Anyone know what throwbacks the Jets will use this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ibleedgreen7476, Oct 17, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

isn't it interesting that NE is wearing throwbacks against us again? it's like they don't want to recreate the settting from our playoff game 2 years ago, they refuse to wear their blue jerseys.

2. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

And isn't it interesting that in Rex's time here we have never worn our green jerseys again New England home or away in 7 games, last time we wore our green jerseys against New England was 2008 week 2, hard to believe.

3. nyjunc

Good point.

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

How many of you watched the Jets play in the 80's?

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

The two of you need your heads examined! :breakdance:

The "Concorde Jets" logo was one of the best in our history.

I like the Alternate white titans uni - the blue is more hideous than the original Titans colors.

Loving a uniform or logo has nothing to do with how good or bad they played.

6. nyjunc

I watched the Jets in the 80s and love those uni's, in the early 80s the green seemed to be darker. I didn't like them as much when they added the black trim in 1990 or when they lightened the green but w/ a darker green those uni's were great,

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If we wore our throwback Titans jersies, it'd probably be for either the Thanksgiving game or the Titans game. Hopefully there'd be advance info so I can buy a Titans of New York shirt.

8. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Can't stand the old concorde Jets logo, it's tacky as all hell. Green helmets looked like total shit too, and the uniforms were generic as shit. Our current uniforms are a great call back to the classic original jerseys that the Super Bowl Champion Jets wore, which I think is the finest uniforms in all of football.

9. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Well New Era made new Titans hats for sale so I'm guessing it's gonna be the Titans and Rex was wearing a Nike Titans hoodie last week.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The titans jerseys are played out now, the 80's sack exchange jerseys would be cool to see.

11. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I like the Titans unis as well. And dislike the 80s unis. Particularly the whites. Cheesy as any uniform ive ever seen.

Ironic, considering my avatar, i appeciate.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Anyone who lived through the 80's Jets would NEVER want to see those unis again...ever....under ANY circumstances.

The best thing Parcelles did was ditch those god awful unis and bring back the classic unis we wear to this day.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Titans uniforms really grew on me. They are also a cool way to honor the AFL.
    I never want to see the 80's Jets uniforms again. I never liked them, plus they remind me of some of the worst in Jets futility.

14. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I'm 42 and only true Jets Uniforms are green ones and the 80's are the nicest outside of Super bowl lll.

[​IMG]

15. Fraze27

Fraze27 New Member

Why didn't they wear the '80s unis during the ring of honor game?

16. retroicon

retroicon Member

The Titans uniforms just plain suck...

We're not the damn Titans, we're the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

There's already another team in the league named the Titans. What the hell would they do if we wore the Titans uniforms in a game against the Titans?

Our colors aren't blue and puke gold, they're white and green.

Fuck the Titans uniforms. I could go for ANY other style... 80's, 90's, whatever... hell, wear the reebok uniforms from 2 years ago for all I care.

But stop with this damn Titans stuff, it's awful.

17. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

Agreed...their normal uniforms are practically throwbacks anyway and are the best of the bunch.

White over white's my favorite.

As for the Nike jerseys with the different colors. The darker patches you see on jerseys are known as sweat-boxes. The material looks almost identical when the game starts but as sweat accumulates the moisture is all driven to those certain areas, hence the darker colors throughout the league. A handful of teams don't have them (the Packers for one...you know, because why fuck with perfection?)

I fucking hate the Nike-Lace look around the collars and the deeper v-neck collars. Think they look like shit.

Then again I'm not one to buy jerseys for anything so to each his own but I think Reebok did a better job across the board.

To quote the great Paul Lukas...spending $250 for a polyester shirt isn't a wise move.

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Jets aren't wearing any throwbacks this season.

They chose white tops for Buffalo and their regular green tops for the final seven home games.

19. nyjunc

I lived through the 80s and would love to see them back. Parcells changed the 90s uni's not the 80s, they ruined them in the 90s by lightening the green and adding black.

20. I despise the Titan uni's. The Jets will always be Green & white. They aren't the 80's rams.

I love the 80's uni(As junc pointed out the darker variety from pre 86). For those of us children of the 80's..win or lose..that was the look the team we grew to love wore.