Time to trust Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 23, 2012.

1. BJXX

BJXX New Member

A bunch of the obvious. The Rush/Pass ratio will change game to game based on what's working. Rex knows the ground and and pound is more an attitude than a strategy.

Keller's return, even if he's not catching many passes, has & will make life easier on Sanchez, his numbers show it.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes, obviously we have to trust him, however, the receivers need to stop dropping easy passes. I understand its going to happen from time to time, but that needs to improve first off. Second he need a solid running game threat. He's not elite, but he's shown he CAN play at a high level. I also agree about Ducasse. He's stepped it up. I want to see him getting more snaps with Moore wearing down and Slauson being mediocre.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is probably the wisest place to be with Sanchez for the next year or two. He's clearly better over that span than any young QB we'd be grooming short of Peyton Manning II and it's not like really good QB's ever get out on the free agent market these days if they have something left in the can. Well, unless they have matching issues like Michael Vick's that weigh just as heavily in the decision.

The smart move for the Jets is to go get a real QB prospect to groom behind Sanchez and let his contract play out unless really poor performance forces their hand.

Hell, the Jets might even be the team that gets the older, wiser Mark Sanchez and puts enough talent around him to win it all.

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to have to trust Sanchez to be able to throw it 30+ times against the Dolphins if they want to win. He showed last week he can handle it, he just needs to cut down on those 1 or 2 boneheaded mistakes he is prone to make.

There is no reason Sanchez shouldn't have a stat line similar to the one he just had against New England. If he can throw for 250+ efficient yards and we run the ball with enough success to keep the Dolphins honest then we win IMO.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Maybe it is time to trust Mark? Here is the thing – trust is earned not awarded. Has he done enough to earn our trust lately? After all this time this always seems to be the question.

The problem with Mark is he is not a leader so he is not going to “lead us” anywhere. He is somebody we take along for the ride.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They need to actually have coaches that know how to run an efficient effective offense first. We'll be in the same spiral of bullshit until they get someone that develop a strong offensive identity. As of now, the previous OC / QB Coaches weren't that good. Sparano might be the answer, but I'm not so sure on it yet. Been saying it before, Norv Turner. If the Chargers don't make the playoffs he'll get fired.

7. 101GangGreen101

This doesn't matter. The team will go as Mark can take them THIS YEAR, they need to get rid of the handcuffs, quit bullshitting, and be more aggressive on offense.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The best OC masquerading as a HC at the moment. Wade Phillips was the best DC in that situation until he got fired and went back to being one of the best DC's in the business.

In a year or two Rex will be at that point also if he hasn't mastered the job of head coach in the interim. Who was the guy glaring at the OC on the sidelines when the play-calling got dicey at the end of the game?

Nobody. That's the head coaches job and Rex isn't comfortable doing that. Who gives Sanchez the wicked look after he makes a mistake?

Nobody. That's the head coaches job and Rex isn't comfortable doing that.

Who is holding the DC accountable for really bad tackling on the part of some of his players?

Think about it.

#28 Br4d, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  9. 101GangGreen101

Which is why Norv would work. He knows if he screws up the Chargers (which he already has) he won't get a HC gig anytime soon. Norv's pinky has more knowledge about NFL offenses than the entire Jets FO. He would bring a credible proven system to NY and could help Mark fix some of the fundamental issues he has. I say this because I think he was instrumental in helping Alex Smith keep his job as the QB of the Niners.

Rex isn't comfortable holding offensive players accountable because he still doesn't know enough about offensive philosophy and how that side of the ball is played. They need someone here that knows that side of the ball

Let Rex worry about the defense and let Norv take care of the offense. Texans are doing it and they are the best team in the conference.

#29 101GangGreen101, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Honestly I'm baffled by the playcalling on goal line and 3rd and 1 situations. I don't believe it's a matter of trusting Sanchez. It's using him in the right spots. Why have him throw a slant to Schilens (who has not proven himself in any way shape or form) when you have Tebow on the roster for those specific plays?

I was for the Tebow move because I believed that he was going to be a role player for this squad... more support for Sanchez like Brad Smith used to be. Now I don't really understand what they're doing.

It's not a matter of trusting Sanchez, it's a matter of figuring out what the hell they're trying to do with this team.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Ill never trust Sanchez, He needs to be more aware and notice open recivers, The play is still lodged in my mind when he threw the INT he had a Wide open Greene who coulda caught it and ran 30 yards before he got touched

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You must have missed the end of the first half in the Texans game. Rex was positively snarling at the field.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Norv Turner? :lol: Yeah the Chargers have really gone places under him LOL.

14. 101GangGreen101

He's an awful head coach but his offensive system is proven. He would be a great OC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Are people really this ignorant? This was a shot play pump fake to Keller hit Hill. He had no time or was the play even designed to look at Greene. Sanchez not only threw a bad pass he threw it late which was more of the problem. No Qb would have hit Greene on that play design.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000083220/Patriots-pick-off-Sanchez

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't mind letting the team run the hurry up a little bit outside of two minutes. I'd rather get a first down then starting pushing the pace a little so we don't go 3 and out quick.

17. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia New Member

The problem you see with sanchez right now is the problem the Dolphins had with Henne. Sparano and co. coached him up to not make mistakes. In doing so, they kept the handcuffs on and forced Henne to be a robot. They didn't trust Henne's ability to be a key part of the offense and they played safe. That's what I see happening now with sanchez. sparano is now as he was then, a play not to lose, keep mistakes to a minimum, settle for 3 points coach. His mindset wont change. sanchez, though part of the problem, isn't the only problem. The CS needs to hold themselves accountable for the poor play. Are they capable? Who knows.

18. BleednGreen247

Yup

Let the kid sling it

He will make mistakes and have shitty games like every other QB

Only way to learn is from mistakes

Sanchez has all the talent, we've seen him make Brees-like throws, let the kid finally sling it and learn

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The problem with Sanchez with this coaching staff is that Sanchez is more Brett Favre than a Brady type player.

Mark will make great throws but he will also throw stupid or shall I say ill advised balls or make stupid plays .ie the fumble

Can the two coexist we will find out these remaining nine games. I am not sure the some of these anti-sanchez fans will make because if you let Sanchez throw there will be mistakes and when we lose the Sanchez bashers will be in full force.

He is not a mistake free Qb

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Norv is a proven OC & if it were possible I'd clean out the offensive staff & hire him right now. The offensive version of Wade Phillips seems like a good analogy. However, the norm dictates Sparano be given at least 2-3 seasons before being let go (unless Rex also leaves).

Also, I'm not so sure Norv would take an OC job unless he's failed for 1-2 seasons to grab HC position.