Dolphin Fan Comments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BJXX, Oct 23, 2012.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

It was but he surrendered play calling duties to Garrett. I do see the posters point that you are quoting.

2. Ted

Ted Member

Crappy defense? I guess that makes the Jets a shitty defense.

No you want to debate or trade insults because if it's the latter (trade insults) don't bother replying.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

One thing IS for certain...this game is a "MUST WIN" for us too in order to salvage our season.

4. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

If Rex doesn't have the Jets prepared for this critical game, he may need to go.

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I have to admit, the Dolphins have done MUCH better than I thought they would, especially after watching Hard Knocks. It more or less looked like the entire season would be a train wreck, so give 'em credit for being more competitive than anyone thought.

It may have been a blessing in disguise when Garrard got hurt and they were forced to go to Tannehill. He's done a respectable job and their defense is pretty tight. If they can add some talent on offense, they'll be a tough opponent in the coming years.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Cowboys had the 5th best offense in the league the year he called plays. Did he surrender duties because he wasn't doing a good job or was it maybe because Jerry Jones loves Garrett?

It was Sparano's body of work in Dallas with Parcells that made Parcells believe he could be a good head coach, right? Is it unreasonable to think that part of the reason Parcells believed Sparano would be a good head coach was that he performed well in his duties as a play caller?

7. TurkJetFan

No, nothing you are saying is unreasonable. However, Sparano is definitely a Parcells guy and all I'll say is if Sparano's offensive play calling was so stellar, having a 5th ranked unit, I see NO reason why the playcalling duties would have been shifted in such a way.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jerry Jones.

9. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

J-Lo's ass is the only reason the Miami Dolphins are even relevant. And Tannehill's girlfriend is Mark Sanchez's throw away.

10. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

No offense man but I seriously hope Rex is not reading this board. If he is here reading our nonsense postings instead of examining game film and just generally prepping I would want him fired immediately.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has there been a lot of shit talking between the Dolphins and the Jets?

I would have expected this a lot more last week. Pretty weird.

12. TurkJetFan

Once again not disagreeing. But the fact does remain.

13. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia New Member

Did you type that while he had his dick in your mouth?

14. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Haha who let this fuckin guy here? Bro do you still dream of Dan Marino?

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

they are coming off a bye, its a must win, and we just spent alot of emotion in that last loss. they are also the more physical team and equally talented.

i think we win, but its close. jets 10 phins 9

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I don't see how a below .500 team overlooks an opponent with the same record in their own division. It's not like we have Houston or something afterwards.

It is relevant to say we may come out flat. It's happened under Ryan, we all know it.

Also, I don't think the history of a 1-1 series (or a non sweep) is relevant. New year, new teams. It's not like there is some magical fairy that establishes trends and maintains them each year. Trends are just manifestations of things that happen on their own accord. None of these men are going to perform more or less based upon the history, that's foolish.

And furthermore, it's pitiful to use "we've never been swept by a Rex Ryan team" in an actual football discussion.

I don't care about Miami's homefield "advantage" either.

They're a better team than we thought they'd be and they should have won last time. We'll see what happens.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Obviously it happens, but it's not because the team didn't prepare properly or because Rex is concentrating on the next matchup and takes the team lightly. As fans we can speculate about future matchups but you can bet your life savings that the Jets take it one game at a time and put in full effort toward planing for their next opponent. If they come out and don't execute well early on, it won't be ideal but it's overcomable.

18. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I would say the defense didn't get mentally ready for Pittsburgh in 2010. Once they got their ass chewed out and a firm knock at the reality door at halftime, they played like they were capable of.

They weren't very mentally ready for 45-3 either but Leonard went down on Thur/Friday in practice and called the shots on D. Not to mention Murphy's Law was crapping all over the Jets that game.

I agree with your post. I don't have an ear in the locker room so I don't know how Rex addresses this years team. But in years past it was the rest of the league will lose if we just play our best. After a big win or an upsetting loss, I can see the distraction that might cause.

That said, now that the offense has some kind of rhythm, for the first time since 2009 really, I'm expecting a solid performance from all three phases.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What insults? I'm here to talk football. NYJ offense is better than what is was last time where the apparent worst QB in the NFL threw over 300 yds against MIA defense, I expect no problems moving the football on Sunday. If your D comes to play I will acknowledge it.

#59 Jake, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  20. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

You guys have the temerity to talk trash while you have the Fist Pumper as your offensive coordinator?