These next 3 Games (Miami, Seattle, St. Louis)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

That stadium could easily be called cheating. Think about it, they have a clear advantage that no other team in the NFL has. No wonder Pete Caroll fits right in.

And it's not like mile-high where you can't help the circumstances.

For that reason alone I hate the Seahawks, and their little midget QB.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

its not exactly a bold statement to say the next 3 games at 3 - 4 will decide the season.

i would obviously agree. if the jets are 4 - 6 after the next 3 games the season is done.

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Seattle is going to be a tough game to win. They are so hard to beat in that building.

The Dolphins defense is extremely overrated. They are very similar to the Patriots, they cant stop the pass. They play the run very well but their secondary is terrible. The formula for success on offense is the same as it was against the pats, keep them honest by running the football in order to setup the pass down field. Keller, Kerley, and Hill should all have a field day again. Hell even in the first game Sanchez managed to throw for 300 yards against them, now that he has had more time to work with guys like Hill and Kerley and with Keller back there is no reason the Jets cant light it up passing the ball like they just did against New England.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

All three games are winnable, but Seattle on the road is very, very difficult. The good thing there is that offense isn't that great, so they shouldn't score a lot on us unless the offense completely implodes on the road.

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Remember the days when all three of these games looked like cupcakes?

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

St Louis. With Schitty the schnideline.

7. Hobbes3259

They still do.

8. Hobbes3259

Jets took texans and pats to the wire..l.

And the pats needed refs help to win.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We need to beat Miami to get to 3-1 in division. We should be the Rams. We should play Seattle close. That defense is tough, but I think we can run on them.

10. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I am scared of Seattle, but Russell Wilson is so screwed against us, he can scramble, but will maybe throw for 150 yards total, I think we can beat them by throwing down the middle, they have bad LB's and slow safeties (real big) and good corners, I am hoping for 3-0 and would be ecstatic if we could do that

11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Bad LBs? I wouldn't go that far. They are very well coached and extremely quick to the ball.

If we want to beat Seattle, we need Sanchez->Keller to have a huge game because Kerley and Hill should be on lock down. Running the ball should be tough.

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

A cupcake?? really?

What Dolphin-Jet game has not come down to the wire in the Rex Ryan era?? Maybe the Monday night game last year?

You guys were also a missed fg away from losing to a rookie after overcoming a defecit. I don't think this game will be won easily on either side.

It will likely be 21-17 or 17-14 ... something close and relatively low scoring.

13. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Seattle scares me. They are physical and can get after the QB. I can see things snowballing there if we get off to a slow start.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Just thinking of Seattle makes me think of Favre's choke..uugh

Look, we all know the most important thing is playing well in the division & conference.
    AORN, We are 2-1 Div. & 3-3 Conference.

Win the Remaining 3 Div. Games and we have a shot @ winning the actual Division and going to the playoffs.

Win the remaining Div. games & Conference games and that puts us minimum @ 9-7 with advantageous tie-breakers.

Add 1 OOC game and that's 10-6 and most likely a lock in to the post season.

Now, is this doable...That's a whole nutha thread. :smile:

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

If we go 2-1, I'll do a break-dance.

Despite how "well" Sunday went, I still don't see another win until the St. Louis game. Seattle you can write off as a loss. We're not winning that game. Miami is the key. Beat Miami and you've got a shot in the second half of the season to win 9 games and sneak in as a 6th seed. Either way, still not a Super Bowl team and that's what I care about.

16. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

we HAVE to go 3-0 over these next 3 (very winnable) games. 2-1 won't cut the mustard if we are gonna have a legitimate shot at the playoffs this year.

Everyone keeps talking about Seattle's D and their homefield advantage but how about the fact that their offense makes ours look like the 99 Rams. There is no reason we shouldn't win those games if the Jets play the way they have the last couple weeks

17. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

I say we win all three, with the way we've been playing. Two rookie qb's in miami and seattle, we win and st.louis doesn't really scare anyone. So I say 3-0 and big match with new england for division lead.:jets::jets::jets:

18. MiamiCalifornia

MiamiCalifornia New Member

The jets simply will not beat the Dolphins. That's all there is to it. Maybe they beat the Rams, but they go 1-2 in that stretch. Moral victories don't count for anything in the NFL, so taking the Texans and the Patriots "to the wire" only added to the L column. Nothing more.

19. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That game in Seattle is gonna be rough, we always suck going out west

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We will win all 3 games.

Miami will be led by a ROOKIE QB that Rex will eat alive. Yes, Miami's run D is stout, but the Jets run game has been strong lately mostly b/c defenes CANT stack the box. Sanchez only needs an average game with Kerley, Keller, and Hill to win this game easily.

Seattle is a tough place to play, but they will be getting the Jets after a 2 week healing period, and we need it. Mangold, Ellis, Pouha, Greene, Bilal, McKnight, and Keller & Hill nursing hammmies all will benefit greatly from the time off. Plus Rex has been doing a great job playing 9 rookies to fill in for the the above players plus our 2 super stars. These guys are getting really good right before our eyes, and then we have our big guns coming back from injury.

Add to that the Seattle game is a must win for Rex for the Jets to claim the tie breaker over NE, since we could both end the season 10-6, 5-1 in the division. Everything considered, I have no issue with projecting a Jet win in Seattle (12-6 type of game).

The Rams ARE NOT a good team. Thew only thing that could put this game in jeopardy is if the Jets play flat and down to their competition, leaving the game close, which is shouldn't be. After winning the previous 2 games, the Jets will be on a roll and feel better about themselves than they've felt all year. I don't expect a let down. This will be an easy win for the men in green. Plus, since stopping the run has been a Jet weakness, look for Shotty to pass the ball to Cromartie 60 times.

Jets 6-4