Last two minutes against Carolina, were you rooting for or against Tim Tebow?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Banjo, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo Banned

to me that was the most exciting two minutes of the game. I desperately wanted to see a Jets touchdown... to win the game no less! It would have been vintage Tebow!! He had to go all the way down the field, no timeouts at all, still got REALLY close... but alas, it was not to be.

I saw people that seem to root against Tebow in the gameday thread. seriously? :mad:

#1 Banjo, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

A lot of haters on here were definitely rooting against , sad really ...

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I was rooting for the JETS to win in last drive not just Tebow.

4. davebgray

davebgray New Member

I can understand rooting against the guy. The guy isn't an NFL QB. That's the bottom line. The sooner you guys figure that out, the better off you're all going to be. If you're a Jets fan, sure, you want to see your team do well, but Tebow playing well for one drive to win a meaningless pre-season game will only stunt your long-term growth. Your best case scenario is for him to play poorly and get rid of him as quickly as possible.

5. reverseapachemaster

I was rooting for the Jets. Only you Tebots have this delineation of Tebow and the Jets.

Tebow played as I expected he would. One good run and a couple interceptions. Still lots of bad passing. To be fair, he had to play with the turnstile on his right but so did Sanchez for the last two seasons.

6. CertifiedClutch

for but man he can't throw at all.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I was rooting for the Jets to score a TD because I definitely don't want them going into the regular season with that monkey on their back. Next week is going to be wildcards all over the place.

8. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I honestly think his role on this team is where he belongs...a wildcat QB. Someone who can obviously run really well and has the POTENTIAL to throw a good pass, but he's not consistent enough to do it on a regular basis.

9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I was rooting for Tebow, but the entire time I was asking myself in the back of my head whether Tebowites would try and use Tebow's performance as further justification for the "clutch factor".

10. JetNotts

JetNotts Member

I always root for the Jets. Thought he had the Aussie there at the end.

11. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

I'm a Tebow fan, but for the current situation your post is dead on. He still needs a lot of work and the Jets base offense is not well suited for him. He should be able to run the Wildcat pretty well (reason they traded for him). At least I hope so...

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Why do you single out Tebow?
    You don't root for or against a player, you root for or against a team. Rooting for Jets means rooting for Jets players, including TT.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I was not impressed by Tebow's play last night. No excuses. It didn't change my opinion of him, though.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

of course not, like Br4dsux, I finally wanted a TD, even if it was against backups in the 4th qtr. but aside from running with the ball he looked like shit.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no point to worrying about this though. Tim Tebow is a hysterical phenomenon, by which I mean there is a hysteria that surrounds him that locks out all reason.

He'll either get on the field as the starter as a result of that hysteria or he won't. I'll almost guarantee you that by this time next year he's going to be an ex-Jet one way or the other.

If he gets on the field his performance will drive him out of town and if he doesn't get the starting nod at some point his hysterical following will drive him out of town.

He's not suited to be an effective NFL QB and he's definitely not suited for the kind of reaction that NY media environment is going to create around him. Even Woody Johnson will be tired of the Tebow stories by next spring, assuming Tebow's performance hasn't already disqualified him from returning.

My best guess is Tebow to Jacksonville for something but it is conceivable the Jets will just cut him.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I wanted to see him pull off his heroics in a Jets uniform.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It would have been cool to win. And though nothing could erase his earlier miscues or flat play, it would have sort of set off an interesting drama -- "Jets score first TD of preseason on final play!" and all that.

He pretty much showed something -- got three really good shots at it. Kid is tough to stop on a drive with the game on the line.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

for in a big way

it'd be nice to have tebow magic go our way

we had it screw us big in Denver

19. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I was rooting for the Jets to win, so since Tebow is a New York Jet I was rooting for him and the other 10 player on the field on the last play to score a TD.