2012 Week 8 - Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this game. CANT WAIT.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Pats run D is ranked 7th in the league. The Pats run attack is ranked 4th in the league. OOPS! So much for that theory. All I said is we have improved in those areas since game 3. It's pretty hard to deny that. And don't forget Keller, the phins killer, who was out last time.

#102 Barcs, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. FriendlyDolphin

:rofl: look at the teams they've faced to get that rank in 4 for rushing all of them are in the bottom of in the league against the run except seattle which they couldn't run for shit. The Pats run D is rank 8th (you helped with that rank too) while ours is rank 4th and we shut greene down last time. Also I know who keller is, he didn't save you from last years meldown either. This game bush will be back to face the jets where he was on his way for 100+ yards before he left cause of injury and you're rank 30 against the run :breakdance: We will also use a 3rd receiver this time which we didn't even use against you because legadu nanee is the worst receiver in the league and finally got cut and replace for gaffney, which is a huge upgrade from that scrub.

#103 FriendlyDolphin, Oct 23, 2012
  4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Must win, we need this win to go into the bye at 4-4 and gear up for a second half run. Also we would own the tiebreak against Miami.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Won tickets from ESPN Radio. So me and the old man will be there. SQUISH THE FUCKING FISH!

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes up too high...

7. FriendlyDolphin

yep wait until he finds out dolphins aren't fish.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think we will see a better game last time. Last time we played the Dolphins we sucked and they sucked.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The yards would be real helpful for you if yards actually ended in points! Easy example, Sanchez throws 300+ against NE we lose the game, he throws 82 vs the Colts and we win.

10. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

When did this become a dolphins forum? Dolphins lost at home to a much worse Jets team. Tannehill ain't shit- he will crumble to Rex's D. Pass rush has improved, coverage has improved, and run defense has def improved. Sanchez is throwing better, Greene is running harder, O-line is blocking better, and we have a healthy Kerley/Keller/Hill since week 3. Even after the Jets dog shit performance in Miami we still won. Miami usually plays us tough, but at home, and after that loss to NE, I don't see it happening this game. We destroyed them on MNF last year at home, we'll do it again.

35-13 Jets. I usually lean towards the darkside too.

#110 RutgersJET, Oct 23, 2012
  11. bringbackkotite

bringbackkotite New Member

in spite of what jaworski says and miami fans echo, tannehill is not playing all that well. the jets secondary is playing very very good football right now and will easily handle the pathetic receiving corps of hartline, bess, and fasano. tannehill will throw at least one pick and will not be able to establish a rhythm.
    the game will come down to reggie bush vs an improved but still spotty jets run defense, and whether or not sanchez can avoid throwing interceptions to randy starks.

quick note, sanchez's numbers since keller's return:
    58-86, 67.4%, 676 yards, 6 touchdowns, 2 interceptions

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tannehill has more INTs the TD yet they say he is playing well? I think Matt Moore was playing better last year. Though he has his going pains, and I think Rex will confuse Tannehill a lot. Hartline hasn't done anything since that big game in Arizona. Devone Bess still is a decent receiver and Fasano is a underrated TE. I do believe that we can pass on this secondary, so protecting the passer is crucial. I think as long as Sanchez doesn't throw picks, we should win this game.

13. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia New Member

Too bad sanchez likes to throw picks, mr. diddy. Especially fun ones in the end zone.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

So does Tannebust!

15. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia New Member

Difficult to call Tannehill a bust after 6 games. Easy to call sanchez a bust after 3.5 years.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Key to the game, stop Reggie Bush and make Tannehill beat you.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Interesting points.

Lets see here. Lets look at the teams you have faced to earn that 4th against the rush ranking:

Oakland: ranked 31st
    St Luis: 12th
    Jets: 14th
    Bengals: 17th
    Arizona: 19th
    Texans: 5th
    Average rank: 16th

Basically the Texans are the only good rushing team you faced and they splattered you. It works both ways.

The Jets faced the Texans, 49ers, Bills, Patriots. All teams in the top 6. Then there's Miami, Indy and Pittsburgh.
    Average rank: 10th

When we faced you in week 3:

No Pou'ha - key to stopping the run
    No Thomas - another key to stopping the run
    No Keller - key to both run blocking and receiving game
    Stephen Hill got hurt and left the game early

You faced a weak depleted banged up Jets team still learning a new offense at home and you still lost. Basically I'm saying you suck ass.

#117 Barcs, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  18. Ted

Ted Member

Not sure where you are getting your stats but they are off for several teams, both for the better and worse. What I want to focus on is the common opponent in Houston. Foster had 79 yards and Tate 6 yards aginst the Dolphins so that falls far short of the term "splattered." Against the Jets, Foster had 152 by himself.

#118 Ted, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  19. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

Indeed. I've never really understood this mind set.

Remember 45-3? Then the loss after that...how's that theory working out?

It's Jets/Phins. My guess is a one score game. 24-21 somebody wins.

20. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Very cool.

Let us know where the seats are. I'm interested in finding out what kind of seats these radio stations give away.