Replacement Referees

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by HAYN, Aug 29, 2012.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Is this going to last all year?

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The worst part is that we fans know there are better refs waiting and the NFL has enough money to pay these refs even if they think it's too much.

The refs are way too inconsistent and call halves and even quarters different. They aren't/weren't properly trained and this falls on the NFL. The NFL has dodged a lot heat because everyone attacks the refs initially. Hopefully players and coaches start pushing, but they can't because Roger will fine you if speak ill of the refs.

3. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I'm absolutely furious. I honestly don't know whether my Patriots deserved to win by 20 points, or lose by 30, but it seems like the actual events that happened on the field were only a small factor in how the game was scored and officiated. The league seems determined to test my dedication to the NFL.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Replacement refs are getting out of control. As a Jets fan, I feel quite hallow after a Pats loss (very unusual). These refs act like throwing out a yellow flag will get them all of the bitches or something.

Completely disrupts the flow of the game.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

What's gonna suck is, when the real refs return (holding out hope), the game is gonna change drastically and we'll see a shit load of flags. It's gonna take a few games for players to get reacquainted to the old style.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This is exactly the problem. There is a lot of judgement calls every game, but the way a specific ref crew calls is not important so long as they call it consistently. As much as I enjoyed watching Pats lose and BB show an emotion other than indifference, the officiating was absolutely ridiculous.
    Maybe BAL would've won anyway, maybe not, but this was really fucked up.

7. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Wonder how BB and Godell are going to handle this.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The real refs are all rich already which is why they don't mind sitting out forever. It isn't like this is their real job or that they even need or care about it and as long as that is the case you get what you see now. What the NFL should really do is firte all of them and bring in full time refs that can be trained properly and keep this from happening again.

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The owners would just play with replacement players too, the way they did in '87. That's why they can pretty much get away with anything and be so arrogant about it.

lmfao, that's a pretty good line! He'll probably wind up paying big money for that though as Czar Goodell cracks down further.

Not only that, the NFL has enough money to pay a hundred more refs and not have it be a drop in the bucket of their revenue.

#69 NYJFan10, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  10. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

11. dex13

dex13 New Member

after watching BB on Sunday night, I doubt he's going to do anything.

12. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Wow, that pass interference call tonight might be the worst call yet.
    WR grabs the DB by the shoulder, then the facemask, and somhow the call DEFENSIVE PI, went from 3rd and 30something to first and 10 32 yards farther upfield

13. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

and now the refs are going to DIRECTLY decide the result of this game... unbelievable.

Blatant offensive PI on Tate not called on the Hail Mary. Then giving the two officials signaling different things (TD and INT). THen reviewing it and appeasing the home crowd (a common trend this season)

EDIT 1: I feel like in every single game that I have watched, the refs have gotten a replay call wrong. That i really don't understand. On the field, alright; but when you have multiple camera angles available and still mess it up? Don't understand.

EDIT 2: And now not having a proper finish to the game since they're not making them do the PAT

#73 dwalsh, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  14. Cellar-door

Holy crap.
    How can you not get it right on replay?

15. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Worst call of the year ... and there have been some pretty shitty calls so far.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I thought Bal - NE game was horrible.

Till I watched this atrocity.

Receiver commits PI - and the Sam Shields was tagged for it. Just fucking awesome.

They obviously don't see the pass interference from the receivers the way we see it.

But then, they did their best to fuck the Packers at the tail end of the game too. (and succeeded at it.)

17. Cellar-door

the 2 worst calls of the year, both in the same game, both directly deciding the game for the home team.

18. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Don't forget the roughing the passer call. That was a joke too.

19. J.E.T.S

J.E.T.S New Member

Wow. It almost gives me a sick feeling knowing that a game can be in the hands of the referees rather than the two teams in a game greenbay was robbed of a win. It's crazy that a replay can be looked at for several minutes and still be made wrong.... ??? What's the purpose of the dang replay then !!!???

20. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

The timing between the refs... so in sync, so perfect

[​IMG]