1st Dolphins Series

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MyFavoriteMartian28, Aug 19, 2006.

1. MyFavoriteMartian28

1-10-MIA 25 (7:25) D.Culpepper sacked at MIA 20 for -5 yards (B.Ruud). FUMBLES (B.Ruud), touched at MIA 20, recovered by MIA-R.Brown at MIA 18. R.Brown to MIA 18 for no gain (R.Nece).

2-17-MIA 18 (6:36) D.Culpepper sacked at MIA 7 for -11 yards (A.McFarland).

3-28-MIA 7 (6:02) (Shotgun) D.Culpepper pass short left to T.Minor to MIA 26 for 19 yards (R.Barber).

4-9-MIA 26 (5:22) D.Jones punts 43 yards to TB 31, Center-J.Denney. M.Jones to TB 35 for 4 yards (T.Minor).

----

This is the media darling Dolphins on their first drive from scrimmage... playing against the same Tampa D-line that (aside from one missed blocking assignment) the NEW JETS O-line kept away from our starting QB. Must mean one of two things, either our O-line has gotten better, or the Miami O-line is going to be pitiful.

2. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

:rofl: :finssuck:

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

:lol: Good stuff.

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Your just posting this because Dontes black.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Daunte Culpepper SUCKS! :rofl:

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That only proves their oline sucks. He still completed a 19 yard pass which is more than any of our Qbs could complete.... Bu ya the Fins looked bad which is excellent

7. MyFavoriteMartian28

Key is... everyone is just assuming that Daunte will revert to his 2004 form... while nobody wants to acknowledge how bad he was last year. He looked like Daunte 2005 in the beginning of their game last night against basic defenses... wait until he has to read complex schemes.

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It was probably just a little screen pass, as it is described as "short left" and then Minor ran for the majority of the yards.

9. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

Yep, everyone knows you can tell how good a unit and a season are by the first series in the 2nd preseason game. Riiiiiight. Some crazy people might actually wait until the games count before deciding that.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, sometimes we have to take what we can get.

11. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Hes my Fantasy QB. I only hope he plays this way against the Jets :)

12. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

Of course, but statements like "it must mean..." are just darned silly at this point.

13. MyFavoriteMartian28

Whats silly is the trail of tears left by the uber sensitive, cry baby Dolphins fans that take every little bit of trash talk too damn seriously and feel they have to exhaust every last breath defending their team... when the reality is they don't belong on a Jets message board in the first place.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

There were doubts Culpepper would even play this year. Culpepper played better in his first game back than any of the 4 Jet QB have played so far this preseason. He lead them on a 9 minute and 33 second scoring drive. He looked surprisingly good from the clips I saw.

15. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Culpepper bounced back fine once the OL got more comfortable, and we scored a TD as a result on the 3rd possession. It was obvious that our OL was uneasy at the start of the game, but that's the way it goes sometimes....

I don't exhaust every last breath defending the Phinz, but at the same time, I'm not the kind of fan that's just going to sit back and say nothing either. This thread in itself is pointless in my opinion, and that's because pre-season means very little in terms of what a player is actually capable of....

As long as Culpepper remains healthy, he's a significant upgrade for the Phinz at QB. He will make our offense much better as a result. What else is really to debate??...

Anyone belongs, it's a public message board. Also, being that we're a division rival, I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe we're just too intense for you....

16. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 New Member

Hey, at least you're an honest man.

17. MyFavoriteMartian28

Yeah, I saw that... good for him. That is the way it goes sometimes, unless its Chad Pennington then its attack of the Dolphins trolls...

Yeah right. We've already had a couple of exchanges between the two of us, and speaking from experience you will beat a dead horse all afternoon on this forum.

I agree, and I am not debating Culpepper's value here. If you go back and read my first post you will see I was using the example of the Jets O-line compared to the Miami O-line both vs. the same Tampa Defense as a measuring stick for how much the Jets O-line might have improved with the addition of Brick and Nick. I swear Dolphins fans have reading comprehension problems...

HAHAHAHAHA.... yes. You nailed it. Way too intense. I am going to go cry right now.

18. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

The poor guy. It must be tough getting attacked by countless Phinz trolls over here at the ol' GG. :lol:

Besides, although I don't think Pennington is all that great, I'm not the kind of person who really feels the need to go overboard making that known....

He is what he is at this stage as a QB, an injury prone veteran, who once had better than average skills prior to consecutive surgeries. What the future holds behind an unproven OL is unknown....

I understand what you're saying, but leaving out the TD drive{while you're trying to compare the two OL's}, is missing half the picture in my opinion....

How many 9 minute drives did the Jets OL have against the Bucs???....

19. MyFavoriteMartian28

Truth is I had posted that before that possession had ended in the TD, if I had known they would end up scoring I would not have posted it... the excitement of seeing Daunte getting sacked twice and fumbling got the better of me.