You know what little respect the JETS GET...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Oct 5, 2012.

1. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Hahaha...sigh. That's awesome. Optimism for this fanboard = We won't lose by 27 points! Life of a Jet's fan.

[​IMG]

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's not a must-win but it's a must-compete. If they DO lose by 20+ that shows the wheels have come off and major changes are needed.

3. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

That's a terrific way of looking at it as a "must-compete." Even if the results aren't good, they have to show they're in the game, and not quitting.

4. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I just can't believe that this team is flaming out on us in Week 5...

I mean it's Week 5 and we already have little to look forward to. You have to be a longtime Jet fan to really remember what this feels like I guess.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I went to the NYJ/Texas game when MS debuted which is just 3 short years ago & just compare the opposite ways this 2 teams fortunes have gone in those 3 short years :jets:

6. championjets69

Sounds like me in 69 in SB3 when I bet the NYJs with my co workers with NO points & they gave me 10-1 odds & I won oodles of money thanks to JWN & Weeb & company :sad:

7. championjets69

Duh I do not think U have the foggiest idea of really how few players we have on this team that can make plays & do not blame it on Revis & Holmes since CBs do not lead you to the promised land & Holmes is not a count on me player :sad:

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Must say I'm a bit disappointing in the OP.

If big Al Dorow had big green hairy calhoones, he'd have taken his beloved Jets straight up.

stop being a pussy.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

that's probably why the guy gave him 27 points.

could just as easily be 4 picks for tds instead of 4 completions for 20 yards.

pete carroll was right- he needed extra time in college. the deer-in-the-headlights look wuold have been lessened to a much greater extent.

10. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Whether the Jets win this game or not (anything is possible), picking the Jets in this game is NOT a good bet. Pussy or not, I'm SMART enough to know that there is a fine line between being an enthusiastic, supportive fan, and being a dumb ass. Is "Al Dorow" a pussy?...sure. Is "Footballgod" a dumb ass?...without question. :)

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i was just bustin ya....I'd take 27 points all day every day!

12. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Flaming out? Everyone expected the Jets to do shitty and then bounce back. Once the schedule was released, I think us losing to the niners and Texans were almost assumptions..

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You should have held out for 30..no Holmes, no Hill, no Keller..and it's only Saturday..who knows who else will bow out before Monday night.

14. NewYorkEveryThing

If we go into the bye @4-4..Then we have another 8 games to play with maybe 2 losses the most to get into the playoff's.... I just do not see that happening playing the pats alone with all our injury's is 2 losses. The dolphins can beat us even before the bye. They always play us hard...4-4 with 8 more looks like 4-4 again witch would put us @ 8-8... And another average season.

15. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

Bet it only takes 9 wins to make playoffs this year. AFC is not that strong.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately one of those 9 win teams will probably be Pittsburgh, who we already lost the tiebreaker to, and the other will be Cincinnati, San Diego or Denver (whoever loses that AFCW battle).

And the Jets aren't getting 9 wins anyway.

I'd rather go 4-12 than 7-9, 8-8. Hate to borrow a recent political term, but it's time for CHANGE.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing that, I don't know how anyone can make the determination nine wins gets you into the playoffs after 1/4 of the season. The AFC may not be strong but it's entirely possible one of those teams takes advantage of its schedule and gets ten.

Plus if a team like Pittsburgh gets 9, we've already lost the tiebreaker to them. Baltimore and Cinci may well get more than nine.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

respect is earned, we had it 2 years ago and we don't now. Go out and beat Houston in front of a nat'l TV audience and we'll start to earn some respect back.