Add Another 4th Quarter Comeback For Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Sep 24, 2012.

1. The_W

The_W Banned

Excuse me?

Sanchez was shit, all right, but stating that he was the worst player in a green jersey is just ignorant or a blatant lie, when we've got turds like Shonn Greene and Calvin Pace out there.

SMH

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That's just not true

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sanchez contributed to the struggle but he equally contributed to the win. Holmes didn't catch all those passes through magic or sheer force of will.

There are many who can't say they made any meaningful contribution to the win.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good ol' speculation. If that obvious incomplete pass was actually called an incomplete pass, the phins get a FG instead of a TD on that possession (-4 points, no OT), then the phantom roughing the kicker call based on an acting job by the kicker when Smith didn't even touch him and there's another 3 points off the board, plus we get great field position. The red zone pick... The phins were lucky this game was close as it was, we tried our damnedest to lose this. Sanchez didn't look great, but the WRs need to do a better job holding onto the ball. Cumberland looks terrible. We need Keller badly, and we need to stop killing Mark's rhythm by putting in Tebow. That goal line sequence could have been a TD if Sanchez got to play on the 2nd and 3, instead of coming back in for a 3rd and 8 or whatever it was.

#64 Barcs, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  5. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

We should have lost to the fucking fish. This team is garbage. Sanchez sucks balls

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Who are these people that think there are crappy teams in the NFL? We beat a pretty good Dolphins lets move on we won.

Listening to Cris Carter this morning and seeing the Elite Qbs struggle thus far this season it makes you wonder if it has something to do with the officiating. The Dbs are getting away with a lot more physicality it is looking more like the 1980's football than the 5,000 + yard passers we saw last season. Aaron Rodgers was a check down machine last night and people bitch about Sanchez checking down and Sanchez has no one to check down to.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You know what, you're right, I forgot how bad Greene was - probably because Powell came in and played much better.

Let me restate that - Sanchez was one of the worst players on the field Sunday until about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. While there were a lot of other bad players Sanchez was very bad himself. I don't know why people have such a hard time admitting how awful Sanchez was for the majority of that game and need to point at everyone else as if he wasn't awful.

8. xxedge72x

He was awful. Along with half of the team.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The phins are not a bad team. 4th overall in rushing and 3rd in rushing defense thus far. That's better than I've seen them in that aspect in a while. They've got a rookie QB but if they can run the ball who even needs him to throw? People that under estimated them and dismissed them as a 4-12 'easy win' team need to wake up. They could very well win 9 games this year. They blew out the Raiders who managed to beat Pittsburgh. No win is an easy win, you guys should know better than that. Any given Sunday.

#69 Barcs, Sep 25, 2012
  10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Man, you guys still blame Sanchez! it's amazing. Do you watch the game, dropped balls, no running game. WTF
    Surprised that Holmes had that many catches.

11. xxedge72x

By the way, the Jets are tied for 5th in the NFL for offensive third down conversion percentage (46% - tied with Texans and Dolphins; 1st is Steelers with 56%).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&qualified=true

Jets defense is dead last in the NFL for 3rd down conversion % at 56%. Next worst is 51%.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&qualified=true

Looking at numbers like that, I don't see how you can identify Sanchez as THE problem with the Jets right now.

If it weren't for the passing game (when it actually did something) the Jets wouldn't be 2-1 right now. The Jets have bigger problems on defense and in the running game.

12. J.E.T.S

J.E.T.S New Member

The niners, steelers, and almost the packers(even though they should've won) looked pretty awful and lost this weekend. The dolphins aren't a horrible team and we won a tough game. Sanchez play was mediocre at best, but it got the job done and thats all you can ask for. A win is a win!

We can't just blame everything on Mark, but at the same time he was his own worst enemy for parts of the game. His two picks seemed a bit more on his receiver/TE running some horrid routes and at the same time he threw a couple passes that were very bad reads.

13. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

the entire offense was totally dysfunctional.

you had errant passes.

you had WRs and TEs not knowing what routes to run.

you had players like Gates getting balls thrown to him when this player is barely an NFL player.

you had a starting RB show no vision avg 2-point-something-yds-per-carry.

you had a fill-in RT give up like 11 hurries/pressures to Cam Wake (how many sacks??? credit Sanchez a bit here)

you had the QB's most reliable weapon (Keller) out.

you had his #2 WR injured with a hamstring, go down with an even more injured hamstring.

you had drops, drops and more drops.

on defense u had missed tackles, blown assignments, blown coverages, getting blown off the ball, no pressure on the QB, and abysmal 3rd down conversion rate.

i mean, we can go on. Everything was out of sync.

So who exactly showed up to play and when?

Holmes was the best Jet on the field, by far.

In a game that no one showed up for, give Sanchez some credit for playing clutch when it counted.

He is one of the major reasons we won the game.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I have given him credit several times for playing well at the end of regulation and in OT - especially given the circumstances prior.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sorry, but he just sucks..he should have been cut after last year when it would have been cheap to do it..instead the genius GM gives him a raise and guarantees it..now you are seeing the results. Beating Buffalo and Miami is meaningless..let's see how he does against SF and Houston the next two weeks, teams that can actually play the game.

16. xxedge72x

How are two division wins meaningless?

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What I don't get is how he came out and played so well vs. Buffalo and the first series against Pittsburgh and then seemed to do a complete 180.

Maybe playing at home makes a big difference w/the new offense, especially while learning it? I hope?

18. xxedge72x

The Bills were honestly expecting ground and pound a boatload of Tebow to mix up the ground and pound... they were ready for it... and Sanchez put on a clinic.

The Steelers and Dullphins weren't fooled so easily.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I really believe that hit in Pittsburgh knocked him silly, it seemed to take him until late in the Miami game to get the cobwebs out. Remember, we were zipping down the field the first few possessions in Pitt then the hit came and we didn't do anything for the next 5-6 qtrs.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bahahaha! I can't believe he said that! Winning against improved division rivals (1 on the road) means NOTHING!! Sometimes I just scratch my head and hear the crickets after a comment like that.

2-1 in first place and the dark siders are still predicting the apocalypse. How about we actually PLAY against the 49ers and Houston before dismissing them as losses!?

The niners game is going to be another grinder, just like this one. If we reduce mistakes, it's certainly winnable.

#80 Barcs, Sep 25, 2012