops, spikes, throwaways, etc still won't sway you, but it proves you're wrong to ignore facts.
    (If you go on reading, you'll see Michael mentions that last year Tebow was (barely) worse, but Tebow also helps by moving the ball on the ground himself, generally forcing the opposing defense to pass-rush less b/c they are afraid of his ability to hurt them scrambling, and help the run game - historically RB's have their YPA improve somewhere between 1.4-1.7 when a scrambling QB is playing vice a pocket passer. Something that would seem to help the ground and pound Jets, no? Also, it seems pretty clear this far into Sanchez's career and this season that he can't get it done, so isn't it time to give Tebow a chance? After all, if he isn't the answer, why was he traded for in the first place? Thus far, I've been extremely disheartened by the Jets' coaching staff's ability to utilize Tebow in any useful way. Twice a game they let him pound it up the gut for a 2-yard gain, although it should be mentioned that he's extended a number of drives this year for the Jets, helping them to their 3-5 record that you all seem so content with. So don't forget, without him, Sanchez's numbers look even more lackluster.

#1036 SchulzEricT, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

If you watch Sanchez, not as a Jets' fan, but as a football fan,
    you just don't see any improvement. He's the same mistake
    prone player he was as a rookie.

18. SchulzEricT

SchulzEricT New Member

Lots of people want to give Sanchez a pass because he doesn't have dangerous weapons. Well, remember when Brady's best WR was Jabar freakin' Gaffney. Good QBs raise up their teammates. Sanchez has shown no ability to do that. Playing QB is about more than throwing the ball - Tebow is a perfect example of that. Intangibles *do* matter, or else Tebow would never have been able to lead a 1-4 team to the playoffs, even with a good defense (although this year would seem to show they were a bit overrated last year as a result of Tebow backlash, but whatever) and in a weak division. Obviously he's not as good as his most ardent supporters would suggest, but he's nowhere near as bad as his detractors would like to think either, because they forget it's about more than just throwing. QB is the only position that wins are attached to for a reason; nobody has ever said a certain DE wasn't good because look at his win-loss record.
    That's not to say that, while lacking intangibles, Sanchez is still good at throwing the ball, however. When they lost to the Patriots in OT a week ago, he put up good numbers (against a very bad secondary), but he didn't pass the eye-test. He left a lot of plays on the field (as he always seems to), and they ended up coming up just short.

#1038 SchulzEricT, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  19. Slie33

Slie33 New Member

if we have a losing season... maybe we can get Geno Smith from west virginia. Just thinking ahead.. giving up on sanchez.

20. bobaru

bobaru Banned

There's amillion different ways to state the milion way Chez sucks (and, a million fans to make it happen). Could be a while......

They say, protracted Chez, is protracted woe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.