Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I just don't think you can bench your starter at 2-3 with losses to PIT, SF and HOU.

2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

BINGO!

Give the man a cigar!

3. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sorry guys, but Mark Sanchez's QB rating is 66.6, a sure sign that he is the devil. 6 TDs and 6 INTS heading into game 6...what more evidence do you need?

You can't make this shit up. The guy is clearly Satan.

http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/gamelogs

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I unfollowed him after that. Manish is trash. Used to be good. Now a product of his enviroment I guess.

5. jlee499

jlee499 Member

You just don't get it do you? My original premise was that Sanchez cannot be mentioned in a discussion without his defenders, defending everything that goes wrong for him in a game. If you look at his entire body of work in the NFL he has not performed well, in my humble opinion. Granted the 'JETS' got to two AFC championship games, but I would be more inclined to say it was despite his skills rather then because of them, and since that run what has he done for us.

Without a doubt, I would have much preferred Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers 'straight up' in both of those games. This year I would prefer them also... and in the Houston game, I have a feeling they could have scored 24 points even with our running game and run defense. To hold the Texans to 23 was quite an accomplishment for a run defense that was being shredded.

Bottomline, I am tired of the Sanchez defenders who can't face the fact that he may not be our QB of the future.

#705 jlee499, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

As you say, the 'JETS' go to two AFC championship games... and now you're expecting 'Sanchez' to carry everything forward? What happened to that team effort?

There is solid evidence in the history of the NFL that players can be developed. Name one Super Bowl winning franchise that has done so without building and developing a core. Just because one member of that core isn't playing to the level that everyone expects doesn't mean you give up on him. Starting over is wasting your investment. Sanchez is not broken. He's got individual issues AND team issues right now.

When this much is going wrong you stick with your guys, you continue to work on your problems and you perservere. You don't abandon ship at the first sign of trouble.

If we continue blowing everything up at the first sign of trouble then we'll never field a Super Bowl winner.

7. jlee499

jlee499 Member

What I said was that I believe we got there despite his skills, not because of them. And, I'm not expecting Sanchez to carry anything forward, didn't say that.

What I do expect is that we all look at his performance over the 3 years plus 5 games and honestly ask ourselves, can we do better? Can Sanchez, with the right players around him... and from all of the excuses I've read, it will take 5-6 drafts to surround him with the core he needs, take us to a SB?

I don't think so.

Again, bottomline, I am tired of the Sanchez defenders who can't face the fact that he may not be our QB of the future.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

They know now Mark is not the player they had hoped and Tebow is not the QB they want, then I agree.

Give McElroy a shot and just maybe we don't need to draft a QB next year.
    Crazier things have happened. Brady was never even thouht of as a starter when drafted and he's a friggin HOFer. Not that he will be a Brady, but based on what he did in college he can't be worse than Sanchez and at a fraction of ther price.

Tanny should be fired for giving Mark an extension.

9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Tanny should be fired for many things...

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I still don't get all this love for McElroy he has NO arm strength, it's worst than Chad Pennington. If Sanchez doesn't cut it, we need to cut him, Tebow and start fresh and new with a new rookie QB with a new GM btw.

As for the extension, again it wasn't an extension, it spread the money out over the last 2 years and makes Mark "cuttable" after next season.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The lack of protection is making him throw inaccurate. I'm not saying every pass would be on target but the guy has little protection from his offensive line.

12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm watching NFL Live and Mark Schlereth was talking about the state of the Jets and said regarding their play, "It's not an endorsement of Tim Tebow as much as it is an indictment on Mark Sanchez and the offense."

13. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

14. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Because the offense only has 2 TD's in those 3 games.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Valid, and he is on thin ice as a result, I don't think you pull the pin yet though.

We will have to completely flip our offense around with Tebow at the controls, what part of the run game/blocking you've seen so far makes you think we can do an option-read offense with Tebow and be effective?

At 2-3 and 2-0 in the div can we wait a little longer until we flip this thing completely upside-down?

16. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Given that we have yet to see Tebow running the "normal" offense with the first team, it's conjecture that we would have to "flip" our offense.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem with this is that Sanchez is clearly rushing throws at the expense of ball safety to avoid sacks. I can think offhand of about a half dozen plays that should have been sacks except that Sanchez did something unwise with the ball instead.

That's the same thing that happened last year at the end of the season.

This is not saying that Sanchez play has been at all acceptable because it hasn't but the Jets OL is a lot worse than the sacks would suggest, just as they were last season.

Sanchez is in a pretty bad spot at this point. If he was playing at top form he'd be throwing the ball out of bounds at the 2.5 second mark like clock-work when he didn't have an open receiver. Instead it's squirting out in alarming ways once or twice a game at the 3 second mark.

His completion percentage would be crappy either way. He only looked good last game when he stepped up immediately into an open lane and threw the ball as in the back to back completions in the TD drive. That open lane doesn't exist very often given the problems at G this year.

18. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Well said. It was a thought like this that led me to the post I started about us not winning the battle on either side of the line. Sanchez is inconsistent because the OL is inconsistent. Now before people jump on me, I realize he also makes his own mistakes but the lack of consistency from the OL to me is the key.

I've watched other games and you here the announcers say the same things about a lot of QBs. When they have time to step up and plant their feet they are on their game. When they don't the make mistakes.

Another interesting thing that I've heard on tv shows is with some QBs when they try to make a play and throw an interception of fumble they are doing what makes them who they are. I heard this a lot recently about Romo and we've all seen Favre have many multiple interception games. I'm not saying Sanchez is in Favre's league just that QBs try from time to time to put the team on their shoulders. Sometimes it works out and other times it looks really bad.

To me it seems that some JETS fans are way too reactionary and they twist the facts depending on if they like the player or coach. It's almost at times they'd rather be right then see the JETS or that player/coach succeed. With Sanchez we're seeing people say we made it to the AFC Championship twice despite him though last year and now all are issues are because he's just not that good. Funny to me because I didn't know Sanchez was the cause of us not stopping the run or being able to cover the tight end.

Again to be clear. I'm not saying Sanchez is great nor that he hasn't made his share of mistakes. All I'm saying is that he is a better QB than many seem to give him credit for and has won us more games then he's lost us.

19. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

I noticed Sanchez likes to stay in the pocket a lot. I don't see him tuck and run so much this season. Seems to me that instead of forcing passes in, maybe he should use his legs more. If your o-line is subpar, doing some scrambling for positive yards can help lessen the pass rush and negate some of the bad protection.

20. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Check out #2 on list:sad:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
    Michael Vick has a league-high 9 red-zone turnovers since 2011 -->

[​IMG]