Holmes has to go now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 1, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Holmes is good when there is another great reciver on the oppiste side, we don't have that. In his first season with Braylon on the other side Holmes made big time plays to win games all the time, But due to Tanny being half a retart we never brought Baraylon back, Braaylon,Holmes n Kerley is what this offensed needed to look like, Stephen Hill is not Braylon, Plax is not Braylon either. Holmes is only succesful when theres another real threat on the opposite side period the end, I say we keep Holmes for one more season

2. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Lol. This cracks me up. I was saying I never wanted him a part of this team before we signed him for the very first time. Glad other people are finally catching on.

3. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Miss them Flight boys right about now.

4. NewYorkEveryThing

I have came to the fact that there is no difference between any of them. Including holmes.

5. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

True that. I'd take a washed up Coles over Holmes right now.

6. Graytness

Graytness Member

I hope he's out for the rest of the season because I don't ever want to see him in a Jets uniform again. I had hoped they'd move in this past offseason after his antics last season. Yesterday was the final straw. There is no excuse for what he did on the play in question. Yes, I'm sure he was frustrated with the offense and the injury, but you cannot just flick the ball away before you're down. Pitiful!

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You're not cutting the man a break here. We have no reason to believe he's a quitter now, do we?

8. Graytness

Graytness Member

Not at all. Tone has never quit on the team before.

9. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

I didn't like the re-sign. But.. he is the Only "weapon" The offense is a joke, we need him. 20 years I've been watching this team. F me.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we act like we need him for his talent or his contract then the inmates are running the show and we are prisoners of his BS. Thats the sign of losers.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Holmes is the least of our problems...The guy is a 1 man WR core out there...What else do we have????

Chaz Schillens? Stephen Hill? Patrick Turner?

How pathetic is that? I mean is Rex/Tanny serious about calling this the best team? Its asinine and retarded

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nonsense. This thread is an epic fail.

Holmes is the most talented player on the O since Mangold is not playing well. You and other haters complain about his numbers. Well he's got Mark Sanchez throwing to him, so what do you expect. Opponents double him all the time because no one else on the team would threaten your grandmother.

Not only does he have a SB ring, but he was MVP.

He's also reputed to be excellent with the younger receivers.

I don't get the hate for Holmes here. Never have, probably never will, because it is irrational.

And great timing to complain about him right after he got injured. You should be ashamed of yourself.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

When Holmes went down, i actually thought maybe better if its for the year.

I know he's our only real offensive threat, and looked real good against Miami.
    But i'm just tired of the aligator arms, the me first attitude, and just flat out handing a TD to SF? I'm really over both Holmes and Sanchez..

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I am ashamed of Holmes, I am ashamed of the Jets right now. I am not ashamed of myself for excpecting pros to be pros.

Love your point about his experience with Pitt - a team that ran him out of town for the same things we have been complaining about. And that was after the ring and MVP. ANd Pitt improved after releasing him. Pitt will not be held prisoner by talent or money - thats how they keep their system so strong.

Your post is a fail more than this thread.

#34 ouchy, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  15. Graytness

Graytness Member

I don't think anybody is questioning Holmes' talent or that he is the teams only playmaker on offense. It's his attitude that I take umbrage with. He quit on the team last year. He quit yesterday. There's a reason the Steelers shipped the SB MVP away for a 3rd round pick (or was it even lower?). Everyone on the team is frustrated, yet it seems to be the same guy letting it show over and over again.

On a talented team with veteran leadership, maybe Holmes could be controlled. On this team, it's hopeless. The team needs to send a message and let's face it, it rebuild time.

16. Big Blocker

Pitt ran him out of town for off the field issues. Your posts on Holmes are filled with ignorance.

17. Big Blocker

Huh??? He was carted into the locker room. You call that quitting???

Are you suggesting he faked his injury?

Wow, I will say Holmes is very helpful in finding out who the most ignorant posters are here. They all hate him.

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

He quit because he got injured... really?

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This point really nails it, IMO. Teams like Pittsburgh do everything on their terms. They are not afraid to let star players walk if they cannot agree on a workable contract. They have confidence in their scouting system and their ability to build a constant pipeline of young talent. Same with New England. They let Terry Glenn walk. They let Randy Moss walk. They are smart enough to know when it's time to cut their losses.

And then there are teams like the Jets. Teams where every move they make smacks of desperation. Brett Favre? Plaxico Burress? Tim Tebow??? This is a team with no direction and no clue about what it takes to build a winning organization.